“Relaxing winter break”

Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Aghadoe
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We booked a weekend at the beginning of February to recover from a very busy January. It was comfortable and relaxed. We spent a very wet day relaxing in the very cozy spa. Service and good were excellent. Plenty of good walking around. Awesome views of lakes and mountains. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I decided that I wanted to do something a little bit different for my hen party and when I heard about the Penthouse Suite in the Aghadoe hotel I just knew that it would be perfect! There were 12 of us booked into the hotel with 4 of us staying in the penthouse and everyone of us thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. It really was top class. The penthouse is really beautiful and the view is amazing. We were served dinner in the penthouse and the food was beautiful. The service was excellent (special mention to Stephen) and the attention to detail on all aspects of the weekend was very impressive. Marie Janot organised all aspects of the weekend for me. She was fantastic to deal with and she really made the whole event really easy (and stress free!) to organise. All of my additional party staying in the hotel were upgraded to suites which was a really nice touch!
We made some last minute accommodation changes and these were not a problem for the hotel at all.

I really cannot say enough about the whole experience and would definitely recommend it for any occasion that you want to make that extra bit special. Looking forward to going back already!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank GilliOut
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at aghadoe , and I have to say we were very happy with the hotel overall , excellent staff , and the room overlooking the lakes was spacious , clean and modern , contrary to some other comments of other reviewers of this hotel . I will concede that the pool is a little small for such a plush hotel , but still bright and clean . The thermal suite is a lovely spot to relax in , worth the visit , we will be back !!!!

Room Tip: Ask for lake view , with balcony
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had the opportunity to work with the Team at Aghadoe Heights to arrange a wedding on behalf of clients. We met with the Wedding Co-ordinator in November and the wedding was held in January. A short time-frame but with the assistance of Marie Janot, it was one of the most beautiful weddings I have been involved with. The Management agreed to keep up the Christmas decorations which was very much appreciated and added to the charm of the Hotel. We had a lovely buffet dinner in the bar on Saturday night for the family. Then on Sunday, guests had the opportunity to relax, enjoy SPA treatments, the Vitality Suite and many of the female guests had their hair done. Others simply relaxed and enjoyed the magnificent views. At 4.00pm, the photographer was on-site to take the family photographs in the magnificent Penthouse Suite. The Humanist Ceremony was held in the Garden Room. Drinks followed in the Terrace Bar and Lobby. Then guests were lead to the Lake Room for a sumptuous Buffet Dinner followed by dancing in the Heights Lounge. The selection and quality of the food was excellent and contrary to other buffets, the food was still piping hot when it reached the table. I have to say that the Hotel are blessed with such friendly, pleasant and willing staff. This is what made the event even more special and this is also a very good reflection on Management. Their wedding co-ordinator, Marie Janot was a pleasure to work with from our first meeting to the end of the event and was on-site throughout our stay to ensure that every aspect of the wedding was a huge success. Marie is a true professional. When I departed the Hotel on Monday afternoon, the bride and groom were enjoying Champagne in the outdoor hot tub of the Penthouse Suite. What a lovely start to their wedded bliss.

Room Tip: I had the pleasure of staying in the Aghadoe Suite and it was exceptional. I also viewed the other s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last weekend and was very disappointed with the hotel. Rooms are in poor condition and in dire need of improvement. The pool is very small and dated (pictures on web site are deceptive).
When we complained about the standard of our room the manager was very polite and changed our room.

However when I phoned the hotel to ask them if they could post on swim wear we had left in our room I was told repeatedly that they had a very efficient system for left property . Unfortunately all evidence points to the contrary as our swim wear has disappeared.

The vitality suit in the spa is lovely and worth using if its complementary as it was for our stay. I would not pay to use it.

It must be said that I would give the restraunt a five star rating. The food and service were fantastic. I don't intend on staying the heights again but i would eat in the restraunt. I wouldn't recommend this hotel but if you do decide to stay here be very clear about then standard of room you expect.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TFCork
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel several times so know it quite well. Despite the reviews on staff friendliness etc, this should be the case in any 5star establishment.
You cannot mask the issue with the rooms with are in urgent need of a revamp. Money needs to be spent on the pool and other areas also.
Too many other options available, this hotel cannot compete at a 5 star level with these prehistoric rooms and lack of investment.

Try Killarney Park and Europe Hotel.

Pat

Stayed: November 2556
2  Thank Paddy C
Reviewed 21 January 2014

On a recent visit to this "5" star hotel for a social gathering with friends. Situated overlooking the beautiful Lakes of Killarney this hotel certainly has 5 star views, but the stars stop there. The casual approach by staff certainly lets down the 5 star status of this hotel, among several disappointments during the evening the main issue was the food, 2 people in the party ordered steak and both arrived lukewarm and certainly not cooked as per requested Medium Rare & Medium Well, we can ordered the extra sides or Portobello mushrooms & Saute Potatoes, what was presented was button mushrooms and burnt saute potatoes, ( see the image attached ) along with burnt tomato as a garnish. From observation it seems the staff are local, some lacking skills and forget, a 5 star hotel, that charges customers 5 star prices, equally requires 5 star service, 5 star food, 5 star experience. On previous visits to the hotel for lunch with work colleagues food arrived cool, under cooked, very disappointing.
If you looking for a 5 star experience don't waste your money here. On a positive note the pianist was excellent and the selection of music was enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank CKM1234
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aghadoe
The Europe Hotel & Resort
#2 of 39 in Killarney
The Malton Hotel
The Malton Hotel
#16 of 39 in Killarney

Been to Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!