“A wonderful little hotel attached to my favorite restaurant in the world!”

Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Aghadoe
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I've been having dinner at the Killeen House during annual trips to Killarney for the last 14 years, and I have to say it is the most consistently excellent place in Ireland. I look forward to my meals here all year long, which makes it my favorite restaurant in the world. Geraldine and Michael (the owners) are present and attend to every guest as they would to someone in their own home. They bring you menus in the bar, take your order there, and bring you to your table when your food is ready. You hardly want to leave the bar because in the bar you meet all the other guests who happen to be there at the same time. It's intimate, and the service is superior to all others around.

This year I was lucky enough to stay in the hotel for two nights for the first time. The room was luxurious with the perfect pillows, black-out curtains for daytime napping, flat screen tv, deep tub for a nice bath, and fluffy towels. Without prior warning, Geraldine arranged a coach & tickets for a day trip for my friend and I in the Gap of Dunloe all while we had breakfast.

This would be a wonderful place for a honeymoon, for friends who have rented a car and want to take day trips around the Kingdom of Kerry, and of course for the Killeen's usual groups of golfers.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 April 2010

Could not recommend this wonderful hotel highly enough. Stayed here for two nights, but wished we could have stayed for more. We loved everything about this hotel - the welcome given to us by Michael and Geraldine (the owners), the fabulous food in Rozzers restaurant, the friendliness of all staff we came in contact with - all of this made our short stay a most enjoyable one. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2010

A wonderful warm welcome. I stopped there on a whim, as it looked so lovely. I had a wonderful meal and a good night's sleep. There is a great little bar, where I had some nice chats with newly weds and locals. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank TobiTobi
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Kileen House was definitely the best place we stayed while in Ireland. The service was amazing, the room was great, and the bar downstairs was the best. We learned how to pull the proper pint, received a special Anniversary Dessert and had great conversations. Close to everything and great insight to where to visit. If you are anywhere near here...STAY HERE!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2010

Friends in Ohio suggested this hotel, so we followed their advice and planned for two nights at the start of our exploration of the ring of Kerry. Never before or since have we stayed at a hotel that offered such personal care from arrival to departure! We decided to return for another night a week later--at the end of our Kerry circuit. Now, more than a year after our Ireland trip, we still think of our conversations with Michael, Geraldine, and others at Killeen House. Some day we will return!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank farmerta
Reviewed 6 January 2010

Wonderful experience - Beautiful place and grounds. We traveled with our three small children (6, 5, and 1) and 2 grandparents. We stayed in 2 of the championship rooms for 3 nights. Rooms were great and staff were amazing! They accomodated us and the kids with everything from a crib in the room, high chair in the dining room, Geraldine taught our 2 older kids how to putt golf balls in the pub, and arranged for a sitter (sister of one of the waitresses) to babysit so we could have an adults night out. Food was amazing both at our dinner in Rozzers, as well as at each breakfast where they served the best scrambled eggs we have ever eaten. Charlie the manager could not have been more accomodating if he tried and we all enjoyed the craic with Geraldine and Michael. Michael and Geraldine were also great resources in planning our stay in Killarney. Others guests were incredibly friendly as well. You don't need to be a golfer or on a golfing vacation to enjoy the Killeen House, but if you are, you'll enjoy it even more. Either way be sure to bring a favorite golf ball for the wall of the pub. We will definitely stay at the Killeen House again when in Killarney.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank ndomer
Reviewed 18 December 2009

I really cannot say enough about Killeen House. The staff are wonderful, all of them. You will truly feel at home and it is such a gorgeous part of the country. They have an amazing way of making you feel like you have been there forever, if not as if you are family... important family, and meeting your every need. We had a wonderful time and of all of the places we stayed during our three week tour Killeen House rates at the very top. I would not hesitate to go again. And again. And again. Michael managed to book us all in one room (as I had requested), and with two teenaged boys we still had room to spread out and be comfortable. The restaurant was great and the pub was too. If you need help with anything in the area they will help, so very graciously as well. Charlie is a wonder, indeed the whole staff is superb. Even housekeeping wished us a safe journey and a speedy return. I loved the whole experience. And the location is perfect for so much! We toured the Ring of Kerry, my husband and boys golfed (while I slept in and enjoyed a lovely breakfast in my room), and there is so much else you can reach from there. I could have stayed weeks. An absolute delight. Book it, go, trust me! You will leave wanting only to return and feeling like you have made wonderful friends.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank kcd_CA_Mom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aghadoe
Loch Lein Country House
Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa
3 mi away
International Hotel Killarney
The Europe Hotel & Resort

Been to Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant? Share your experiences!