Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
US$188
US$157
US$282
US$275
Killarney Court Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$175
Brook Lodge Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$211
Hotels.com
Eviston House Hotel(Killarney)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$182
US$204
US$188
1,605 results
All reviewslake roomthermal suiteterrace barstar hotelrelaxation areaheights loungekillarney lakesthe penthouseupgraded to a suitesecond to nonetop classstar servicefrom start to finishlast weekendfantastic hotelfantastic stayboth nights
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel overlooking lovely lakes of Killarney. Modern decor. Our room was large with a sitting area and king bed that faced the lake - just gorgeous. I did see that some rooms faced the other side - which wasn't much to look at. Great little bar and restaurant on site. Food was very good and continental breakfast buffet was well-stocked. Staff was attentive and friendly.

A couple ticky things that were a bit of an annoyance. We borrowed a couple DVD movies from the hotel collection, but the Bose sound system in the room didn't play the movie audio. Another little thing - I had a spa appointment and after I checked in I went to relax in the waiting area, which has these ultra modern very cool heated seats. I ended up falling asleep and woke up 20 minutes after my appointment time and freaked out a little. Turns out they forgot to come get me. Not a big deal but not a perfect experience either.

Overall a great modern luxury hotel close to Killarney.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Killarney is possibly one of Ireland's top tourist destinations and requires a minimum stay of 2-3 days to take it in. The town and surrounding areas has a wide range of accommodation and eateries - most are pricey. Money-wise therefore, it's best to budget for a stay similar to that in any of the world's best top tourist hubs such as London, New York ... etc. So, while €250 per night for a suite in a 5 star hotel in high season seems expensive compared to other less popular destinations, you actually get what you pay here and it is well worth it.

The town itself is worth a look but the best attraction in Killarney is the many side trips that are available, especially with a car around the various headlands and lakes. To this end, it is marvelous to return in the evening to a hotel that is indeed the complete package. The staff are attentive, the food is superb and the location on a hill high above the lakes is tranquil and very scenic.

We enjoyed the genuine hospitality and food on both nights in the piano bar. The fish and chips and the Indian curry were absolutely delicious and were reasonably priced considering the location and the quality. In the mornings we had the best breakfasts ever in any hotel. The eggs benedict are out of this world.

On a down-side, the outside of the building is off-putting and could not be described as 5 star. However, given the battering that it gets from the elements, it is just a poor design for an exterior. Once inside, this is quickly forgotten and the 5 star magic takes over. We enjoyed the trip and would highly recommend the hotel to anyone. On a low to average budget it could not be considered as a good value option. However, it is sold as a quality experience and it certainly delivers this on all levels.

It was an absolute pleasure to stay here. Thank you to all involved. Well done.

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms are at the back. They overlook a pleasant garden but they do not avail of the world-class views over the lakes. This could be important and could lead to disappointment. Check before you book.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I were one of the 400,000 ticket holders left at a loose end after the fiasco of the Garth Brooks concerts and we decided to use the refunded ticket money to pamper ourselves with a last minute luxury break. I should say at this point that I am not a fan of Mr Brooks, I was going merely to please the other half so it's fair to say that any alternative to that date was going to be a hit with me but... we couldn't have chosen a better place to spend that refund! We booked a more expensive garden view superior room.. I have to say I don't think that I would spend the extra again... other than the views, which admittedly were spectacular, I can't imagine that it's much better than the regular rooms. Having said that they were well proportioned, spotlessly clean as you would expect, and the bathroom was very modern with lots of luxury toiletries and a good powerful shower. Breakfast was delicious, and the room service waiter brought it in and laid the table for us so that we could eat while enjoying the view. The only downside was the outside of the building which we could see while enjoying our breakfast was a bit shabby, with peeling paint.
The previous evening we decided to stay close at the hotel and we spent it in the Terrace Bar. Drinks were very reasonably priced for a 5 star hotel and a special mention goes to Tommy who was so friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and he really made our night. Have to mention Maeve too who was also so smiley and friendly.

We also visited the spa. My only disappointment was because we left it so late to book, we couldn't get the appointment on the day we arrived so had to book early the following day, which made it a bit rushed as we had to check out. I see that one reviewer was disappointed with the spa - I wouldn't share that view. I personally thought it was fabulous. Very relaxing and modern and we were lucky enough to have the thermal suite almost to ourselves. Admittedly I don't often frequent 5 star spas so maybe I am easily pleased but we really enjoyed it and our treatment. The pool isn't accessible directly from the spa and this might have been more of an issue for us if we had more time.
Unfortunately we just didn't have enough time here, we will definitely be making a return visit in the future! And would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_O1708
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in July the hotel is fabulous the food was perfect but the customer service is very poor waiting 10 to 15 mins for a drink to arrive to your table never offered a refill of hot coffee at breakfast very slow to clear off tables in the bar the gentleman with the beard in the restaurant was probably the rudest man working there behaved as if he couldn't even see us at the table the poor standard of service would not impress me to return the hotel ladies were do pleasant nothing was a problem and also the cleaning ladies were spot on at there job . Overall they need todo some serious work on there customer service skills.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Cutche
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Overall location good with nice scenic view. Second visit to spa in last few years not 5 star standard thermal suite very basic with a lot room for improvement in comparison to other 5 star spa hotels, no access to pool from spa is very disappointing. Had lunch included menu basic price doesn't reflect quantity. Few prawns and salad (leaves) 15 euro, given side plate for bread never got same. Overall table service very below standard for hotel. Been our second visit this year and feel at this stage I'm done with this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends