“GREAT AUTHENIC ITIALIAN LIKE GRAND MOM MADE”
Review of La Nonna's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

La Nonna's Italian Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The inspiration for La Nonna was my mother. La Nonna, in Italian, means grandma. Everyone, friends and family alike, called her Nonna or grandma. She was at her best on holidays when all our friends and family would gather at our home. She would get up at 5 in the morning to start making tomato sauce, baking bread and making her famous homemade pasta as her mother had done before her. She was born in 1921, in Durazzano, a small town just north east of Naples. She mastered the old world recipes that her mother passed on to her, everything from picking the best tomatoes for the marinara sauce to making wonderful Italian pastries. My in inspiration for creating La Nonna's Italian Restaurant is to share her wonderful food with everyone.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a single family run restaurant. The food is like grand mother use to cook. The garlic rolls are excellent. Any dish will be most outstanding.. You will be more than satisfied. The lunch buffet Tuesday thru Friday is an excellent buy. Try it you will like it as much as I have.

1  Thank thomaswarrenent1701

Reviewed 25 June 2014

By far, this is my favorite Italian Restaurant. I love the entire La Nonna's staff.
I will miss both the fresh homemade delicious food they serve as well as the impeccable service the staff provides.
If you never had an opportunity to visit this establishment, you missed out. If you did, you know why I am so sad.
I bid you all a Fond Farewell.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

What kind of Italian restaurant serves potatoes instead of pasta? The wait was long, food boring, waitstaff not knowledgable. Will not be back.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I am seriously bummed my husband and I didn't find this place sooner. The restaurant is very nice with pretty decor. We had some garlic rolls to start. They came with a cup if marinara which was perfect (and I am very picky!) We had the rustic lasagna and baked ziti and spent as much time eating off each other's plate as our own. The lasagna is meaty and cheesy and delicious. The baked ziti has a meaty sauce mixed with ricotta and topped with mozzarella. We thoroughly used enjoyed the food and the service was great. The only downfall is we overheard the owner saying they are closing on June 29th and a waitress confirmed it. So sad that they are closing when we just found them!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

See title, that says it all. Food was great and has been every time we have gone. Wine is good and service is always good.