“Good place for a family meal”

JR's Log House Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 328 Restaurants in Norcross
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good place for a family meal”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Large variety of food. Good for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Good Brunswick stew and barbeque.

Visited October 2013

Snellville, Georgia
“Food OK but service was amaturish”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stopped in for breakfast this morning and was looking forward to some southern style dishes. We stood at the sign that indicated to "wait for hostess for seating" for several minutes and finally a young lady took us to our table. Not many people eating breakfast (it was 10am) so not busy at all. Only one other table of 5 people near our table and I could see they were nearly finished.

After several more minutes, a young lady came and got our drink orders of coffee and water. After about 5 more minutes, the coffee and water arrived and we placed our food order. My wife gave her order first. Then the waitress turned to me and asked "and you"? I told her my order and she was writing it down. She stopped and asked me "and you said two eggs?" I repeated my full order once again which included that I wanted three eggs over easy and rye toast.

About 10 minutes later, we got our plates with the eggs and meat and she asked if we needed anything else. My wife asked her about the bread. She apologized and went off to get it. She came back with my wife's biscuits and some blueberry muffins. I asked her about my Rye toast and she acted like she just brought the basket while she was waiting on the toast order. I know she forgot all about the Rye toast because it was several more minutes before I finally got the toast.

All and all she made three trips back and forth before she got our order correct.

While all this was going on I saw that the five people at the table next to us was trying to get her attention so she could bring them more coffee. They had to call her several different times as she did not offer any coffee warm ups. While she brought their coffee refills, she passed right by us with a full pot and did not offer any refills. Finally after finishing our food she came to get the dishes out of the way and we had to asked her to bring us more coffee. She never volunteered any refills at any time during our meal.

Waitress was very friendly but was obviously NOT well trained on how to service customers. I was embarrassed for her and will probably not revisit this restaurant again.

• Visited October 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“BBQ, yum”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Tried their BBQ sandwhich and potato salad and slaw. Everything was delicious. The potato salad was to die for. Would highly recommend this place. Waiter was nice, restaurant was clean and in a good area.

• Visited September 2013
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

In town on business. Hotels free breakfast was not much. I had seen this place across the highway when I checked in do I thought I would go there for breakfast. I ordered 2 pancakes bacon and oj. Waitress said you probably only want 1 pancake as it is big. She was right. Huge pancake that tasted awesome. Bacon was perfect. I bet all the meals are great. Old log cabin type place. Next time I'm close ill go again.

• Visited February 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Food, Fast Service”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Great place for breakfast. Try the blueberry muffins. We ate there three of the four days we were there. Very friendly waitresses in a family style restaurant.

Visited July 2013