“Stopped off here on the way back to Atlanta”

Golden's On The Square
Ranked #32 of 214 Restaurants in Newnan
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This place is great. I had a little of everything as my wife and kids let me sample. Especially good was the fried chichen, limas, fried okra, and banana pudding. We had a great lunch at a very good price.

Go here.

1  Thank Purepalmetto

Reviewed 13 August 2012

The Southern style food was good and the price for the buffet was a good value. If you are not from the South, then the food will be exceptional. But, if you are a true Southern Belle born and raised in the South, like me, then the food is acceptable by Southern Standards, but definitely doesn't beat my Momma's cooking. The decor was a little dark, but I loved the original hardwood floors and exposed brick. The place could use some color, like maybe white washing the brick. I will definitely eat there again.

1  Thank Kristy M
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

I get it Newnan townsman like to keep the square going and I would too ... But this place needs a facelift bad. Food is ok but inside is way to dark and old if there were to fix it up then maybe I'll go but that's maybe a better southern cooked meal is shirlys country kitchen on hwy 34! At least for the food!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Growing up in Franklin, GA, just a twenty minute drive from downtown Newnan, I lived for Saturdays when we'd take the trip into "town." If ever downtown, I'd beg to eat lunch at Golden's. The building is old, but charming. The food is southern and yummy. The banana pudding is what will have you coming back time and time again. And yes, on Sundays you better make sure to be one of the first ones there or you'll be waiting for awhile. Newnan doesn't have many restaurants that are good ole home cooking so I think that's why Golden's is so popular.

1  Thank heatherashley
Reviewed 28 June 2012 via mobile

There are more places that claim to serve home cooking, but few that actually do! Golden's does indeed serve a nice home cooked meal! Delicious! And I can't even begin to tell you how amazing their banana pudding is. It is definitely a must have with every meal consumed here. The prices are great and the servings are large! Goldens is on the square in an old building and yes you can tell it's an old building, but that is part of the experience. The staff is not overly friendly, but nice enough since it is a cafeteria style set up and you don't spend much time with them any way.

1  Thank Lynseylou12