I was here for a two night getaway with my partner, I had stayed in the hotel twice before so I knew what to expect. The lady who checked us is in was very friendly but landed me in it by welcoming me back when I had told my new lady friend that it was my "first time"!!
Anyway prior to arrival I had called the hotel to insure I had a good room. I inquired and agreed the price for double upgrade as to insure a good view and nice room.
I was annoyed when the room was on the wrong side of the hotel re view and the only thing that made the room any different to the regular room was a small wall dividing the storage and the door. Having previously staying in a regular room I felt ripped off. Serves me right for not just leaving well enough alone and just taking my chances.
I did mention it to reception on the way out and they insisted in giving me 30 euro. The upgrade cost 120. On Friday we dined in the restaurant. We arrived to a restaurant empty but for one table. Another couple. Our waiter sits us next to them. No music playing it was very awkward and uncomfortable. I would expect this maybe in a bistro style place or waggamamma but in a five star you would expect a higher attention to the finer details. The meal was very nice the desserts lovely. Five courses. I had the duck for my main dish which the waiter told me "chef cooks med rare". I had expected this as the last time I had dined my lady friend of the day when informed of this asked could she have it med well and waiter said no!!! So this time I did as I was told. Good thing I'm not as fussy as chef because he would have had two of his dishes sent back. The plate was cold for my main didn't really effect the dish but if I was being cheffie about it would have went back.
So all in all I still love this place we went to the thermal spa the next morning after our breakfast in bed. You can walk around the hotel in your robe and slippers it very chilled.
The view when you have one is amazing and the staff are great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just outside Killarney town with breathtaking views of the lakes and mountains. This five star hotel is renowned for outstanding service, luxurious accommodation, award winning cuisine and for it's multiple award winning Resort Spa & therapists. Interconnecting and Family Rooms available. Guests can avail of complimentary Parking, Wifi, Daily Papers, Breakfast, Indoor Heated Pool, Gym, Media Room, Drying Room for Golfers and Fisherman, DVD Library, Tennis Courts and Shuttle Service to Killarney Town Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel Killarney
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel And Spa