I spent 3 nights with my partner in Aghadoe Heights. The hotel is really warm and cosy and all the reviews about the breathtaking views are absolutely true!
We were upgraded to a junior suite on check-in which was a fantastic surprise. In the suite we had a seperate living room and dressing room which was great - the only downside of the room was the "view". We were right over the delivery area so pretty much just saw vans coming and going! The room was spotlessly clean though and the turn-down service in the evening was very welcome.
Eating at the hotel is a great experience. We had dinner in the restaurant, the bar food and breakfast and each was fantastic - great service, really good food and great atmosphere! The piano player in the bar each evening is an especially nice touch!
We didn't use the spa but did use the pool and gym each day - pool area is fantastic with great views of the lakes. The gym is small but has the main items you would generally look for in a hotel gym.
On evenings that we went into Killarney there was a free shuttle bus to bring you in which was great.
As with every hotel there are a couple of things that could be improved on. I would stress that these items are minor and didn't impact on my overall stay. I would also suspect also that if the hotel business in Ireland wasn't so poor at the moment they would have been addressed. Firstly there were was no tea/coffee facilities in the room which I would expect as standard. Also the menu's / guest information booklets etc were very dated and worn. Similarly the TV's are old and need to be replaced.
I plan to return to this hotel again and hopefully some of the small items above will be looked at over time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just outside Killarney town with breathtaking views of the lakes and mountains. This five star hotel is renowned for outstanding service, luxurious accommodation, award winning cuisine and for it's multiple award winning Resort Spa & therapists. Interconnecting and Family Rooms available. Guests can avail of complimentary Parking, Wifi, Daily Papers, Breakfast, Indoor Heated Pool, Gym, Media Room, Drying Room for Golfers and Fisherman, DVD Library, Tennis Courts and Shuttle Service to Killarney Town Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel Killarney
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel And Spa