Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
The Dunloe(Beaufort)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsgolf ballsmichael geraldinethe pubtee timesgolf triprack of lambgreat golfchampionship roomring of kerryirish hospitalityhome away from homethe entire staffkillarney areagracious hostswater pressurehighlight of our tripour entire trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 August 2012

What a great experience. took a group of 8 golfers and we spent 4 nights with Michael, Geraldine and their staff. Everything was perfect, rooms, food, bar all #1. But, the bigger deal is how they treat you, just like good family coming home for a few days. We will be back.

Room Tip: They are all great
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
MplusG, Owner at Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Hi and thank you very much for the super review here on Trip Advisor - we really do appreciate it

What we absolutely love to see on any review is the last four words you wrote...."We will be back"

That is without doubt the best thanks or the best compliment we can get from any guest!

We're delighted the trip went off so well for you and that the weather do not take too much from your enjoyment of the vacation, and the soft, gentle and easy golf courses you were playing.....!?!?

Thanks again and all the best to you and all the guys. Michael & Geraldine

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I am writing this knowing that it is a bit of a futile exercise because nothing can be said about the Killeen House that hasn't been articulated before. However, since I just returned from Ireland with my wife, two children and near eighty-year old father I certainly feel that I have a debt to pay to this wonderful establishment.

We chose to stay in Killarney because of the wonderful national park, the great town & easy access to day trips in the Southwest region. In addition, it put us within one half hour of close relations that we would be seeing during the week. Like many of you reading this, I use TripAdvisor as a resource to travel and I have to say it has never steered me wrong.

Upon arriving at the Killeen House we were blown away by the view of some Kerry mountains in the park-I can't recall seeing it on the website but it was a pleasant surprise that we enjoyed everyday. The owners of this house (Geraldine and Michael) are very professional, obviously intelligent and incredibly nice folks that make you feel welcome and absolutely at home for the duration of your stay. From day one my father was patting me on the back for finding such a great place with such nice people! Marguerite (sorry if this is spelled wrong) at breakfast, and Ciara were great ladies that took great care of us. Also, the "jack of all trades" and bartender Gavin was a super host that made my family very comfortable for our stay - all the way up to serving us "to go" coffee at our 5AM departure to the airport!

The huge amount of overwhelmingly positive reviews in TripAdvisor are spot on in the case of the Killeen House. If you want to have some wonderful memories of the most beautiful place in the world, Killarney's Killeen House is a no-miss prospect. I'm depressed for my kids as they have to go back to school in a week, however I'm elated that they are still on cloud nine from our time in Killarney-thank you Geraldine and Michael! We will return!

1  Thank mj_tarrant
MplusG, Owner at Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2012

Hi Mike and a million thanks for the stunning review - we really appreciate it!

Glad you're all safely landed back home to reality in NY, hopefully enriched with a load of happy family memories

It was a pleasure to look after you all, especially your Dad, for whom it was more of a pilgrimage than a vacation. We can only imagine the memories and emotions that the trip must have brought back to him.....

Here in the Killeen House we feel that there are three Ps that have to come together to make for a great holiday - the People, the Place and the Pace. We like to think we have them all in abundance - and we're delighted that you seem to agree with us!

Thanks again Mike and we look forward to welcoming back Clan Tarrant to the Killeen House at some future stage

All the very best to everyone. Michael & Geraldine

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We have just had another wonderful stay at the Killeen House. Our family nearly took over the place, booking 7 rooms, all of them perfect. Michael and Geraldine were so warm and welcoming, treating us like old friends and even organizing a special birthday surprise for my husband and a lovely toast to my mother-in-law.
Damien's exuberance and desire to help was amazing. Kiera, Karin and Marguerite couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. Gavin's expertise as a barman was truly appreciated, as we spent a lot of quality time in the cozy bar. He greeted us as we returned from touring each day with a smile and an offer of tea or something stronger and even woke up in the wee hours of the morning to provide us with breakfast before our 5:00 AM departure for the airport. It was as if there were 87 Gavins instead of just the one.
Michael and Geraldine have reason to be proud of themselves, their staff and their sweet little hotel. They say "If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough." I think if you're lucky enough to stay at the Killeen House, you're lucky enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
MplusG, Owner at Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

What an absolutely fantastic review Eileen - thank you very much for going to all that trouble, we truly appreciate it

You and your whole family are the ideal guests for anyone to look after, because simply put, you are all genuinely NICE people, and how you treat others is how others will treat you. Even the very fact that in this review you named all the out front staff who looked after you speaks to the type of guest that you are. But please, spare us the thought of there being 87 Gavins - we have enough difficulty in keeping just one Gavin under control.....!

Thank you again so much for this review and we hope that whenever your family congregates at Thanksgiving or family events, that the Killeen House might get a little mention...

All the best of everything to each and every one of you. Michael & Geraldine

Reviewed 22 August 2012

My husband and teenage daughter just spent 5 wonderful nights at the Killen House. The standard for us had been set fairly high as we had just come from two of Ireland's " Blue Book " properties ( Ballymaloe and Ballyvalone houses) and we had been thoroughly spoiled as a consequence. Michael and Geraldine, however, went above and beyond all expectations when it came to personal service. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The hotel is charming- loaction was one of the best attributes as it just far away enough from Killarney to get a country feel but close enough ( 10 minutes) for quick trips into town. And Killarney is hectic , jammed with tourists. The staff ( Damien, Gavin, Margaret , Karen and Kiera) went out of their way to take care of any request - tourist information, directions , laundry, local knowledge or just pleasant conversation. The owner himself offered our daughter a ride to town in lieu of a cab fare. Indeed , we felt totally at home and at ease as compared to the somewhat cool welcome and attitude we received at the more "elitist" establishments mentioned above. A great example is the fact that we stayed during the Olympics and PGA championships- many of the guests and staff would gather in the drawing room to watch the Irish competitors and cheer them on in the drawing room. Of course , the hotel caters to golfers and Michael was extremely helpful with tee times and local golf knowledge but there were plenty of non- golfers staying at the property as well.
I would be remiss if I failed to mention the food- we ate at the best restaurants in Ireland during our 18 day trip and the Killeen House stands right at the top. The food and service were sensational.

Room Tip: The only minor negative about the rooms are the heavy doors that are very loud when they shut so be prepared for that noise.The daytime/ evening traffic noise from the road was a bit loud but it quieted down consderably after 10pm. There were no robes and that would have been very nice as we were traveling light.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Hello to the Monaghans and thank you all so much for the sparkling review here on Trip Advisor - we really and truly do appreciate it

It's high praise indeed to be mentioned in the same context as the two properties you stayed in prior to arriving into us here in the Killeen House. They are exceptional and high profile places that enjoy an international reputation for what they do.

We on the other hand are operating on a somewhat smaller scale and simpler level. All we strive to deliver for our guests is good food, god friendship and good water pressure.....!

And a special thank you for highlighting the quality of our food. Our Head Chef Paul, who has been with us for about 15 years now, is in our opinion as good as it gets when it come to knowing how to satisfy our guests. (even better - he's a really nice guy, which is not always the case with top class chef types....!)

Thank you all again for the wonderful review, and please feel free to tell all your friends in Colorado about this nice little place in the South-west of Ireland that you recently discovered....! (Tell them too that there's other types of golf that are a small bit of a contrast to desert golf). Michael & Geraldine

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Where do I begin? My stay at the Killeen House Hotel was one of the highlights of my trip to Ireland. At first, I was skeptical because it is not walking distance to the city center and I did not have a car. However, it worked out very well for me and it was not an issue at all. The owners, Geraldine and Michael, go above and beyond to help you out in any way they can. At one point, I was not feeling well from a bad cold and Michael drove me to the pharmacy himself. They also took me to the bus station the day of my departure. The service was impeccable and every member of their staff made sure you were comfortable and well looked after. The property itself is simply gorgeous and the grounds are just lovely! It truly is a hidden gem/oasis just minutes from Killarney's bustling town center. It was a blissful respite after arriving into town and not feeling very well. They even brought a "hot whiskey" to my room upon arrival. (It's an old Irish remedy for a sore throat/cough) You have everything you need on the property...a cozy bar (with self-service beer on tap!) and one of the best restaurants in Ireland (deserves a review of it's own!) My room was large, airy, clean and the beds extremely comfortable. The best part was the awesome water pressure in the bathroom! Moreover, my experience at the Killeen house is one I will not soon forget. Geraldine, Michael and the rest of the staff really do spoil you and I can't wait to go back one day! Thank you for making my stay so memorable! :-)
~Elizabeth~

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank kbgirl21

Hi Elizabeth.

A million thanks for the wonderful review here on Trip Advisor - we are really thankful to you

It was a pleasure looking after you during the Killarney part of your trip and we hope the rest of it went off just as well for you. As a solo lady traveller to Ireland, who was using only public transport, we are really happy that you enjoyed yourself so much, because it goes to show what a warm and friendly - and of course, very safe - country we have for all our overseas tourists

And we're glad that your little malady didn't stop you from getting out and about and having a great time both downtown and in the National Park - that hot whiskey is mighty stuff as we say over here....!

Thank you again Elizabeth and hopefully we will see you back again in the Killeen House at some future stage, this time maybe with your Mom and the kids accompanying you....!

PS Thank you also for posting the pictures - they're great and really add to a review.

Michael & Geraldine