We stayed in Aghadoe Heights for a one night stay with dinner. It is lovely but certainly didn't have any of the extra touches that you would expect in a 5 star hotel (except the prices). We stayed in a lakeside room on the ground floor but were told we couldn't have a table and chairs to sit outside our room because a barbecue was in progress and they needed the table and chairs for them. It wasn't great seeing other people being able to sit outside when we couldn't. Our bed consisted of 2 beds pushed together and there was a cobweb in our room. The food in the restaurant is good, again not 5 star. The waiter put the top back into the wine bottle instead of leaving it open to breathe.
We used the thermal suite in the spa (25 euro extra per person) which is lovely. The room had a great view, the staff is very pleasant and helpful and the breakfast was great.
Basically it's a very good 4 star hotel with 5 star prices!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just outside Killarney town with breathtaking views of the lakes and mountains. This five star hotel is renowned for outstanding service, luxurious accommodation, award winning cuisine and for it's multiple award winning Resort Spa & therapists. Interconnecting and Family Rooms available. Guests can avail of complimentary Parking, Wifi, Daily Papers, Breakfast, Indoor Heated Pool, Gym, Media Room, Drying Room for Golfers and Fisherman, DVD Library, Tennis Courts and Shuttle Service to Killarney Town Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel And Spa
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel Killarney