“Really nice hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Newnan
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Really nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed there for a couple of nights and it this a clean nice hotel with friendly folks. The room was great: Nice and dark, quiet and most importantly, clean. The staff is very helpful and there are a lot of nice places to eat nearby. Breakfast is pretty standard for SpringHill - lots of healthy choices. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank my37122

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Fishers, IN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

The SpringHill Suites in Newnan was a nice place, typical for a SpringHill Suites. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The diversity of foods available at breakfast was generous. The coffee provided during the day was not always hot and sometimes decaf was not available. Our biggest complaint was that the pool was broken and this was not communicated to our party in advance. We were looking forward to taking advantage of the warm October weather (80s) in Georgia. Upon check-in we were informed that the pool was broken. This should have been communicated at the time of booking and/or prior to arrival.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Quiet (we had a room that faced the back, not the parking lot), clean and easy access to the interstate. We booked this at the last minute and got it for a reasonable AAA price. King suite with a sofa. A little odd in the configuration but very workable. We passed on breakfast so no comment there.

• Stayed September 2013
Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We reserved our room and guaranteed it to a credit card because we knew we would be arriving late. On our arrival day we showed up at midnight, with our two small children to find out they canceled our room earlier that afternoon! They made no serious attempts to contact us to let us know they were cancelling it and to make it worse we were told by the front desk clerk that they were completely sold out and they could not accommodate us at all (at midnight!). The front desk clerk was not helpful and he had no idea what he was doing. He had to call off duty managers just to see that our reservation was canceled. The service he provided was horrible and because of the actions of this hotel our family will no longer stay at Springhill Suites and possibly all Marriott hotels. We ended up having to find last minute accommodations at close to 1am. So basically, they oversold the hotel for that night and we were the lucky recipients of a canceled room. As a former travel agent, I know that hotels do this. If you choose to stay at this hotel you better make sure the same thing doesn't happen to you.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank FormerTravelAgent36
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Late at night in July during a layover at ATL, I needed to get a room somewhere for a few hours of sleep.

I booked at a place that I later discovered to be a terrible hotel, Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, but this refused to honor my reservation. They apparently sell more reservations than they have rooms, and whoever arrives last loses the Crowne Plaza game of musical hotel rooms. So very late one night I sat the foul hotel lobby of Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport and began calling for available rooms somewhere.

Tanya at the Springhill Suites by Marriott told me that she had a room and that she would be watching for me to arrive. I arrived at the hotel, admittedly still in a lousy mood because of the lousy service at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, but Tanya warmly and graciously welcomed me like an old friend. How can one possibly stay grumpy with the giant warm kind smile of someone like Tanya? You cannot stay in a bad mood.

I went upstairs to a very nice, and delightfully cool room with a bed that felt like I was laying down on a cloud in heaven, and peacefully slept the night away.

In the morning, I needed to get up early and return to the airport for an early flight. Tanya was still just as radiant and happy in the morning as she was the evening before. As we were turning to go, Tanya reminded us of a breakfast that was fresh and ready to be eaten in the breakfast room. The freshly prepared food, was an unexpected bonus for a very pleasant stay.

The great experience that we had with Tanya in this hotel, and others at other Marriott properties made me think about how consistent Marriott employees are with truly great service. I've stayed in lots of different Marriott branded hotels, and I truly cannot ever recall having a bad stay at any Marriot hotel ever in the course of decades.

Thank you Tanya and Marriott for consistently meeting and exceeding expectations for excellence in hotel service.

Room Tip: It is nice and quiet and the entire property is nicely place off of the main highway. I doubt that y...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank John M
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Stayed overnight for a family wedding nearby.
Front desk staff throughout our visit were very friendly. Rooms were spacious and, most importantly, very clean. I requested a room that was away from the elevator to avoid hallway traffic noise, and we were put in a room at the end of the hall that had a nice view of trees.
The breakfast was delicious and plentiful.
Not sure if we will ever be this way again, but if we are we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank chaznron
Prattville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very rarely do you find real southern hospitality at a hotel chain, but this location has managed to come through. Our stay was nice, clean, quiet and friendly. Several staff members stood out as excellent. I wish I'd taken down their names in order to recognize them. But the housekeeping was wonderful, the complimentary breakfast was plentiful, and everyone was eager to make our stay delightful. My only complaints would be the set up of the parking lot (difficult to turn into) and the location is a killer with traffic as it sits across from Walmart. I had an allergic reaction to the feather/down pillows and had to request the foam pillow replacements (which are not great), but I've found this to be a Marriott thing across the board. Lastly, our bathroom toilet had the smallest tank and slowest flush system in the universe. With two kids and two adults--this was a real pain. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to staying there again. Well done, Newnan's Springhill Suites!

Room Tip: Upper floor away from elevator--facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family