“So disappointed.”

Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Taqueria del Mar is a fast casual grill and bar featuring fresh, fast, affordable southwestern cuisine with hand crafted margaritas, cocktails, beer and wine. Located in Peachtree Corners, Georgia (formerly Norcross, GA) - we are open 7 days a week for lunch, dinner and brunch - served all day every day.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was terrible.

I have never. I mean ever. written a bad review for a restaurant. It was that bad.
I'll start by saying that I am not a high maintnence person and rarely eats out. My husband wanted to take me out to somewhere that was new to us with high hopes that it would be a good restaurant to add to our rotation. We were actually told that it was not good but wanted to give a try regardless as it's relatively new to our area.

1) Two waitresses for the entire restaurant (on a Saturday night at 7). Our waitress began our meal with a sour puss attitude. I guess I understand she was stressed as she had atleast 6-7 large tables to wait on.
2) No salsa- unless you wanted to buy a 'salsa trio' and we had to ask for chips.
3) Margaritas were OK.
4) DO NOT eat the mango salsa. Unless you want to eat who-knows-how-many-days-old-mushy- fish and mango.
5) Ended up buying "cheese dip" since there was no salsa.
1st bowl- had a film on top and was room temp. So I waited to ask the waitress to warm it up. She didn't come back so I walked up to the bar and asked the manager to warm it.
2nd bowl- after I walked up to the bar (for the second time wondering where my warmed up cheese dip was!) he handed it to me. Was it warm?? Not even close. He MIGHT have put it in the microwave for 10 seconds.
6) Main dish- Fish tacos EW! Brisket tacos EW! Enchilada was somewhat edible (the only thing either of us ate). My husband disagrees and says that it wasn't edible.

We were so disappointed and still hungry that we actually left ($45 later) and went to our favorite Mexican restaurant down the street where we spent another $20 and had great food and service.

I am in serious disbelief at the previous reviewers raving about how good it was. I am seriously not a picky eater or person in general and could not eat any of it.

Bottom line-
HORRIBLE food. I mean bad, real bad.
Slow service.
Service with attitude.

I feel sorry for whoever invested in this poor restaurant. They need to go on restaurant impossible and have that big bad british man teach them how to cook.

~Brittany and Justin (avid Mexican eaters in Peachtree Corners)

3  Thank Justin Q
There are newer reviews for Taqueria del Mar

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a must try. You will not be disappointed. Consistenty good every time. We go every chance we have, you will too.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We live in the area, and eat here about every month. Find the food to be outstanding (especially the corn chowder and the tacos!), and the environment to be both friendly and interesting.

Service can be a bit slow during busy hours, so if it's crowded, have your order ready to go. And if you are in a hurry, ask for your check early.

Overall, I'd highly recommend Taqueria as a casual place to enjoy good food, and experience what Peachtree Corners at its best.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The best thing to hit Gwinnett County in long time. Delicious unique tacos, you have to try the shrimp, fried chicken and the brisket. Get the special so you can try them all. Their homemade ice cream is refreshing. Really I can't find enough good things to say about Taqueria del Mar! You have to try it for yourself. So what are you waiting for - go now.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Very yummy, great service and atmosphere. Fish tacos are scrumptious and their side dish of kale is delicious. Nice diversion from your average Mexican fare. The owner is always there and he's super friendly and helpful in making good choices.

1  Thank alisad10

Been to Taqueria del Mar? Share your experiences!