“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aghadoe
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel. Stayed in a Junior Suite Room which was a little dated and did not have any views.
We encountered a few small problems but the staff at Aghadoe are amazing and nothing was too much trouble.
The food in restaruant and bar is excellent and the Spa is beautiful and really worth a trip.
I enjoyed stay at this hotel but was disappointed with the room as it was not 5 star quality but staff really are amazing and they go out of their way to make your holiday.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My sister, my brother in law, my husband and I stayed at the Aghadoe Heights mid August for one night on route to a wedding in Tralee. When we arrived very early we expected to be told that we would have to wait to book into our rooms- instead we were directed to the comfortable lounge for coffee and were told that our rooms would be ready by the time we had finished our coffee. The receptionist we spoke to said she would come and get us. As promised she came and told us our rooms were ready about 15 mins later.
Throughout the time we spent there our every whim was anticipated in a gentle and friendly way. I mentioned in passing that I was looking for a hairdresser and within minutes I was given serveral different options. When we asked for directions to the wedding Kevin googled and printed out directions without us asking. These are just two examples of the kind of serice you can expect from the thoughtful staff at Aghadoe.

Room Tip: Lake view room very important
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 August 2011

This was my third trip to Aghadoe - I love it more every time. The views alone are absolutely amazing but inside it just gets better. The staff couldn't be nicer. We've eaten in the lounge and the dining room and the food has always been excellent. Top marks also for the spa. Put it this way, when my fiancé and I got engaged, he told me that he made up his mind to marry me after weekend we had together at Aghadoe!

1 Thank HMC106
Louth
Reviewed 21 August 2011

The façade would put you off this hotel but one step into the reception and you are in another world. We were in a lake view room and it was out of this world. Service brilliant, surroundings excellent, location perfect, facilities top notch. Views to fill the soul. A top class spa.
The only flaw with this magnificent hotel is the price of dining. Both restaurant and bar food was much too expensive. Even a BLT sandwich came in at €12. I heard many guests discuss how expensive their meals were. It is unnecessary for any hotel to charge what Aghadoe Heights does for dinner.Luckly, there are many good restaurants in the town only 10 minutes away.

3 Thank PBMLouth
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed here for three nights with my wife and two teenage daughters as part of a mini tour of Ireland. Loved everything about the hotel. Just out of town but just a couple of minutes drive into the centre. Views of Killarney lakes from our rooms, lounge, restaurant and pool - just spectacular. Very spacious rooms with balconeys. My wife and daughters report that the spa was amongst the very best they have experienced (and they should know!). Great food and probably best of all was the service. All staff - but maybe particularly Maura in the lounge - were attentive, professional, and very friendly. They helped make this a very memorable stay - we will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
patboon
Reviewed 17 August 2011

When I saw the outside of the hotel, I got a shock as it's dated badly, but once I got in the door, I knew I had made the right choice. Friendly staff , beautiful surroundings, lovely pool, though despite signs requiring swim hats to be worn, nobody bothered except for us ,which is not great. The room was fantastic with breathtaking views and spotless. The breakfast was the best I've had in years - no bain maries here, all freshly cooked to order and the buffet was eyewatering. The children were well looked after and had a ball.
We had dinner on one evening which was faultless and the kids loved their banana splits. I am looking forward to returning.

Room Tip: Lake view room on the top floor is beautiful
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Tralee
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My family and I were in the Aghadoe heights Spa for a treatment and lunch.From the moment we arrived until we left, the service was fantastic, a great welcome, the attention to detail brilliant.We left after a good few hours of total pampering.Well done to all the staff we met and thanks again for a most enjoyable day.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aghadoe
The Europe Hotel & Resort
The Killarney Park Hotel
The Killarney Park Hotel
#3 of 38 in Killarney
Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant

Been to Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!