“Best bed, best thai food ever” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa

Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aghadoe
Dublin, Ireland
“Best bed, best thai food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here on wet and windy Sunday night in August. We were immediately upgraded to a garden suite by a delightful receptionist. Our room was to die for and we hurried down to avail of the complimentary thermal spa. The hammam was fun and really authentic, quite like the one we visited in Istanbul recently. Utter bliss This was followed by dinner in the bar where I had the best green curry I have ever tasted, now thats saying a lot as I spent last christmas in Thailand. An extraordinary hotel staffed by extraordinary people.

Room Tip: all rooms are fabulous
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed here for just one night (unfortunately it was just one!) but had a fantastic time. The hotel is just fab, the views from the lake rooms are beautiful, the staff are right on the money, very helpful, informative, friendly and humorous but not in your face - pat on the back for them all! We had a meal in the lake restaurant, stunning views again and fab food... even the breakfast was 100%, couldn't fault it in any way and again the staff are excellent. Rooms are great, fab shower, nice toilettries. We had a swim around the pool, not very big but excellent temperature. My only grip was no access to sauna or steam room from there.... that I know of! All in all - a fab hotel and I will be back!

Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Just back from a one night stay with 3 girlfriends, we were on a getaway break, b&b, dinner and choice of facial or massage in the spa. Overall our visit was very relaxing, the amazing views really make this hotel, make sure you book a room with a balcony and a view of the lake. We had 2 adjoining rooms which was great. The room decor is a little dated and I do not think 5 star, maybe 4/4.5, should upgrade to flat screen tv's as an example. Also disappointed with Aveda products in bathroom, would have expected conditioner, I was sorry I did not bring my own products. Service in all departments was very good. The spa is lovely, my facial was very nice. A little disappointing that the pool is separate to the spa and there is no jacuzzi in the spa. Also changing room in spa is extremely small and no chair to dry your hair. Refreshments in spa were very nice and plentiful. Dinner in the restaurant was very good, we had dinner package and were able to upgrade to Al la Carte for a small supplement. We all chose from the table d'hote menu which had excellent choice. Open bar area is really nice with lovely piano music. Fabulous couches, extremely relaxing. Breakfast was a small bit disappointing would have expected better selection of cereals and breads. Overall we had a really nice time, however I do not think 5 stars are warranted, that is perfection in all areas.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank CrlnB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed in Aghadoe Heights for a one night stay with dinner. It is lovely but certainly didn't have any of the extra touches that you would expect in a 5 star hotel (except the prices). We stayed in a lakeside room on the ground floor but were told we couldn't have a table and chairs to sit outside our room because a barbecue was in progress and they needed the table and chairs for them. It wasn't great seeing other people being able to sit outside when we couldn't. Our bed consisted of 2 beds pushed together and there was a cobweb in our room. The food in the restaurant is good, again not 5 star. The waiter put the top back into the wine bottle instead of leaving it open to breathe.
We used the thermal suite in the spa (25 euro extra per person) which is lovely. The room had a great view, the staff is very pleasant and helpful and the breakfast was great.
Basically it's a very good 4 star hotel with 5 star prices!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed here for two nights in a lake view suite. Room was very nice, bright, clean, spacious and of course lovely views over the lakes. The views from the inside are definitely more impressive then those from the outside, the hotel won't win any awards for architecture beauty!

As the weather was so poor we didn't leave the hotel for the weekend but we really enjoyed just chilling out.
As a treat we had afternoon tea and spent the spent the rest of the day playing board games (large selection to choose from). Very relaxing afternoon !!!

We ate in the hotel both evenings
Food was very good and dining in the restaurant was reasonably priced.
Breakfast was excellent, good choice and freshly squeezed orange juice is always a winner!

My wife had a couple of treatments which she enjoyed, I paid a short visit to the spa but tired quickly of if (No fault of the Spa, just not my thing) and retreated to the pool for a few lenghts!

We booked at the last minute and had shopped around so we were happy to have got a good package. Not sure I would be as complementary about the experience if I had paid full price.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed 5 nights at this hotel. Stayed in a Junior Suite Room which was a little dated and did not have any views.
We encountered a few small problems but the staff at Aghadoe are amazing and nothing was too much trouble.
The food in restaruant and bar is excellent and the Spa is beautiful and really worth a trip.
I enjoyed stay at this hotel but was disappointed with the room as it was not 5 star quality but staff really are amazing and they go out of their way to make your holiday.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

My sister, my brother in law, my husband and I stayed at the Aghadoe Heights mid August for one night on route to a wedding in Tralee. When we arrived very early we expected to be told that we would have to wait to book into our rooms- instead we were directed to the comfortable lounge for coffee and were told that our rooms would be ready by the time we had finished our coffee. The receptionist we spoke to said she would come and get us. As promised she came and told us our rooms were ready about 15 mins later.
Throughout the time we spent there our every whim was anticipated in a gentle and friendly way. I mentioned in passing that I was looking for a hairdresser and within minutes I was given serveral different options. When we asked for directions to the wedding Kevin googled and printed out directions without us asking. These are just two examples of the kind of serice you can expect from the thoughtful staff at Aghadoe.

Room Tip: Lake view room very important
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aghadoe
The Europe Hotel & Resort
The Malton Hotel
The Malton Hotel
#14 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,030 reviews

Been to Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!