“Superb Thai Food..in Newnan!!”
Review of Mongkoltep Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mongkoltep Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Warm Springs, Georgia
“Superb Thai Food..in Newnan!!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have been going to this restaurant for years and wanted to share our consistent positive experiences with the tasty food! We have tried just about everything on the menu and love everything. They will make a traditional Thai seafood salad if you ask, even though it's not on the menu, which pairs nicely with Nam Sod and Pad Thai. Their basil and ginger dishes are awesome and the Chicken Coconut Soup is wonderful! And all of this is accompanied by a very pleasant wait staff in a tastefully decorated restaurant complete with authentic decor. The restaurant is family owned and they take pride in their food - it shows! Thanks for being here!

• Visited February 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Reliable choice for dinner on the Square”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Food is always quite good, and the staff is professional and welcoming. Terrific location on the Square, perfect for an after-dinner stroll. Often busy at lunch but rarely so at dinner.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank BenevolentD
michaeldab
“When in Newnan this is great place to go”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I went with some house swapper from Cardiff England last night it was wonderful its a great place to go with family and friends. Prices are very resonable

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank michaeldab
Senoia, GA
“Great lunch spot in downtown Newnan...”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

We ate here for the first time today after talking of it several times...and we were glad we did...

My wife had the Green Curry with beef ($6.95) which was very fresh and spicy...I ordered the Pad Kee Mow with shrimp ($7.95), flat ribbon noodles with a spicy sauce...it was great...for an appetizer we shared an order of Kanom Jeeb ($4.50), pork dumplings with a tasty ginger soy sauce...the wait staff is very attentive and the service was very friendly...

We will definitely be back...the lunch specials for $6.95 -7.95 include a Thai salad, can't beat the price...

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank trilobite1102
Atlanta, Georgia
“Terrible Thai”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I, as well as my date, was disappointed with the food. We have dined at various Thai restaurants in the metro Atlanta area, and I must say, we've NEVER had this variation of Thai food. We ordered calamari and it looked like grozen onion rings, and tasted like cold rubber. We both hoped that it was not a prelude for what was to come as our main entrees. I ordered a Spicy Salmon dish, and my date ordered Spicy Basil Fried Rice. The waitress returned shortly to inform me that there was no more salmon in the building. I then order the Thai Fried Rice. When our entrees arrived, the prelude became a disappointing reality. Our rice was wet, sweet, and mushy. It was overloaded with large hunks of onions and tomatoes, corn, and peas. There was very little basil to be seen in my date's rice.

And by the way, don't bother with deciding on a tip, as they automatically add an 18% tip to your bill.

The positive side of the experience was that the restaurant was quaint, and the servers were friendly.

• Visited February 2013