1,069 results
All reviews golf balls the pub michael geraldine tee times championship room rack of lamb golf trip ring of kerry great golf chateaubriand irish hospitality the entire staff home away from home killarney area gracious hosts seafood chowder highlight of our trip
Reviewed 18 December 2009

I really cannot say enough about Killeen House. The staff are wonderful, all of them. You will truly feel at home and it is such a gorgeous part of the country. They have an amazing way of making you feel like you have been there forever, if not as if you are family... important family, and meeting your every need. We had a wonderful time and of all of the places we stayed during our three week tour Killeen House rates at the very top. I would not hesitate to go again. And again. And again. Michael managed to book us all in one room (as I had requested), and with two teenaged boys we still had room to spread out and be comfortable. The restaurant was great and the pub was too. If you need help with anything in the area they will help, so very graciously as well. Charlie is a wonder, indeed the whole staff is superb. Even housekeeping wished us a safe journey and a speedy return. I loved the whole experience. And the location is perfect for so much! We toured the Ring of Kerry, my husband and boys golfed (while I slept in and enjoyed a lovely breakfast in my room), and there is so much else you can reach from there. I could have stayed weeks. An absolute delight. Book it, go, trust me! You will leave wanting only to return and feeling like you have made wonderful friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank kcd_CA_Mom
Reviewed 18 December 2009

Second visit for my wife and I. Brought another couple with us this time. Probably the most relaxing hotel in the world. Michael and Geraldine are extrodinary hosts. The restaurant has to one of the best in Ireland and seems to keep getting better. Must be a mecca for serious golfers. Surrounding area is possibly of the most beautiful in Ireland. Just a wonderfully comfortable place to spend a few days.
Marv and Debbie Thornton---Scottesville, VA USA

Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank marvScottsville_VA
Reviewed 28 November 2009

We spent 3 nights at this friendly and inviting country inn. Michael and Gerry, along with their kind "staff", make you feel like you are part of their family. They enjoy what they do and sincerely wanted to make our stay relaxing and memorable. Can't say enough about the hospitality. Don't bother going out for dinner - We have world class restaurants in New York and I would put the restaurant at the Killeen House up against any of them. We ate breakfast and dinner all three nights - no need to go elsewhere. We can't wait to return.
Heidi / Bill - New York

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachPartyNewYork
Reviewed 26 November 2009

We stayed at the Killeen hotel last july (2009) and enjoyed it a lot. The house is really beautiful and feels like the dream house you always wanted for yourself.
Each member of the staff seems to know your name from the moment you arrive.
The owners are really nice and come to see you everyday to make sure you're happy. I was pregnant at the time so they upgraded us to a bigger room once they had one available. Before we left on our last day; they gave us very good advise on what road to take.
The best thing in this hotel is the breakfast. Expect a variety of options that are really tasty and served with class!!
I can't speak highly enough of this place. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Killarney.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeannedel
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We visited at the end of September on our first trip to Ireland. The service and hospitality was extraordinary. We arrived to a friendly welcome and were guided to our spacious, clean and comfortable room. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of. We were even given a "hands on" lesson on how to pour a proper Guiness in the small but cozy bar. The food was excellent and probably the best we had on our 10 day tour from Dublin to Shannon. The best was when the chef made my wife her own personal sticky toffee pudding when it wasn't on the menu. Great customer service!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple