“Used to be good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We used to visit this restaurant at least once a week when it first opened. The last three times we have been, the service has been unbelievably slow and food is not as good as it used to be. On our last visit my husband and I were seated at our table, waited about 10 minutes, finally our waitress came to the table and took our drink orde (after we got our drinks we had to ask for chips and salsa, which are normally brought out when you sit down). Mind you the restaurant wasn't crowded and they had plenty of wait staff in the restaurant. You frequently see the wait staff standing in the restaurant conversing with one another while a few of the wait staff actually tend to their customers. A table that was seated after we were, received their drinks before we did. The visit prior to that, it took over 2 1/2 hours for us to order, get our food and complete our meal. We've had the fajitas on several occasions and the steak has gotten tough and doesn't seem to be seasoned or marinated the way it used to be. Their prices have gone up and Mexican here is not cheap! We will be going elsewhere from now on.

1  Thank Suzydispatch

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Used to love coming here but my favorite waiter left and then the service went down hill. Which was a shame because the food is so good. Went today and had a excellent waitress. Food came out quick and tasted great. Happy to say I will be coming back if the service is like it is now.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Great place for happy hour drinks and meal. 27 oz margaritas for $4.99 and worth every penny. My food was tasty and hot. Nice staff that brought out food quickly. Look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

If you like to eat in an atmosphere that resembles a large gymnasium atmosphere during a high school playoff game then this is your place. The food was plentiful bland and a little expensive. There are much better places to go for Mexican food in Newnan.
This place was so noisy you could not have a conversation with the person sitting next to you.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband and I stopped by Mother's Day evening for dinner on the way home from our weekend trip to Atlanta. The hostess gave roses out to the mothers in honor of the occasion. We travel to ATL quite often and ALWAYS stop in Newnan on our trips. My husband had the chile relleno, beef burito, and chalupa combo platter, which is a ton of food! I ordered the chicken fajitas. Although the service was a little slow (they were packed), the chips and salsa were delicious while we waited for our food. My fajitas were great and my husband said his food was quite good. We saved this restaurant in our GPS of favorite places to eat and we will be back.

Been to La Hacienda? Share your experiences!