“very very disappointed”

Araamda Inn Norcross
Ranked #27 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have stayed in several hotels, but I have never stayed somewhere that I have to leave my identification up front in order to get a iron. We paid 200.00 to be disappointed. The shower not working good, we will not recommend this hotel to anyone. People hanging out front like it's a family function. Whatever you do, please don't come here.

Sincerely yours
A mad black man

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Milton q

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My Husband and I Booked a Hotel thru Expedia and had the Misfortune of being given The Rite4us hotel on their Best Deals listing. It's the HOTEL FROM HELL ! I would rather stay at the Bates Motel ! The Room was oddly arranged - TV is on the wall directly facing the Divider between the Bedroom area and a Mirror wall area. So it is Awkward viewing. The Microwave was dirty, the Bathroom old and outdated the refrigerator froze everything in it - The Light Fixture fell out of the ceiling onto my head - There seemed to be an awful lot of people Loitering around the Halls and Parking lot. Did not feel SAFE at all. It was very noisy, just unpleasant in general. The Staff were NOT courteous, when I alerted them to the Light Fixture she acted like she couldn't be bothered.To make matters worse we left a couple items in the room when we checked out. I called the Hotel the next Day when I realized our mistake and was told the Items had been found by Housekeeping and had been placed in the Hotel safe. Called the next day to arrange a time to come pick up, and was told they did not have any one there at the time authorized to open the safe. Called the next Day was told the same - again and again and again! Frustrated we went over to the Hotel today, only to be told by a Very Surly Manager that they had no idea what I was talking about ! We have a log of phone calls spanning a 2 week period spoke to at least three different Staff Members, yet they all claimed that there was nothing in the safe and that they had not spoken with us. Long Story Short...we had to call the Police and file a theft report. This Hotel is Seedy !!!!!!

Room Tip: Choose Another Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amelia w
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Pros: Don't have to sleep outside, flatscreen Telly

Cons: Dirty, Halls/Rooms smell like weed, creepy guests walking around, sketchy location, hosted a loud party with loud music, messed up reservation (asked for two beds only got one with no hope of discount), Staff unprofessional, beds uncomfortable, towels like sandpaper, sketchy parking lot, overpriced.

I'm really not picky, however this place was unacceptable for the price.

Room Tip: Nothing to add.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank moviefan1790 .
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel was very dirty and smelled very bad, doors slamming all night, and kids running up and down hallways. Front desk personnel was very unprofessional giving outsiders that were not guest the room numbers and act like they didnt know anything when you talk to them . Was at hotel for one week and they only cleand the room once. When I called front desk for a washcloth and towel I was told that they had nothing but 1 towel and that I would have to wait til next afternoon to get. Be very careful when staying at this place. I also noticed that when I would lay in the bed I would have red marks on me and itching very bad. Oh! You may not want to use credit card. Pay cash because they will get you. If you want to stay in a safe place dont stay here. You will regret it. Also noticed alot of prostitutes and smelled marijuana all through hotel. JUST A HEADS UP!! PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: FAIR WARNING!!! Do not stay @ this hotel!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ariana N
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Garbage hotel: room smelled stale; hair found between sheets & when we told the front desk clerk he commented that they never have this problem with their sheets then proceeds to go to another room, take sheets off bed & give them to us to make our own bed; bathroom ceiling had mildew on it; chair at table covered in various stains; overheard front desk clerk telling another guest that he couldn't have a guest past 11p then when he tried to get his $ back to go elsewhere the guest was told he had been in the room 15 min & couldn't get his $ back; there was trash piled in front of the side door to enter the hallway closest to our room; bath towels were small & thin...bath mat no bigger than a hand towel; cats eating of trash in parking lot; no iron in room...requires picture ID to be left at front desk to check out an iron; fridge & microwave so small and the fridge wasn't even cold...both were just placed on the floor at the foot of the bed. We definitely will not stay here again... I'd rather sleep in the car! You know it's bad when kids state "I thought we were going to stay somewhere nicer"! AVOID THIS HOTEL IF YOU CAN! The only reason we remained there is b/c we booked it thru hotels.com & would've loss $ by not staying there.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DBowie80
Reviewed 9 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I only stayed for a night, but was able to book last minute, the room was SUPER spacious and definitely what I needed. Surrounded by other hotels but this place is nice enough and cheaper. All I needed was a place to rest my head for minimal money and this place was perfect!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo