“Nice stay”

Hampton Inn Atlanta/Newnan
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This Hampton Inn location is near a shopping area. In fact, it is tucked in behind it. I can see how it might be easy to miss. It has all of the amenities of a Hampton Inn. There is construction to refresh the hotel site. With all of this, the staff has been courteous, the morning breakfast buffet was good, the pool is clean and accessible. There was no microwave in the room that we stayed in, but that is not a big deal. Our two day stay here was exactly what was needed at the beginning of a vacation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sharpsburg, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for a week while looking for a house in Newnan. The hotel pinged my credit card for more than the cost of my stay as a "hold," that took one desk clerk and a manager to figure out how to fix. Then they actually charged the room at random intervals throughout the week. It made it hard to make sure that I was charged the correct amount. Breakfast was what you'd expect. Over the weekend, the place was packed with families in for a lacrosse tournament and the breakfast spread was unable to keep up with the demand. The room was alright. The bathtub has a funny texture to the bottom, meant to prevent slipping. But it makes you feel like you are standing in dirt while showering. I'd hate to put a child's bottom on that; it would be very uncomfortable. Housekeeping skipped our room one day and said it was because our do-not-disturb sign was out. It was out for 15 minutes while we changed to go to the pool, where there weren't any towels. All-in-all, next time I need a hotel in Newnan, I will check others first.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gb1967
Indian Trail, NC
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Room was nice, loved the layout of the bathroom. Nice breakfast variety as well. Signage off the interstate made the hotel difficult to find since you have passed the turn for the hotel when you see the sign and it's hidden behind a shopping center

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I traveled to Newnan for work and tend to stay in Hampton Inns whenever possible.

Very smooth check in and great service.
I was talking with the front desk clerk, while checking in, about a specific bar I wanted to visit later that evening. She did not know of it but recommend I talk to the sales manager. It wasn't a big deal but when I got to my room, the manager overheard my conversation, had the front desk clerk call and tell me that they printed directions for me. I mean, that was pretty nice.

Room was clean, good quality, nice bathroom. Bed was comfortable. AC was decent.
Breakfast was pretty good and tasted fresh.

I did not use the pool or the fitness room.

I would easily recommend this for any traveler. If work brings me back to Newnan, I would not hesitate to stay again.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn just south of Atlanta in Newnan. We were on our way to North Carolina and wanted to avoid driving through Atlanta at rush hour. The hotel was a bit difficult to find, as you have to wind your way through a shopping center, but my GPS on the phone got us there. It was an excellent Hampton, very new and well kept. The bathroom layout was so much better than many other Hamptons, with a long narrow shelf under a large wall mirror to the side of the sink. I've always found it difficult to apply makeup (or for my husband to shave) in most Hampton bathrooms. This made it easy for us both. There are many chain restaurants nearby, some within walking distance. We ate at Ruby Tuesday and found it quite good. Our only complaint was that breakfast wasn't properly stocked. We arrived at 9:30 a.m. and breakfast lasted until 10:00 a.m., but most of the food was gone and I saw no one replenishing it. Otherwise, one of the best Hamptons I've stayed in on the road.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Blue Ridge, Georgia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The overall stay at the Hampton Inn was a great one, the location was perfect for where my conference location was, restaurants, everything. Service was great, beds were very comfortable. Overall good stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Magee, MS, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Older hotel in the chain, there have been updates in the lobby and rugs, rooms were clean and partially updated. Pool needed attention, water was cloudy. I did not appreciate having to get my bill at the front desk to check out. It was ready, but had not been slipped under the door as most Hamptons do.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton