“someone needs to upgrade the entire place”
Review of Motel 6 Newnan

Motel 6 Newnan
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
Locust Grove, Georgia
“someone needs to upgrade the entire place”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

this hotel advertises that there rooms have microwave ovens and refrigerators in each room but when you check in the staff tell you that all rooms do not have them because they give them to guest that are living in the rooms as homes and if you get a room with one in them than you are lucky if it works. On the other hand if you're next door neighbor is smoking than you can be sure that you will be breathing in smoke too. The showers are nasty and they have roaches in some rooms. some of the rooms smell like mold and I can not even guess the scent of the other smell good luck if you choose to stay because in checking in its the luck of the draw good luck.

Room Tip: its the luck of the draw
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
I am so sorry you found your guest room unacceptable. Our housekeepers work very hard to keep our guest rooms clean and an unacceptable guest room is not the standard at our hotel. My sincerest apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest the next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was an excellent stay for a cheap price and very comfort and clean. The staff was real nice. and courtesy. Restaurant close by. And very convenience access to the interstate. A very quiet place tuck back in a romantic setting.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
We are happy to read you had an excellent stay here at the Motel 6 Newnan. Thank you for such a nice review. We hope to see you again soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Yeah you get what you pay for. I hadn't been there for 15 minutes before my truck was surrounded by cops. I thought I had done wrong but turns out they were hauling some punk kid away. They hung around and had a good ol boy meeting for about an hour leaving me blocked in.

First room I got didn't have any power. Second room only the lamps work, but hey that was an upgrade from the first. Rooms don't seem to be cleaned, but rather doused with gallons of lysol. headache inducing to say the least. I hate the smell of smoke, but I'd take that any day of the lysol.

Front desk staff was really nice. Only good thing I could say really. Supposed to be free wifi, but I wasn't given the access info and the front desk doesn't know it.

Seriously, pay more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeremiah T
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our housekeeping department and have been addressed. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a lackadaisical attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.

Travellers are raving about these Newnan hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I just made an account here to warn others not to stay here. I've traveled the country for ten years and stayed in many budget to mid-priced motels. I know which chains to avoid.
I *liked* Motel 6, and up until now, it has been my first choice. Not anymore.
This is , hands down, the Nastiest place I have ever seen.
Had I not been exhausted from driving 15 hours, I'd have demanded my $50 back and slept in my vehicle.
The 'non-smoking' room was definitely a smoking room. It reeked despite the enormous amounts of carpet and air freshener; the electrical sockets and light switches were stained brownish from nicotine.
The sheets & pillows were dirty and smelled bad. I slept on an old blanket kept in my truck for emergencies.
The pictures hung crookedly above the bed had ?? splattered across them.
The one chair in the room was threadbare, had stuffing poking out and needed to be in the trash.
The TV was very old, had a bad picture and a dead remote.
The towels were dirty, smelled really bad and there was a pile of filthy towels shoved under the sink.
There was dried urine on the bathroom floor, [--] splattered around the inside of the toilet rim/set and the toilet took forever to flush.
The shower was filthy and had several types of hairs stuck to the walls, crust & soap scum caked around the faucets, drain, grab handle, tub floor and soap holder. The sink, counter and mirror were very dirty, had who-knows-what stuck to them and the sink barely drained.
Absolutely disgusting. I showered at the truck stop.
The carpet hadn't been vacuumed in awhile, had sticky spots and the door jamb had so much gap that it let out whatever heat the noisy old a/c - heat unit was putting out.
The parking lot is not well-lit, especially in the rear.
I had to listen to car alarms going off all night in the parking lot and guest's dogs barking, barking, barking.
I now hate Motel 6. Never again. Worst experience EVER

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelTech369
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
We’re always working to improve our product and services and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. We have been working with our staff to ensure these matters are corrected. Thank you for the distinct service you have provided us by sharing your thoughts.
Ozark, Alabama
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was on business layover trip n was booked by my office. Their rates were very low which should have been the clue ! The hotel was a RUNDOWN Ramada buyout. At check-in the clerk stated their were no refrigerator n microwave available in the room but would check to see if they had any that were working. Stayed three nights without ! Considered HOTEL to be a construction worker hotel. The room had fresh paint but smelled n in the am saw bugs. The desk chair was a sitting chair n had to use pillows to use at desk. Informed office of hotel conditions n was taken off company list.. Bright side at check-out was asked by clerk how my stay was. After informing her she apologized and stated I should have been put in another nicer room especially from my reservation and not that room which is not usually assigned because of condition. INTERESTING !.

Room Tip: Check and inspect the room before checking in.. NOT all room conditions are the same !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us. I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.
Robertsdale, Alabama
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Of all my stays in Motels, this one takes the cake. Absolutely awful. MOLD EVERYWHERE. The bathroom was filthy. Mold on ceiling, shower head, toilet rim, tiles gout in floor, sink, sink handles, under sink with an ice bucket catching leak. I took pictures and will call local health department before I leave Newnan, Ga tomorrow after I bring manager on duty and cleaning person back to room 129 @ Motel Sick (6).
I, too, will NEVER stay at any Motel 6 again. It's like Motel Crack House 6. I'm sure there are crack houses cleaner than this was.
There was even food left in the refrigerator from someone.
We wouldn't sit on couch or chair. Curtains were filthy and molded.
I've already written Motel 6 customer service.
DO NOT STAY @ MOTEL 6 IN NEWNAN , GA............

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Motel 6 Newnan, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to discuss the disappointment you experienced during your stay at our hotel. Frank guest reviews such as yours, are appreciated, as they give us the chance to improve. It seems the underlying issues you experienced were the result of unacceptable housekeeping practices. There is currently a new management team in place who have been working meticulously to ensure guest rooms are clean and comfortable, offering a relaxing place for our guests to enjoy their time in our area. , I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town.
Shorterville, Al
Reviewed 1 August 2013

If you are a hard sleeper, want a plce to lay down for the night, this is it....No phone in room, NO coffee pot, NO clock, NO breakfast, NO TV channel guide, NO microwave, NO large bath towels, NO Kleenex in tissue box...Plenty of noise from car boom boxes driving through, plenty of loud music from permanent residents in motel, lots of kids crying and talking until 2 A.M. Will have to say they did have a nice pool.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple