“Another Great Place to Stay in South Atlanta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta South - Newnan
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
Deltona
“Another Great Place to Stay in South Atlanta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have been a guest at many hotels in the area and I was very pleased as well as surprised as to the La Quinta Inn in Newnan, GA! A friendly staff member greats you and welcomes you to the house. After registration or in fact, Any communication, they Always ask if there is ANYTHING else that they may provide in order to meet or exceed your expectations! This Inn goes above and beyond many others that I have stayed at and they try very hard to earn your business every day!! The facilities are clean and well appointed and while the LQ Inn is not the Waldorf or The Ritz Carlton, they do all they can to provide you with a clean, comfortable and secure place to rest and relax! When traveling South on I-85 and you are seeking a place to rest your head after a long day, I must suggest the La Quinta Inn & Suites-Atlanta South-Newnan GA!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Nashville, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was supposed to stay at this hotel for 3 nights. I checked out after 1 night. The smell was so bad. The worst thing was I had a king suite with a pull out sofa bad. My 11 year old son was sleeping on the sofa bed. We pulled it out, he hopped into it and the mattress was so thin that the bars and springs underneath the mattress bruised his knee and leg so bad he couldn't walk. I had him go to sleep and told him we would see how it was in the morning. He woke me up at 1am and told me it hurt so bad he thought it may be broken. He went back to sleep. I got up at 6am and went immediatley to the business center to find another hotel for us to stay in. I found one, I had to pay double what I was paying at La Quinta, but I didn't care. I had to take my children somewhere they would be safe. I went to the front desk to report what had happened the night before. At that point my son wasn't awake and I still didn't know if I was going to have to take him to the emergency room to get an X-ray. The asst. manager at the desk was the nastiest, rudest, employee I have ever dealt with in my life. I stay in hotels about 40 nights a year in numerous different brands of hotels and have never experienced this kind of service. This was the first time I had stayed at a La Quinta and I can promise you it is also the last time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Tanya L

Travellers are raving about these Newnan hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is a good value for $75 a night. However, the website is misleading. The listing for king rooms states that there is a microwave and refrigerator in all rooms. There are not. When I asked about it at the front desk I was told 'it is a courtesy, not a guarantee' that you get all the amenities listed. What a load of bull! I need to ice my arthritic knees a few times a day or I almost cannot walk. I had to settle for cold ice packs from a cooler, instead of frozen from a refrigerator/freezer. We purchased a cooler, an additional expense, so we could keep a few drinks in the room (we were there four days) and for my ice packs. I guess next time we stay in a hotel I'll tell them I NEED a refrigerator for medical purposes. Many people base their decision on what hotel and room to stay in on the listing for amenities. I don't know why they don't take this more seriously.

The hot tub was closed due to 'maintenance'. The whole time we were there. I get frustrated by hotels listing amenities and then the pool's heater being broken, the workout machines not working, etc.

The cleanliness of the room was just ok. Obviously someone had smoked in our room, and it was listed as non-smoking. I know they can't control what guests do once they close the door, but it would be nice if people stepped outside to pull on their cancer sticks. Luckily we do not have a severe allergy to smoke, but some people do.

The hotel was fairly quiet, we were not woke up by other guests or traffic or anything. The A/C worked just fine. It did feel a little humid in our room. Maybe that's just the Georgia weather. I think they need more than the one humidifier we saw in a hallway.

The breakfast was ok. The waffles were good, but the syrup was thin. We were expecting bacon so imagine our disappointment! lol Now that I read the listing again, I see they do NOT list bacon. The rest of the breakast was ok. There was yogurt, fruit, cold cereal, toast, bagels, donuts. I had my fill everyday and was satisified.

We asked housekeeping to not go in our room for a couple days and they gladly gave us extra towels for the next day. That was nice.

I hope someone updates their website to say "You MIGHT get all the amenities listed and we MIGHT have all of our machinery in working order when you get here". At least then there would be no expectations. I suppose it's time to stop being cheap about hotels and paying some money to see if the experience is any better. I'm tired of these of cheaper 'value' places that always leave me wanting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Columbiana, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We travel with our pet and were very pleased with the room and it's convenience to the parking lot. Had a problem with the A/C, they gave us another room, but when we said how much we liked the room we were in, they changed out the A/C unit so we could stay. We were very pleased with their maintenance man going above and beyond to take care of the problem. We will return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Diane M
Atlanta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

We like to travel for leisure with our dog and we really like LaQuinta Inns because we don't have to sacrifice our comfort for our pet. We can have both! The bedding is very comfortable and the rooms are comfortable and this is consistent throughout the chain. We're never made to feel unwelcomed when we arrive with our dog in tow. How could they? She's cute!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

loganville, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The over night lady was not accommodating even for a simple move to a secluded room so noone would disturb our light sleeping 9 month old. The thing that was even worse is we went to breakfast and the OJ tasted sour, the waffle mix (cooked) tasted like soap and i was not about to even try the milk or fruit for fear of nastiness..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Cassie Nycol F
Mike P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta South - Newnan, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
I am concerned about the problem you encountered at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken.
I hope you will give our hotel another stay.