“Believe it or not, this is a Choice Hotel...”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Newnan
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Newnan
Irondequoit, New York
“Believe it or not, this is a Choice Hotel...”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

After the check in process, I had some trepidation regarding the legitimacy of the Comfort Inn marque, but they are indeed a Choice property that, at the time of my stay, doesn't show up on the Choice website.

I was assured the internet was working, though even with a room right off the lobby, I had no connectivity, wither through wifi or the (broken) ethernet cable. Also, when I checked in, I found no soap in the bathroom (turns out shampoo does a wonderful job washing hands, but that's another website, no doubt). This was quickly resolved.

Room was spacious, relatively clean, though a bit dated. Sleep quality was fine. A perhaps telling statement as I checked out was the clerk complaining that the maid (singular) was late again after being out the day before. I don't know hotel management, but an overworked maid may indicate corners being cut (though I saw no evidence).

Easily accessible from the interstate with a decent number of food options nearby.

While I would probably seek other accommodations next time through, if I had to stay here again it would be... acceptable.

Room Tip: Stress you need internet if you do, and hope it works.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank mclee19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dillon, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at. I travel weekly and I stay at this hotel once a week. I've never had a bad experience and the staff is second to none. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
New York
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I still cannot believe it! After checking in and trying to connect to the internet with my laptop, I opened the binder with hotel information. "Wifi is available in the lobby only". So, I hooked up the ethernet cable in the room. It connected but would not navigate around any site. The cable was too small for the wall outlet and also for the place on my laptop. I then tried the cable that we carry with us. It was a little bit better, but still extremely frustrating. I called the 800 number in the hotel information for help with ethernet. The girl was very nice and said she made "some adjustments" so it should work better.
For the entire evening and the next morning, it was really not possible to accomplish anything on the internet. It was unbelievably slow if you got anything at all.
This is our second and last time staying here. We thought since it had been about 6 or 8 months, surely they had decent wireless by now. The last time, we were at least able to use the computer in the "business center", but this trip, that was no faster or easier.
There is absolutely no excuse for this. No wonder the LaQuinta next door had three times as many cars in the parking lot for the same room rates.

Also, the air conditioner was on 64 when we checked in and the room was warm. We had to turn it down to 60 to cool off to sleep. It stopped during the night and we woke up warm. Then in the morning, the room was freezing. ?????

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mamalyn27407
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 May 2011

We would definitely stay here again. The persons working the front desk were very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. We detected no lingering smoke odors even though it's not a smoke free facility. The breakfast was very adequate and quite tasty.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaTraveler63
GM_ComfortInn_Newnan, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newnan, responded to this review, 30 May 2011
Thank you very much for staying at the Comfort Inn - Newnan. We certainly do appreciate your business.

I am delighted to hear that the hotel met or exceeded all of your expectations, which is always our goal.

We hope to see you grace our door with your presence again - please have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day!

R Milton Blue
General manager
Cedar Bluff, Alabama
Reviewed 20 March 2011

This hotel was very clean, well staffed and maintained, but the beds in Room 105 desparately need replacing. The room had two double beds, one was terrible, the other was tolerable. Very good location, many restaurants close by.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
GM_ComfortInn_Newnan, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newnan, responded to this review, 27 March 2011
I am very sorry that the Comfort Inn - Newnan failed to exceed your expectations in all areas of your hotel visit.

All of our bedding throughout the hotel (foundation and mattress) was recently upgraded to top-quality pillow-top mattresses by an established national vendor.

Nonetheless, you found that particular part of your stay unsatisfactory, and for that I am truly sorry.

I value your business and appreciate your feedback. I also want you to know that the Comfort Inn - Newnan will always treat you with the fairness and respect you deserve. Please contact me at your earliest convenience so that your converns can be resolved to your satisfaction.

Yours in Hospitality

R Milton Blue, GM
Beaufort,SC
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a wedding in Newnan and it turned the entire trip into a family reunion at the hotel. Every staff member we met was extremely polite and went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed. When we got in there were family members coming in from all over the country and we were worn out from traveling. The manager made us a fresh batch of coffee even though the dining area was supposed to be closed. The rooms were very clean and the whole place looked relatively new. The pillows were plentiful, soft and clean. I was surprised to find out the hotel was 12 years old at the time of our stay. There is a small exercise area downstairs, a computer that you can use and the breakfast was presented well in a clean setting and plentiful. I can't think of a single negative experience at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
GM_ComfortInn_Newnan, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Newnan, responded to this review, 28 March 2011
It was our honor to host your family and friends during your combination wedding | family reunion.

The jovial conversation and unending laughter that emanated from the lobby and dining room was enjoyed by my staff and I us as much as it was by all of you.

Please come back and visit every chance you get!

R Milton Blue, GM
Lake City, Florida
Reviewed 21 October 2010

This is our third stay at this Comfort Inn over the past 4 years. It is well maintained and clean. The front desk staff is friendly and check in was quick. The price of this hotel is very reasonable. The breakfast was rather bare bones. We will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple