“Yuk”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
“Yuk”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This place is always packed at breakfast. Curious, and wanting some good local BBQ, I decided to try it for dinner.
Service - barely average
Food -beef brisket could pass as a piece of leather from an old shoe - dry and blah. There was only once choice of sauces - the vinegar kind which I do not like. The waitress brought me some honey and sugar and said I could mix my own. Maybe the pork is better but I don't eat pork so I will never know nor do I care.
Really dissappointing and a waste of money. I did complain but nothing was done except an unapoligetic "sorry".
Won't be going back to this place which is a shame since it's less than 3 miles from my house.

• Visited May 2014

“Best Lunch Ever!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stopped in in early January for lunch. The place was packed but my BBQ chicken, squash casserole and beans came right out and tasted great. Also came with corn bread and garlic bread on the side.
The service is great and you may see somebody famous.

• Visited January 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good place for a family meal”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Large variety of food. Good for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. Good Brunswick stew and barbeque.

Visited October 2013
Snellville, Georgia
“Food OK but service was amaturish”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stopped in for breakfast this morning and was looking forward to some southern style dishes. We stood at the sign that indicated to "wait for hostess for seating" for several minutes and finally a young lady took us to our table. Not many people eating breakfast (it was 10am) so not busy at all. Only one other table of 5 people near our table and I could see they were nearly finished.

After several more minutes, a young lady came and got our drink orders of coffee and water. After about 5 more minutes, the coffee and water arrived and we placed our food order. My wife gave her order first. Then the waitress turned to me and asked "and you"? I told her my order and she was writing it down. She stopped and asked me "and you said two eggs?" I repeated my full order once again which included that I wanted three eggs over easy and rye toast.

About 10 minutes later, we got our plates with the eggs and meat and she asked if we needed anything else. My wife asked her about the bread. She apologized and went off to get it. She came back with my wife's biscuits and some blueberry muffins. I asked her about my Rye toast and she acted like she just brought the basket while she was waiting on the toast order. I know she forgot all about the Rye toast because it was several more minutes before I finally got the toast.

All and all she made three trips back and forth before she got our order correct.

While all this was going on I saw that the five people at the table next to us was trying to get her attention so she could bring them more coffee. They had to call her several different times as she did not offer any coffee warm ups. While she brought their coffee refills, she passed right by us with a full pot and did not offer any refills. Finally after finishing our food she came to get the dishes out of the way and we had to asked her to bring us more coffee. She never volunteered any refills at any time during our meal.

Waitress was very friendly but was obviously NOT well trained on how to service customers. I was embarrassed for her and will probably not revisit this restaurant again.

• Visited October 2013
Roanoke, Virginia
“BBQ, yum”
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Tried their BBQ sandwhich and potato salad and slaw. Everything was delicious. The potato salad was to die for. Would highly recommend this place. Waiter was nice, restaurant was clean and in a good area.

• Visited September 2013