“Dirty Sheets”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Duncanville, Texas
“Dirty Sheets”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

The room was not clean and the night manager seemed unconcerned regarding the complaint. We had reserved a room with 2 double beds but when we arrived we had a king room for three. even when we were shown to a new room when we found stains on the sheets they were unapologetic.

Room Tip: Check the Sheets before you get into bed.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry we were not able to accomodate your request for two double beds. We work very hard to try and fulfill all requests for bed types but unfortuntely we are not always able. Also I am very sorry there was an issue with the sheets in the new room. I know how frustrating it can be after a long trip... and all you want to do is relax... to have to deal with a less than perfect hotel experience.

Please let us know when your travels will again bring you to the Norcross area and I will personally make sure you have an excellent stay with us and thank you again for taking the time to offer this valuable information. I will defintely make sure we use it as a training tool to improve our team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel on July 20th. The front desk staff were very rude.
I booked 2 rooms. One of the rooms patio door lock did not work and I went to the front desk as complained. After 20 mins they inspected it and told us that it's not fixable. I asked them to change the room and I was told that they don't have any more rooms and they offered me to change one room to another hotel. I asked them to move both the rooms if they can to another 4 start or move one room to the hotel right across which is a 2.5 star (down grade). They did not offer to do either.

When I told him that I wanted to talk to the manager, he lied saying that he was the manager. Then, I asked him to give me the customer service number for Marriott and he told me that he doesn't know the customer service number. When I asked his name, he was silent and would not answer. After haggling for an hour in the middle of the night (12:00PM - 1:00AM), he got hold of an engineer and he pointed out that there was a lock bar hidden behind the curtains and that solved the problem. But, I lost 2 hours of sleep. Overall a terrible experience and I don't recommend this place to anyone just because of the rude front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing your feedback and to say how disappointed I was to hear that you had a bad expereince while at the hotel. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be if it is late and you just want to get a good restful nights sleep and you have to deal with an issue like this. I had our Engineering staff inspect atll the rooms on the garden level with sliding doors to ensure all the locks are in working order and also have met with the staff member involved to discuss how this situation might have been handled a bit better.

Please reach out if your travels bring you back to the Norcross area and I will make sure you are able to experience what I feel is the more typical stay at our hotel.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at the hotel during a long business trip and as a single female traveler I wanted to make sure I stay at a property where I felt safe and secure. This was the perfect place! The property is older but very, very well maintained with all the amenities one would expect – pool, sauna, exercise room, restaurant and bar on the premises. The rooms are very comfortable, clean with excellent beds. But what made it unbelievable was the staff! What a great group of people – all dedicated professionals ready to do everything they can (and often time going far and beyond) to accommodate everyone and make your stay very pleasant. From the general manager to the front desk staff led by Richard, the housekeeping staff not to mention the shuttle drivers, Edward and Roy everybody is committed to make your stay a memorable one. The hotel caters to business travelers and offer free shuttle service for 5 miles radius morning and evening if you don’t want to drive (I didn’t)and the hotel is in a great neighborhood (lots of shopping and eating choices close by). Will definitely go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to give us this delightful feedback. We are not the newest Marriott but we do work awfully hard to make sure the hotel is clean and safe and that our staff always goes the extra mile to take care of our guests. I will personally pass on your comments to our entire team and I kow it will put a big smile on their face!

Please come back and visit soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was very tired when I arrived. After having been out and aboutAtlanta all day. Check in was easy and the clerk was very upbeat and fast. The room was very nice and the bedding was great. It looked so inviting. It beckoned me to get in right away. This hotel has many amenties that were located on the floor I stayed on. Very clean and pristine. I did not feel I had to use the disinfectant spray, I always carry with me. This hotel stay was very quiet, which I really like. Kudos to Marriott for the great experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank so much for taking the time to give feedback about your stay at the hotel and for choosing our hotel. I hope when your travels bring you back to the Norcross area again you will again let us provide you with a home away form home.

Warm regards
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I purchased my stay from Marriott's web site as a Package; that included breakfast for 2 Adults and Kids under 12. unfortunately, I didn't realize that the email confirmation didn't mentioned kids until I reached the hotel. On the night of actual stay, the front desk person made me realize it big time. according to him, It was not a policy of the hotel to offer free breakfast to kids. He even claimed there are no such packages. After 15-20 minutes of agonizing confrontation, I could finally show him the package still available on their website (on my tablet I was carrying).
Here is even further horrible thing.
After my stay, I got email asking for my feedback. I gave them feedback as I thought it was worth. A Manager named Nick (I think that was the name.. it was little hard to catch his name) called me up and aasked me to recount the story. After I told him what happened once again, He accepted that this shouldn't have happened and he would send me a free night stay as compensation for my inconvinience. However, it is almost a month since then, I haven't got anything yet.

So in my opinion, this place has no ethics and no respect for guests. They behave as if they are doing some kind of favor to guest by giving them room to stay. if you are ready to be treated like trash, you can consider going there. I probably wouldn't go there again - even if it comes free.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
I was so sorry to hear that our hotel failed to deliver on a promise we made. I remember exactly when this happened and Nick did talk to me about it. We used to the opportunity as a training tool for our Front Desk about the Stay for Breakfast Package. I will personally follow up on your night's stay to make sure it is delivered.
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed here with a BIG group of people. We had many teenagers, kids, and adults stay here throughout a 9 day span. They accommodated us with everything we would need. When I left the hotel to go back to Kansas City I accidentally left a hard drive behind at the hotel. This hard drive was VERY important to my work and worth a lot of money. As soon as I found out I left it I called them up and talked to the housekeeping head, cant remember what his name was, but he was very professional in making sure that it was my hard drive then proceeded to ask me what he would like him to do with it. He gave it to Terrance also a very nice employee at the front desk, and luckily a friend picked it up for me. Throughout the whole process, this hotel was amazing and very professional, will def. stay here again! Great location! Great Staff!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Roger F, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to tell everyone about your experience at our hotel. I am biased but I do think we have an outstanding staff. I am so glad we were able to recover your hard drive. I can imagine how anxious you were when you discovered it missing. Please come back and stay with us again soon!
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I most always stay at Marriott properties when available. This was a good location for my overnight purpose but well below par. Old, dated and in need of a big facelift, this was overpriced for the condition. Would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2013
I was really disappointed that out hotel did not meet your expectations. We are not the newest Marriott but hopefully the staff was able to provide you with a warm and friendly stay. I am excited to say we are about to undergo a complete renovation. If I can be of any assistance if your travels bring you back to the Atlanta area please don;t hesitate to reach out. I'll be happy to help with our hotel ot any other Marriott product in the Atlanta area.