Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Fairview(Killarney)
  • Breakfast included
1,590 results
All reviewslake roomthermal suiteterrace barstar hotelrelaxation areaheights loungekillarney lakesthe penthouseupgraded to a suitesecond to nonetop classstar servicefrom start to finishlast weekendfantastic hotelfantastic stayboth nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Both of us had a wonderful stay in the Aghadoe Heights Hotel. It was our second stay there. We highly recommend it. The staff are friendly and chatty and couldn’t do enough for us.
We had a fine big bedroom, plenty of space, although for a 5 star hotel we were surprised that there were no tea/coffee making facilities.
The dining is excellent, with a good menu choice, and attentive waiter service. The view from the restaurant out over the lakes of Killarney is stunning.
However the prices can be a bit confusing. Afternoon tea is quoted at one price in the lounge, and quoted at a lower price in the bedroom information book. Furthermore we discovered that the price for dinner quoted when we booked our break was a higher price to that quoted when we arrived.
Overall we would highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Look for a room not on the ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seamus O
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Its not often that I am sad to leave but the service, setting and the people are what make this an amazing place to stay especially if you have a lake view.

The spa is excellent, as are the walking trails and the food. Top tip try the restaurant (Rozzers) at Killen House Hotel its amazing.

Room Tip: We booked a lake view suite. There are two rooms on each floor (6 in total) which are larger than the other suites. Ask for the rooms on level 3 & 4 rooms 351, 353, 451, 453
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 17FW123
Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you are looking for THE MOST excellent service in a Killarney Hotel - look no further than the Aghadoe Heights Resort and Spa. As a native New Yorker, It takes a superlative effort to impress me. I have never in my life been at a loss for words to describe a truly unique, superlative and utterly PERFECT holiday but my recent stay at the Aghadoe SURPASSED every idea I have aver had about the PERFECT hotel- in every imaginable way.
Extremely well done Agadhoe - congratulations!

Room Tip: personally I liked my room on the first floor - everytime I opened the door the LOVELY scents from the Spa greeted me!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jagette
Reviewed 29 April 2014

On approach to the Heights, you could be forgiven for thinking you were returning to Primary school, circa. 1972. Unquestionably, the exterior of the hotel is a little dated and this was replicated in our room (Lake View Suite) where it appeared that the previous guest had been Edward Scissorhands. We're not quite sure how the curtains and bed throw had managed to become so torn but this was quite surprising given that the rest of the hotel is in outstanding order.

The lasting impression of the Heights however (besides the phenomenal views) is of the outstanding level of care afforded to guests by the superb staff. Special mention must go to the concierge Kevin who was an invaluable source of knowledge and ideas for ways to fill the day.

All the staff from front end through to the restaurants and down in the Spa were at pains to ensure the standard of service was never short of exemplary and are a credit to the hotel and to the region.

The Spa also is fabulous. Often one enters the hotel 'spa' only to find that it consists only of a few scattered tea lights and mildly irritating music. The Spa at Aghadoe is superb however. The treatments, while generally a little pricey are fantastic and the thermal suite and relaxation area is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon.

The Lake Room restaurant again is staffed by truly generous individuals who appreciate efficient, but never over bearing service. The food was excellent also in the evenings and the breakfasts more than ample for fuelling a day of high shenanigans in the National Park.

My partner, Aine treated myself to a stay here for two nights (26/27 Apr 2014) as part of my birthday celebrations. A wonderful weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lavoren
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I travel all over the world on business, and I must say that one of the most important criteria for me, is a simple to use and efficient WIFI service, available all over the hotel. Well the Aghadoe has invested heavily in this particular service and it is superb, without exception.

I found myself in County Kerry, visiting the nearby towns of Killorglin and Killarney.

Arriving on the new Ryan Air twice weekly direct flight from Alicante, the flight was a simple 2.5 hours, as opposed to the previous flights from southern Spain that all had to be via Dublin, with usually a considerable delay between connecting flights.

Kerry Airport is one of the smallest international airports I have used and is relatively unchanged since my previous visit seven years ago. The only noticeable change is the car hire suppliers have been moved to the long stay car park, nearby. I rented my Nissan Micra from Tipoa Car Hire (as usual) online and got the cheapest deal I could find. The rental car offices at this airport open strange hours, so be sure to check with Tipoa the precise opening hours, especially at weekends.

The Aghadoe Heights Hotel occupies a unique hillside location with open unrestricted views over the Killarney National Park.

If you are able to request a Lake View then do so, it is by far the best side of the hotel.

The room I occupied for five nights, was a standard lake view twin room. It was more than adequate, with a large window, to enjoy the mystic scenery.

The staff are extremely attentive, but mot too much and well trained.

The managers Mary O´Connor and her evening counterpart in particular David O´Brien were superb in the extreme. No request was too much trouble.

Gerr the Restaurant manager was knowledgable on his extensive wine cellar.

It was a busy Easter weekend and the entire place had a feel good factor to it. There was even a wedding on the Thursday.

The Aghadoe has a breathtaking penthouse suite, which rents out at €2,500 per night, and is highly recommended for business meetings and corporate entertainment.

The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to the airport and to the town of Killarney.

There were a few minor disappoints / mistakes that I encountered. The MEDIA area where the hotel provides computers to surf the web and printers is well outdated and very difficult and time consuming to use. Also, in the public toilet areas, the hotel is so keen to save on energy that the light movement sensor that switches on the lights, switches off again soon thereafter. If you find yourself in these toilets during the evening and you are in a cubicle, you will be plunged into darkness, with no way of seeing your way out, as there is no light switch inside a cubicle.

The entertainment in the bar is very boring indeed, with a choice of 3 piano players all of which play without a break between tunes, and has little to no charisma . When the piano playing stops, no background music is played sometimes. Smokers are allowed the use all of the balconies which are directly accessed from the restaurant / bar area, and for non smokers thats not ideal.

Nearby is the other 5star hotel that was also recommended, the Europe Hotel which also has a superb location on the side of the Killarney Lake. Clearly many millions of euros have been spent on this hotel and the results are breathtaking and spectacular. However it has the feel of a large hospital when inside and very impersonal. I much prefer the friendly and somewhat informal approach of the Aghadoe.

If you are going to Kerry on business in particular and need a reliable fast uncomplicated internet connection all over the hotel and grounds, then the Aghadoe fits the bill.

The food menus are varied and the burger is highly recommended and is 100% real meat, as are the sausages & puddings at breakfast, all supplied by the new innoviate Sásta Food Company in nearby Cromane.

The whole area is stepped in history and opposite the hotel on a ridge overlooking Killarney and Ross Castle is the ruins of the old Aghadoe Abbey. Well worth a visit.

I will return!

Room Tip: Lake Room or the Suites which double as family rooms and of course the extravagant penthouse sweet if you are out to impress.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business