“It wasn't the worst hotel I have stayed at!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mount Vernon
Mt Vernon Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I recently stayed at Mount Vernon Inn and had a pleasant stay. Dish network, wifi, and refrigerator were the highlight of the trip. The location was the best part. Another hotel wasn't anywhere near Mount Vernon Inn. The closest was about an hour away on the interstate. They however didn't have a very clean bathroom or sink area. Ants crawling around in the sink and floor. I would However recommend that you stay here. The service was great and i enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2010
4  Thank Cbwalker12344321

Reviewed 19 January 2009

I was worried because of the other posting on Trip Advisor, but it really wasn't a bad room. We had business in Mt. Vernon and there is no other place to stay. The hotel looks okay from the outside. We had one of the suites with 2 beds and a couch. It was very spacious. It was very cold while we were there, and it took a long time for the room to get warm. It finally did, and it was quiet pleasant. There was mold around the ceiling in the bathroom, and the tub faucet had issues. We had to let the water run for a few minutes, because it was cloudy, but it did finally get clear. The beds were pretty comfortable. There was only coffee - no breakfast. The room seemed to be clean. We will probably have to stay there again because of our business. It wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank debcanton
Reviewed 11 September 2008

Let me start out by saying that I travel for my job and I have stayed in several questionable hotels, Mt Vernon Suite and Inns in Mt. Vernon, Ga (near Vidalia) has topped the pie!
At first glance you would think that you were staying in a quaint, charming hotel. You go into the lobby and are knocked over with the scent of curry. You must ring the bell to get helped and it takes forever for them to make it from their living space to the front desk to help you. I finally get checked in and head to my room. I open the door and surprised at the space, was pleased that I just got this "steal" for $42/night!! upon closer inspection, i find 2 huge spiders that are clearly visiable to the naked eye in the corner of the room. I freak out!! A little bit later, I had fleas jumping on me! i found 5 on me in an hour!
I get ready to go to bed and shake all my beding, just to make sure no spiders were in my bed, I can see the dust flying!! Needless to say, I had a hard time sleeping! No wonder with the fear of being bit by a spider but also b/c the mattress feels like you are sleeping on carboard.
the pillows are hard. The doors have stains on them from greasy hands and the carpet has stains. The bathroom has mold at base of tub. On top of that, when I first got there, I had NO internet service. A little later I was able to connect but with very little service!
I am a photographer and most of my jobs dont start until 2 pm the next day, so normally, if check out is at 11, they usually have no problem letting me stay a few extra hours so I am not wandering around aimlessly, wasting gas! I ask them if I can stay over a few hours until 2 pm and was told that i am allowed to stay at $5 an hour!!! So they are asking me to pay an additional $15 for 3 hours of space at a hotel that has no one here. Literally, myself and the clerks are the ONLY ones here! They tell me I must be out by 2 b/c they are renting my room out at 4 and they need time to clean.....hello??!!! are there not 30 more rooms to choose from????

I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY HERE!!!!

Mandee Smith

P.S. on the up note - the room is perfect for those that like to sleep late, it is dark and it is quiet. There is no traffic around this hotel. It is tucked nice and neat across from brewer-parker college. Mt Vernon is a charming town (small, but charming) and I thoroughly enjoyed the people I met while here on business!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank mandee34
#2 of 4 in Hazlehurst
The Onion Inn
The Onion Inn
#2 of 7 in Vidalia

Been to Mt Vernon Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!