“Knights Inn Norcross”

Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Dallas
“Knights Inn Norcross”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Perfectly fine budget hotel with working plumbing and heat, no corpses under the bed. The tv worked (although the remote control didn't) and the staff was helpful as could be. I have no complaints.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn

1 Thank Joseph R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Room Rate: I'm a business traveler who looks for the best rates. At $35.00, this hotel was the least expensive (by a long shot!) that I could find on a Wyndham-Rewards hotel room search.

The Grounds: At such a low price, I wasn't expecting much and was prepared for the worst; however, I was delighted to find the entire property clean, well lit and well organized. There was no riff-raff hanging around that I could tell. No one approached me for money or cigarettes.

Check-In: My room had been reserved, and check-in was pretty quick and simple. Check-out was equally efficient. The staff was not overly friendly, but was courteous, attentive and quick.

My room: All rooms are floor level, and you can park right in front of your door. I probably should hike a few flights of stairs, but I must admit that I was happy that I didn’t have to for a change. I stayed on a Sunday and Monday night in room 402?

The room itself was clean throughout and odor-free with plenty of lighting. There were no bugs. It was nicely painted, furnished and had clean carpet. The bathroom and sink area were all clean and tidy. The bed was comfortable, I thought, but my companion choose to sleep on the pull-out due to disagreement with the bed. The TV had several channels which came in clearly, and the TV remote worked well.

When taking a shower, I was happy that the water temperature was hot enough for my taste; however, the pressure wasn't very strong. The shower head was positioned fairly low, so as a 6’ 3” tall man, I had to duck-down to get my hair, a minor inconvenience. The shower was adequate to get the job done. The AC worked very well and wasn't loud.

The room included a nice cold refrigerator and microwave, which are absolutely money saving convenience features for me. If I'm staying more than a day, I really like to go to the grocery store and buy a few things at a sane price to stock the room-fridge, rather than eating out every meal. There is a Kroger 2.8 miles from the hotel, and a Walmart 4.5 miles away.

Regular housekeeping is conducted. Although I elected to pass on room keeping, it was offered, and a friendly maid supplied fresh towels and supplied a few extra trash-bags on request.

Coffee, But No Breakfast: As mentioned, this hotel had VERY low rates, so I was not dissatisfied to find that no type of breakfast was served during my stay. There was free coffee, though. It was hot and tasted good, so I made full use of this free, delicious, feature.

Overall Impression: All in all, my stay was peaceful and quiet without any negative aspects to report. I enjoyed my stay and plan to stay again when I return to Atlanta area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Dear viewers,

If you're thinking of checking into this hotel, RUUUUUNNNNN! Go somewhere else where you feel appreciated and welcomed by the staff. I just came from the front office today and spoke to the manager. I was trying my best to explain paying for an additional week on my church pastor's behalf and he got upset saying "We don't take payments over the phone!" "I'm going by the rules!" "I don't want to talk to that person over the phone!" "He needs to come here and talk to me!" He was so rude, I could not believe it! He said a lot have done the same thing, but I'm not them. I am an honest person that wants to be treated with respect! Then there is a girl on the staff with a slight nonchalant attitude, but she's alright.

My family and I was moved three times, because of the conditions we saw and smelled. . . Holes in the wall, the odor smelled like gym socks, stains on mattress, a roach, dead waterbug on the ceiling someone killed, & a door someone can easily access. No key card needed. Just turn the handle and walk right on in! DANGEROUS!

Then the people here. Beware! Lurking outside at 2 in the morning. Loud music, screaming, talking while others are trying to wind down. Scary looking people, all kinds of people on this property. I don't feel safe here.

Then the cheap drying dryers. Took 3 hours for my clothes to completely dry and I spent over $1.50!

Bottom line. . . DO NOT STAY HERE JUST TO SAVE A FEW DOLLARS IN YOUR POCKET. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH BETTER VALUE OVERALL. THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS AND HARDLY GETTING ANY BUSINESS. GO FREAKING FIGURE! ! ! RIDICULOUS ON MOTHER'S DAY AND I'M STILL GOING TO ENJOY MY DAY!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank GaPeachJoy1986
Stone Mountain
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The staff was very nice but I felt uncomfortable to stay here. They were prostitutes hanging out front and people just loitering every where. Had I been by myself I would not have stayed. We had to check into two separate rooms. The first room the air was broke. Did not work at all. So they moved us to a second room at no charge which should have been done so I was pleased with that. The second room had paper behind the night stand, the front door had corosion at the bottom of it so I felt like someone could easily break in if they wanted to, there was holes in the wall, the cable went out a few times during our stay (the one night), and I noticed the picture behind us where we layed our heads at night was tilted. I had to move it so it was straight and I was afraid it would fall while we slept. The only goos thing was the friendly staff and their wanting to resolve issues in a timely manner. They were fixing the air in the first room when we were leaving the next morning.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Norcross hotels

Negril, Jamaica
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Room was HORRIBLE, I immediately inspected the room, stale nasty odor, dirty mattress) the state of which, made me think of BED BUGS) & DIRTY microwave. Spoke to the Mgr and person at front desk. EXTREMELY RUDE!! These people have NO concept of customer service. Left IMMEDIATELY after don't care attitude from Mgr. No refund, as reservations were done online, I was sorely tempted to call the cops. DO NOT STAY HERE. It should be called "KNIGHTMARE INN".

Room Tip: Make sure you check mattresses and bathrooms, checking the bathrooms, can tell you, almost immediate...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Toledo
Reviewed 22 July 2012

The mattresses were dirty, the walls were filthy, and found cockroaches!!! We didn't stay! Unfortunately booked online so we didn't get our money back. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2012

The front desk guy had difficulty with comprehending English. Room very dated, it just seemed dirty/filthy but was not visibly except for cigarette burns etc. We did have a microwave and refrigerator which was helpful. I used almost a whole can of lysol on spraying it everywhere. Someone else I was traveling with me had already paid for these rooms through hotwire and I couldn't get out of it without losing money, therefore I stayed. Would not have ever chose such a place to stay!

• Stayed May 2012