The hotel was industrial-looking on the outside, but very elegant and modern on the inside. We were upgraded to a suite on the 3rd floor and it was fantastic. It was huge, clean, modern, with a nice, flat-screen TV, and huge, spa-bathroom.
The hotel itself had a nice restaurant which was very expensive.
The gym was tiny - with 3 pieces of cardio equipment and nothing more than a set of free weights; hardly the spa gyms one is used to in the U.S. The spa, too, did not cut it, from a U.S. spa-goer's perspective.
The breakfast was good, fresh, but having "free breakfast" when you're paying such a hefty nightly rate doesn't feel like such a boon.
The hotel staff at the front desk were rude, snippy, and unhelpful.
Lastly, there were loud kids everywhere - in the restaurant, in the hallways - - everywhere!
This place is insanely expensive so, unless money is of no moment to you, go elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just outside Killarney town with breathtaking views of the lakes and mountains. This five star hotel is renowned for outstanding service, luxurious accommodation, award winning cuisine and for it's multiple award winning Resort Spa & therapists. Interconnecting and Family Rooms available. Guests can avail of complimentary Parking, Wifi, Daily Papers, Breakfast, Indoor Heated Pool, Gym, Media Room, Drying Room for Golfers and Fisherman, DVD Library, Tennis Courts and Shuttle Service to Killarney Town Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel And Spa
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel Killarney