“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
Lake City, Florida
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 9 October 2007

We spent one night here and were pleased. Pleasant staff, breakfast was fine for a continental. Room was clean and well kept. Nice linens with a long enough sheet to fold down over the top of the blanket. Nice and quiet and lots of good shopping right across the street.

• Liked — price, location
  • Disliked — no problems
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank travlingal51

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2007

Comfort Inn - Newnan is a nice place to stay. It is quiet, reasonably-priced, and very clean. However, I'm not sure the staff knows this.

Comfort Inn is a couple of blocks off I-85. This is a good exit for travelers. There are many food options, places to shop, and even a Wal-mart for those forgotten toothbrushes and socks!

(Note: this is also a nice place to stay if you are traveling to Atlanta, approaching from the southwest. We were in the Turner Field parking lot - Atlanta Braves - in about 30 minutes.)

The inn appears new and fresh. There is plenty of parking. Check-in is swift. The room was very clean and quiet. Everything worked (microwave, fridge, lights) and everything was clean. The rate, with tax, was around $80 - which I thought was great.

But the staff gave the impression that I WASN'T staying at a great hotel. They made me think that it was a 2nd-rate hotel. Confused? Read on.

Some employees just KNOW how the staff at a hotel should behave and dress. Either they have traveled themselves, or they have been adequately trained. For most employees, I think the management would need to establish some parameters, and train the employees accordingly. From all appearances, this has not been done at Comfort Inn.

For example, I was not prepared for the provocative attire of the woman working the check-in desk. Her tight blouse was cut lower than imaginable, and the display was almost obscene. (Whatever you are imagining - it was more.) She was wearing a necklace with the script "Sexy" in gold. I started to say something, but what do you say? I am a red-blooded American male, but ... hello ??? When you hire someone for this position, you tell them what to wear. If you're concerned that they don't understand, you take them to Wal-mart and buy them a couple of "uniforms." But you don't let them wear such revealing clothing. Had I been traveling with children, I would have covered their eyes. I'm not kidding.

Another example: We went to the Braves game and returned to the hotel around midnight. The front door was locked - probably for security reasons. I waved to the front desk clerk (a different clerk) and she started yelling "Gate! Gate! Gate!" I was clueless. She didn't walk around the counter to speak with us, and there was no sign on the door. She just kept saying "Gate!" Finally my daughter said "Dad, let's look for a gate." So we walked around the hotel, through the pool gate and used our key-card to get in the building.

Another example: 30-minutes before the breakfast bar was scheduled to close, there was very little food left. Nobody wants to take that last muffin. (They just put them back in the fridge anyway, right?) Finally, someone notified the front desk, and a woman came limping out of the back area. I heard her tell someone she had hurt her ankle. I think she should have been on crutches. So - she put some more food out, but it was painful to watch. It seems like the manager would have given her a stool and let her fold towels or something - and assigned another person to the breakfast service.

Another example: the lobby had some very nice furniture, but for about an hour that morning it was filled with the housekeeping staff waiting to go to work. They were sitting there, laughing and telling jokes - not really hurting anybody. But honestly, would you expect that from a fine hotel? I think I would ask them to meet in the employee lounge.

Another example: the next morning I turned-in my key and the front desk clerk asked me to sign the form, stating that I would pay the balance on my credit card. I had paid in cash. She said, "Don't worry, you have a zero balance." My family was ready to leave, so I signed it - but I had the clerk sign a copy for me indicating the zero balance. You can bet I'll be checking my credit card bills (I DID reserve the room with a credit card.)

Okay - you get the idea - a nice place to stay, but be prepared for an untrained, unsupervised staff.

3.5 stars would be more exact. We DID get a good night's sleep in a clean hotel.

• Liked — Clean quiet room
  • Disliked — Unprofessional staff
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank ExpectingQuality
Newnan
Reviewed 12 July 2007

Possible the best place in Newnan to stay. Rooms very clean and recently updated. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
North Augusta
Reviewed 21 December 2006

I and a classmate were sent to Newnan for Fieldwork for school and chose Comfort Inn based on its reviews and the helpfulness of the manager over the phone. Being young females in a new area, we found the Comfort Inn very safe and clean. The room size, refrigerator, microwave, and breakfast buffet made us feel at home. The only negative experience was that our keys would quit working without warning and we could not enter the back door (safety issue!), but they were quick to reactivate our cards. If I had to visit Newnan, I would stay here again!

• Liked — Great room and breakfast buffet
  • Disliked — random inactivation of keys
  • Tips/Secrets — keep your key card away from your cell phone
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Jezca
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2006

This was the first time I had stayed at a Comfort Inn and this place was great! Super clean. Looks like a newly built location but is actually 7 years old. The manager checked us in for the night and was very friendly. They have a continental breakfast that is good. We had a nice stay here and will definitely look to stay at more Comfort Inns in the future! Great job on this one!!!

• Liked — Cleanliness!
  • Disliked — Pool was very small.
  • Tips/Secrets — Great place, good price. Try it, you'll like it!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Cherishedwun