“Good stay need a little more cleaning”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Houston, Texas
“Good stay need a little more cleaning”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Nice location with plenty to do. Great customer service. The room was not really clean. Few stains on the way, bathroom had a some hair, the bed had some hair but the bed was comfortable and pillows they put you right to sleep.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I decided to stay here after reading mostly good reviews on tripadvisor. Upon arrival, the front desk clerk was very friendly and got us checked in quickly, even though their computers were down. They put us in room 321 next to the elevator. I was concerned, but decided to at least try it. The room was clean and and the furnishings were fine. We had some problems with the shower valve. It seems that if you turn it to where it says hot, it comes out cold. If you move the handle a little bit toward cold, it got hot. I saw this mentioned in another review also. We figured out how to work it after 2 lukewarm showers.
The next morning, we went to the breakfast area at 8:45 am to discover most of the food was gone. It said that they served breakfast until 9:30. There didn't seem to be anyone taking care of the breakfast area. I went to the front desk and asked the man there if there would be any more food put out. He went right over and started to work on it. After 10 minutes, he brought out some doughnuts and muffins and some chicken nuggets. Didn't see him again for 10 more minutes. We gave up and decided to go to Denny's. When we returned an hour later, we saw 3 workers in the breakfast area cleaning up.
Later that night, we returned to our room at 11:15 pm to see the most bizarre thing I've ever seen at a hotel. There was a housekeeper cleaning a room near ours. She was dressed in her housekeeper uniform with the whole cart in the hallway. Who cleans rooms at a time when other guests might be sleeping?
The next morning, we went down to breakfast. It was slightly better this time, but not much. They had sausage links, eggs and 1 French toast stick. The lady did come out with more French toast on 2 occasions while we were there. The fruit salad looked to be totally rotten. I should have taken a picture, but didn't think about it at the time. They also had fresh fruit that was completely rotten.
I would have moved to a different hotel, but most rooms in the area were booked this weekend.
I have stayed in several Country Inns before. I would never return to this one. It's more on par with a Days Inn, which I stopped going to over 15 years ago.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rob19682014
GANCROSS, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Norcross, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I am very sorry for the inconvenience during your stay. We work very hard to extend best possible stay for all our guests. We do our best to offer our guests most caring, comfortable & pleasant stay. When we fail, we identify the gaps and promptly fix all that is within our control. Breakfast surely is one of the important contributor in the guest experience.

I would like to connect with you directly and discuss this matter. I hope you will spare few minutes and contact me. If you return to this area, I would love for you to give us another chance to host you and exceed your expectations.

With Wishes,
Manish
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We can not thank the owner/manager, Manish enough for his excellent hospitality. My family was staying in town for a national baseball tournament, and Manish was instrumental in helping to coordinate our stay, being the liaison between the team & the tournament's booking company, including calling me back during off hours from his personal cell phone just to update me. When my wife & son arrived, they were warmly welcomed by Manish and the hotel staff. All aspects of the facility were fantastic, and live up to the on-line details & photos. Thanks for making our family feel at home, even though we were many miles away!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Craig G
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

All I can say of your establishment is that I enjoyed it! It was all that I expected and more.

The rooms were spotless, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast was good. The staff were friendly, and efficient.

It would be my pleasure to stay with you every time I return to Atlanta!

Room Tip: I preferred the room away from Jimmy Carter Blvd. And I could not hear the traffic.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John R
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great place to stay. Rooms were nice, staff is very friendly.
I was on business trip there, and it was very comfortable and pleasant stay.
Definitely recommend Country Inn & Suites Norcross. And ladies if you are traveling alone for business, its very safe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Shilpa P
Albany, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel about three days ago and was very disappointed. My friend and I attended a service that was located near the hotel. The hotel was very loud with people talking in the hallway. The air unit did not work very well and the sofa bed was hard as a rock. The breakfast was very disappointing (chicken nuggets and eggs). However, the hotel clerk was very friendly. I am not sure what her name is, but I do remember she had just moved in the area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Beatrice W
Pickerington, OH
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was visiting Norcross/Atlanta recently on business for a few nights and had to stay over for another night. Unfortunately, the Hyatt Place in Norcross (where I had stayed for two nights) didn't have a room available on short notice.

I was able to book a room at 4 in the afternoon for that evening online using one of the services linked here. I made my way over to the hotel, was greeted by a friendly desk clerk and checked in.

The hotel is your average business-class hotel. Decor and furnishings are a bit dated, but still comfortable. The one weird thing about the room was the plumbing -- I had a hard time figuring out if there was a hot water at first. I almost called the front desk to complain, then played with the handles and figured out they were reversed! The strangest thing I've seen in a hotel for awhile.

The morning breakfast was okay, not quite up to par with some of the other chains. From my perspective, these places always have too much bread + sweets and not enough protein. The next morning, I had a couple of eggs (not sure how to describe how they were cooked, sort of like the egg on an Egg McMuffin) and a cup of coffee. They still have only small styrofoam cups for coffee (seems everyone else has Starbucks style cups now, a bit bigger with a sippy cover) so not too convenient to take a cup with me.

The only other thing I didn't like about the hotel was its location, compared to the Hyatt Place. Jimmy Carter Blvd is just off the interstate, surrounded by auto parts stores and fast food places. It's certainly convenient, but not the most pleasant surroundings.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room off the back of the hotel, or a room on the 2nd floor. I was in room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business