“Spotless and convenient”

Econo Lodge Moultrie
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Moultrie
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I traveled to Moultrie for my grandson's State 10 and under baseball playoff. The hotel was 5 minutes from the ball fields. It was immaculate, quiet, and the staff are friendly and helpful.
It was perfect for what I was in town for. The only negative was the recliner in my room. It needs repairing or replacing.
Sleep quality-I almost overslept both mornings.
Bathroom was spacious; bigger than most hotels of this type.

Room Tip: No elevator, but only two floors. If you have physical problems, try for a ground floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Moultrie

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Let me start by saying that this hotel is a lovely hotel and the accommodations are fine, it's the staff that gives this hotel a bad review.
As one of a group of people staying here for three nights, we negotiated a rate for us and our dogs verbally. That was the wrong thing to do. I will always, in the future get THAT in writing. We booked up to 15 rooms for 3 nights. When we got there the desk clerk insisted that the rate we believed that we would have "was not correct" and neither he or the manager would budge. So we agreed to a slightly higher rate and were unhappy. When we checked out, the rate was again higher on our bill and there was no negotiation at all. We are very unhappy. Our dogs are clean. They don't make a mess and require no special clean up. I imagine it cost much more to clean up after the drunk on the second floor or the hotel loses money on people who steal towels, blankets etc. - none of which we do. We are definitely going to try to find another hotel for our group for next year. BTW these people gave a really rough time to one of our group. They said that 'last year' her dog made a mess. That is ABSOLUTELY a lie. I was right there in the room across the hall. They simply had the wrong person. Our friend is a highly educated person who works for NASA, but doesn't stand up for herself. They completely took advantage of her because of her demeanor. I would not send anyone to this hotel.Next year, we will find another place to stay. BTW - the end exit door cannot be code. It requires two steps to exit and this isn't right, and the stains on the carpet in our hall have been there for at least 2 years.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank CLEWO
Reviewed 18 March 2013

First the good - the room was large, bed was comfortable and it was very clean. The breakfast was the pits. Very noisy as well. And I didn't realise that there was not an elevator and I would have to climb stairs. I am not the youngest thing and traveling by myself..that was difficult. The second thing was that there were notes everywhere - notes that the ice maker wasn't working...that the pool was closed...and a note that said "NO FOOD TO BE TAKEN OUT OF THIS AREA" - the breakfast area. Seriously - I always take my food to my room to eat. But no problem because there was no food I even wanted to eat! YUCKY all carb breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank pngbushmeri
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Stayed in Moultrie for an early morning business meeting the next day and the YMCA's great in-door lap pool here, otherwise I would not normally in as rural location. Only 3 properties in town and this one fit my purposes best. This is a newer generation Econo Lodge, which is much better than their traditional versions that I typically avoid. Big rooms and spacious bathrooms. New upscale micro/fridge. Clean & quiet. Only complaints were no in-room coffee maker and towel quality could of been better. Also breakfast choices were lacking other than waffle maker. Hard boiled eggs would have complimented well. Overall good value for the $.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank youneverknow
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My wife, small dog, and I spent a quick overnight here. This seemed to be the ONLY pet-friendly motel in Moultrie, so we had no choice and thus our expectations weren't too high. We were quite pleasantly surprised: the exterior of building is attractive and the grounds are nice, with palm trees, sagos, etc.; the rooms have been renovated recently and are bright and clean; there's a large enclosed pool and adjacent outdoor patio; breakfast was fairly standard, but included fresh fruit and cook-on-the-spot waffles, as well as a variety of cold cereals, muffins, bagels & cream cheese, along with coffee, milk, juice, etc. Most impressive were the staff, including the night desk-clerk Camila and the young man who managed the desk in the morning, both of whom were exceptionally pleasant and helpful. The AARP rate was $58.50 and the pet fee was an additional $15.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rick L
Reviewed 23 October 2012

good clean hotel especially for the price.. friendly staff pretty good breakfast, convenient location, on major road. friendly staff and very helpful, will negotiate sometimes a little on price.indoor pool but not heated, good lighted parking area.Very Quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2012

A semi-clean mediocre motel at best. The last two visits to this property there were people working on tractor trailer trucks in the parking lot. Very noisy!
Front desk staff and manager during the daytime are not friendly and look sour all day.
Night shift girl is very friendly and helpful.
Motel is a few miles from shopping and restaurants. Breakfast is OK but,for the rates charged it should be much better.Also there is no elevator and stairwell is cold and dimly lit.
Place is overdue for a good cleaning and makeover.
It is a typical Choice Hotels property.( over-priced and loaded with problems)

Room Tip: ask for a room opposite the truck stop that is located next door.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank William H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moultrie
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Moultrie
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#7 of 15 in Tifton
Hampton Inn & Suites Tifton

Been to Econo Lodge Moultrie? Share your experiences!