“No no no”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
Montgomery, Alabama
“No no no”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Booked a non-smoking room and it was definitely smoking. No continental breakfast. The room was basically falling apart...Noise levels outside were ridiculous. Drapes were moth worn. Heater didn't blow hot air. Had to place a towel at the bottom of the door because I could see the sidewalk outside from inside the room.

Room Tip: get a better hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have never been so disappointed in a hotel/motel in my life. I made a reservation online, and was looking forward to my stay. All of the reviews were praising the hotel for it's cleanliness and fresh remodeling. I checked in around 8 pm, was assigned my room, and proceeded to park my car. Several people were loitering in the parking lot, but I was tired and ignored them as best as I could. I grabbed my overnight bag and proceeded to enter my room. Once inside I locked the door, and noticed that the deadbolt was not functioning properly, but after a minute of jiggling, I was able to engage it. Once I looked around the room, I was afraid to put my bags down or to sit on any furniture. The chair was covered in drywall dust and many mysterious "stains", as was the duvet, the desk, and the accompanying desk chair. I suspect the "remodeling" the reviews referred to were the quarter sized holes in the wall that had not properly been fixed, but rather been hastily covered with a plaster like substance and then been painted over. I was thoroughly disgusted, but again I was tired, so I thought to get some towels, clean off the surfaces I was going to HAVE to touch, and simply order new sheets. That was until I went into the bathroom to collect a towel. It looked unfinished, and I was willing to overlook it. What I was unwilling to overlook were the stains on the toilet seat and bowl, the cracked, stained tub whose drain stop was sitting off to the side, not attached like it was supposed to be. Nor was I able to overlook the dead cockroaches in the tub, and the bar of soap on my sole towel. It was already opened and used and there were what appeared to be pubic hairs on it. I immediately turned around and left my room. I put my belongings into my car and went back into the office to talk to the desk clerk. I was in the room for a grand total of ten minutes. When the clerk asked why I wanted to check out I told him that I was unsatisfied with my room. He then offered to place me in another room, but if the one I stayed in was their first choice, I did not want to see their other options. He then offered me a refund, but when he called his manager/supervisor he told them that I had been in the room for approximately an hour, and his supervisor told him that since it was after 6pm, no refunds were to be given. There were no more options, no offers for a voucher for a sister hotel, or an attempt to make up for my experience. Nothing. I frequently have to travel to Newnan for business, but I will never suggest this hotel nor will I come within a mile of it again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelerClaireC

Travellers are raving about these Newnan hotels

Morganton
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The hotel was clean and near where we needed to be and the price was good. Unfortunately there was no coffee pot in the room and the breakfast was one piece of toast and some coffee. I would hardly rate it as breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carolyn M
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have been staying at this hotel weekly and realize that it is one of the cleanest in Newnan, GA. The staff is friendly and very attentive to the needs of guest. The management (Manny and Nikki) are great individuals and always willing to help. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet therefore, checking in and being placed in a certain area will not make a di...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I had an opportunity to stay in this motel for a couple of weeks and it was a very pleasant experience. Even though the building is not new, the rooms and premises are kept clean. My bed was very comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful in solving any problems you may have. Rooms were checked daily and resupplied with clean towels and toilet tissue. As for the weekly rates, they really offer the “best value” in the area. The wireless and fast Internet access from all rooms is also a plus.
During the summer, you can use the swimming pool, which also has an adjacent, small, shallow pool for the little kids. The water was kept alaways clean. As for the safety measures - the swimming pool area and parking lots are under continuous surveillance with security cameras.

The breakfast, offered in the lobby, was simple but it would get you a good start. You could choose from bagel, bread, cream cheese, peanut butter, jelly to coffee, milk and orange juice. Disposable utensils, plates and cups were provided.
You also have access to the onsite guests’ laundry room with two washing machines and two dryers. However, you will need about $2.25-2.50 (in Quarters) to use both. The staff in the lobby can help you with money exchange, if you lack the coins. There is also a free automatic ice maker nearby, available 24/7.

I would definitely recommend this budget motel to everyone who wants the best value for the money.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have stayed at a couple of the hotels in this area and I will have to admit this one was the best experience. They have recently updated the rooms. They are clean and well appointed for comfort If you have any questions or needs all you have to do is pick up the phone and call the front desk.The staff here will go out of their way to help you.I would rank this motel as the best one in this area and the Super 8 across the street as the worst Best value for your dollar.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back have less traffic going in and out because the drive does not go all the way a...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank David M
Moreland, Georgia
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Have stayed at americas best value inn on several occassions and each and every visit we have been treated as if we are family. The staff is always smiling and courteous. The onsite laundry was an outstanding convience. The pool was always sparkling clean and inviting.

Room Tip: Always ask for parking lot side if you are looking for rest or pool side if you want a true vacati...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple