Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Fairview(Killarney)
  • Breakfast included
1,590 results
All reviewslake roomthermal suiteterrace barstar hotelrelaxation areaheights loungekillarney lakesthe penthouseupgraded to a suitesecond to nonetop classstar servicefrom start to finishlast weekendfantastic hotelfantastic stayboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Friendly helpful staff - especially in restaurant bar & SPA. Good SPA & SPA treatments. Good breakfast.
Food poor on 2 of the 3 nights we ate there. Perhaps explains the almost empty restaurant & bar.
Refused to serve a charcuterie & cheese plate for one person which is quite astounding for any eatery that offers this as a sharing plate.
Had to request a 2nd lot of toileteries on Each of the 3 days we stayed (2 persons) & a 2nd hand towel on 2 days. These omissions could be regarded as an oversight on 1 occasion but not on 3.
Torn & frayed curtains and stained carpet in the Deluxe Suite 427.
To the receptionist at check out who said 'sorry now about the few small things' when we took a tripadvisor card from the counter, I think I should decide if they were 'small things' as I am the one paying the bill for a stay in an over-rated hotel.
I would not recommend this hotel or return to it.

Room Tip: Rooms at front have a lovely view of the lake. You have to walk the length of the corridor, passing each room, to reach the lift so this means a lot of traffic passing the rooms if you are on the lower floors particularly.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mary d
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Just a fantastic luxury hotel. We would recommend getting a lakeview hotel and the Spa is great. Service and staff are outstanding as is the food. Cannot wait to get back there. This is a great base to visit the Gap of Dunloe and McGillicuddy reeks for some breathtaking hill walking as well as Killarney town off course. The continental breakfast is out of this world but the cooked breakfast could be better (have had better in humble B&B's)

Room Tip: Go for a lakeview room 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I are dedicated fans of Aghadoe and visit whenever we can, we just love the place.
We stayed here last week, sadly only for one night this time, but with friends of ours who share a wedding anniversary with us, we couldn't think of a nicer place to go.

The staff are always brilliant but in particular Kevin in concierge was great, it was his birthday that day too and he gave us a great welcome.

Also that night after our meal we spoke to Dave who I think was the restaurant manager? He was also great, so nice and friendly after what I'm sure was a long shift and all he wanted was to get home! So thank you to both guys. We got a lovely surprise at the end of the meal when a plate of petit fours arrived with 'Happy Anniversary' written in chocolate on the plate, loved it.

There's always a bit of pressure when you rave about something to friends, that it lives up to all the hype and Aghadoe really did, they loved it as much as we do.

We were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite for our anniversary, in fact the whole package we got was amazing value, the meal was fantastic too. It really made for a special anniversary and we loved it.

We will definitely be back and I'm looking forward to it already! I just can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room when possible
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank penfold_04
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Second stay here of late. First was very good.

Spas are one thing but remember a 5 star must have a great standard overall.
The Heights at present definetly deserves a 4 star rating.

This stay we were given a very poor room. Package priced but a 5 star hotel has no bad rooms.
Ripped curtains, coffee table was in poor state, guest book in dire need of replacement, and more besides. Manageress came to sort out but insisted facilities were adequate.
Asked for a new room and was charged 50 extra. We paid to avoid further hassle.

New room was 5 star standard. Hotel stay was fine but manageress' attitude was very poor towards us indeed. Very patronising - I should note that staff were using the penthouse
it seems it has not been used in a while:)

Stay here if you like but ask to see your room first if you have paid for a junior suite.
Demand what you are paying for. The Brehon and Park hotel are also recommended.

Room Tip: Ask to see your junior suite first before taking it. Demand a better one if not satisfied.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank F P
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My Spa experience was just wonderful. It was my first time going alone so was a bit apprehensive but there was no need. I was put at ease the minute I opened the door into the Spa. I have visited a few spa's but this stands out for all the right reasons. Rita was my therapist and she was fantastic. She read me very well and at times chatted easily and at other stages, quiet/silently working away. She imparted loads of knowledge, helpful advice, tools for the outside world.
My time began with time in their thermal
suite with surging tropical aroma showers and dry and wet
heated chambers.,while it was very relaxing and had a selection on offer...a lot of them included dry heat, just a personal choice...it doesn't suit me.The variety of showers complimented the thermal suites.
Then I floated into the next part of my day...top to toe organic indulgence...it was exactly that. Much later I transended into the relaxation area...where I snoozed away while listening to the ipod..individual ipods at every station with very well chosen music downloaded.
Now...that was all perfect but just a couple of observations....the changing rooms have no individual changing booths/areas...a small room.. BUT maybe they have their timing schedule so well organised that there is never more than 1-2 ppl there at any one time??? There is some noise (from the reception area) while in the relaxation suite so do wear your headset...to drown that out.
Would I go back again..absolutely certainly...I actually had a gift voucher which was being used for the last 4 yrs and there was no quibble/no questioning. The entire experience was most deffo 5 star plus

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple