“Amazing” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Austin, Texas
“Amazing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

When I arrived at this wonderful hotel I immediately notice it was being renovated. The front desk clerk had amazing customer service skills and she was very helpful. The lobby was very homewarming and the room was spectacular. I was put in the new room on the 3rd floor and it had hardwood floor, a nice big pillowtop bed, and a flat screen T.V. I loved my stay there and will return to this location everytime I come to Georgia.

Room Tip: Ask for a new room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Second visit to this motel. What a change. new outside color, new parking lot with LED light, Beautiful landscaping, Brand new lobby, New room with LED TV, new wood floor, Brand new bathroom with plenty hot water. Very nice coffee in morning

Room Tip: Ask for 3rfd floor room all 3rd floor rooms are newly renovated
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 0123rsmith
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

I relied on reviews on this very site before choosing this motel for one night. Double bed for two adults and a small dog. The most recent review was from a gentleman who rated the motel 10 out of 10 for cleanliness. I DON'T GET IT! From the moment I walked into the disheveled lobby to when I opened the door to the room, the place is dirty. Smelled funny in the hallway and some in the room too. I could detect an odor probably from renovations I assume might be going on in parts of the complex, but most of the smell was just funky- not from any work being done. The rugs were filthy, corners of room have not seen a vacuum in a long time. I immediately checked the beds for bugs. Did not find any - I just hope my search was thorough enough. The lights over the beds did not work. I had to plug the cord in - the cord is not even in the metal covering that runs up the wall to the lamps. That was broken off and leaning against the wall. The pillows looked like they had been cut in half and then put in pillow slips. No frills at all - no coffee maker, microwave, and a color TV that seems to be mostly one color - green. Bedspreads had holes in them. Bathtub had large cracked area in the bottom. Ceiling had stain from a leak, most likely. If I were not so tired and did not have an elderly guest and a dog with me, I would have just left and found another motel. Just down the street, next to the Waffle House, is a place called Guest Inn that looks real nice. I don't understand how this Motel 6 could ever have received some of the positive reviews that I read. Perhaps there are parts of the complex that have been renovated and the rooms are clean and nice, but in the building were we stayed (the one closest to the street) all I can say is smelly and dirty.I will say the girl at the front desk was friendly and helpful. But I won't stay here again, and I certainly will not trust reviews from this site as blindly as I did planning this trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dana M
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

This hotel is extremely clean, and deserves to get a 10/10. Staff was friendly and accommodating, on top of that they have a swimming pool!!! What more can you ask for. I felt like at home, everything needed was within 2 minutes walk. There are so many good family restaurants and Walmart nearby, movie theaters are very close by and there is huge shopping strip in the vicinity. This time when I arrived, I saw that the hotel was under renovation and they seem to have been doing a great job at it. They have installed hardwood floors, new pillow top beds and new decor. The hotel looks fabulous from the looks of it. It is very conveniently located, and the whole staff was very friendly also. Especially, front desk clerk was extremely cheerful. I would definitely come back and stay at this hotel. It was a home away from home!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hardik M
Mcdonough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I always stay at choice hotels,yet this time when i was in north side of atlanta i tried this Motel 6 in Norcross GA. one They are doing renovation with the hotel inside out, whick looks really good what other Motel 6 or economoy brand chain. Secondly, i Had brand new room, the only thing was missing Flat screen TV. Upon my check out i had a good chat with the gentelman who was in office mention me that the 40' flat screen are comming very soon. I only paid 40.00 plus, but i had new clean and fresh room. check in and check out remind me morelike i m at Comfort Inn which i normally stay in. Nearby hotel they have pleanty family resturant as well fastfood.Third the location is really good to go to around Metro Atlanta.

Room Tip: Friendly staff, New & clean room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I travel for business approx. 85% and my company keeps me on a tight budget. This hotel allows me to have an safe place to stay at an affordable price. When I stay at the Ritz I expect Ritz service. When I stay overnight at Motel 6 for a quick business stop I do not expect great service but you guys shocked me again. Thanks for the service

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Thomas7233
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

The 1st thing we noticed after negotiating the winding, uphill driveway was the waterless outdoor swimming pool & some exterior doors that were only flapping polyethylene sheets. Upon check-in (6/5), we were unable to have a previously requested 1st floor room & the printer wasn't working, so we could not have a receipt. The clerk seemed to have an ESL problem, so communication with the pleasant, young lady was minimal & was an issue. The lobby smelled funny: oppressively warm, sweet & orange. There were lots of middle-aged, ethnic people hanging around the lobby seating & the entrance way, which appeared to be the only path to the clunky elevator & to our 2nd floor room. As we entered, an elderly man was having trouble controlling his big dog. When we lugged our suitcases from the parking lot, our usually obedient dog balked at getting into the elevator-an omen. Our room's view overlooked a back driveway, instead of the front parking lot. We prefer being able to view our car, which is usually fully loaded when we travel. Much of the interior areas were going to be painted, so painters were present with a mess of supplies 2 doors from our room. While we were inside inspecting our room, some man banged on our door, calling out: "BILL? Bill! Bill! BILL?" 15 or 20 times, while stopping at doors up & down the hallway. The non-smoking room's bedspread had a half dozen quarter-size cigarette burns & the corner of the room had a couple of left-over BUD bottle caps. The 2 white hand-towels had light yellow smudges on their face, like they weren't dirty enough to wash, or maybe to bleach. The sink faucet hardly turned, so running water was diminished. We laughed when we saw the complementary plastic cups carried the Holiday Inn logo. Leaving for dinner an hour later, we felt uncomfortable about security, so we left only minimal belongings in the room. At 10:03 PM, the dog-walking man banged on our door until we opened it. Despite the fact that he was a stranger & that we were dressed for bed, he stood in our doorway begging us to recharge his cell phone! We slept poorly & vacated as soon as we woke up. We have stayed at many excellent Motel 6 locations & chose this one, because of the 4 recent Trip Advisor reviews. This location is at the end of a steep driveway in an industrial area with an extremely busy, multi-laned highway as the front boundary. We cannot imagine walking for 2 minutes along the highway to go ANYWHERE, did not see the "wonderful breakfast" mentioned, found only a waterless swimming pool, & did not see the cleanliness or feel the safe/secure environment mentioned in reviews. This location, like some of the others we have stayed at, seems to cater to "long term" renters, who interfere with the security, privacy, & professionalism that most travelers expect in an overnight stay. If this hotel is the "Best hotel in town", then this motel cannot be the same one that we stayed at.

Room Tip: If the place feels creepy, go with your gut-feeling & find another place for the night.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple