“Older appearing Red Roof; fair price; pet friendly”

Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross
Ranked #23 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Dayton, Ohio
“Older appearing Red Roof; fair price; pet friendly”
Reviewed 16 November 2011

If you're looking for a four or five star hotel; keep moving. (I know I say that a lot in these reviews, but some people seem to think a budget hotel should be just like a four or five star hotel.) If you need a pet-friendly or budget hotel in the Duluth or Norcross area, keep reading.

This Red Roof is located about 1 minute off I-285's Exit 101 at Indian Trail-Lilburn Road in Norcross, Georgia. We spent back-to-back Friday and Saturday nights there and found it to be an older appearing Red Roof with a fair price. It is located in what seems to be an office park-industrial park sort of neighborhood. (The hotel area is reasonably safe. Don't go wandering into the area a few blocks north at night unless you are fluent in foreign languages and experienced in handling yourself with street people.)

They were in the process of swapping out old style CRT TVs for flat screens the day we departed. The furniture was a bit worn and the mattress could have been firmer, but the room and bathroom were clean. When we asked for extra towels, we were handed an armful on the spot.

This is one of the few pet friendly hotels we found in the Duluth and Norcross areas. There is only one restaurant in the area, a Waffle House about 300 feet down and across the street.

The staff is very friendly as is the weekend night security guard. When we found a problem with a water leak from the room above our original room, the staff instantly assigned us to another room. That's exactly the kind of response you want when something goes wrong.

You may want to bring along a traveler's bottle of shampoo if you don't like fooling around with the Red Roof "foil envelope" of shampoo. (I don't know how else to describe it, but you get the idea.)

Bottom line: If you just need a place to stay for a night or two, this is an average budget hotel (no frills) that's pet friendly and close to the highway..

Room Tip: There are three floors to this hotel, but unlike some Red Roofs, this one has an elevator in the mid...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pshediack
RRI0166, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross, responded to this review, 11 December 2011
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your experience.

As you know we are an economy hotel that focuses on nice/clean room for an economy price. We have completed the TV upgrade to all our rooms with flat screens and also offer micro/fridges, coffee makers in select rooms. We value our employees as well as our guests, for it takes both to be successful. Your encouragement will give us even more motivation to provide the best guest service that we can offer.

We thank you for including Red Roof Inn in your travel arrangements.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 10 November 2011

We love Red Roof Inn. Or should i say Red "Woof" Inn. They are pet friendly.

This hotel, however did not have continental breakfast, nor microwaves, nor regrigerator.

It also needs a floor covering upgrade.

We visited a Red Roof Inn in Oklahoma who had upgraded their flooring to linoleum, which is better all the way around for pet friendly inns.

I would stay here again, but first I would try and locate a better Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: I think They have three floors. Ask for a down and out room. Downstairs, First floor. Backing up...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davidntracybahn

As you know we are an economy hotel that focuses on nice/clean room for an economy price. We have completed the TV upgrade to all our rooms with 32" flat screens and also offer micro/fridges, coffee makers in select rooms. We are also looking into very soon offering "Redi-Set-Go Breakfast Bags". We value our guest as well as our employees, for it takes both to be successful. Your encouragement will give us even more motivation to provide the best guest service that we can offer.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 9 November 2011

As a year-round road traveler and heavy duty user of budget hotels, Red Roof is one of my favorite choices. This property did not disappoint. It appeared well-maintained. The staff was professional, friendly and helpful.

Easy off and on I-85 at exit 101. It is in the northeast quadrant of the greater Atlanta, Georgia area.

My room on the first floor appeared to be clean and everything was in good working order. The room itself was rather small, but sufficient for a solo traveler.

The parking lot is designed for cars only, so if you are traveling in an RV, pulling a trailer or have some other type of large vehicle, you may or may not find space to park. I'd recommend calling ahead to inquire about available space in the parking lot.

I travel with one small dog, Red Roof is pet friendly, and no additional fee is charged.

I take advantage of their Redi-Card program which enables me to earn points towards free nights. And I don't even have to keep track of redeeming the points, they automatically send me a free night certificate when I accumulate enough points. It's a nice little perk that works for me!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank USA_Road_Traveler

First, I would like to say "Thank You" for taking the time to take the pictures you uploaded to the site. I always important to see things through the guest eyes. As you know we are an economy hotel that focuses on nice/clean room for an economy price. We have completed the TV upgrade to all our rooms with flat screens and also offer micro/fridges, coffee makers in select rooms. We value our guest as well as our employees, for it takes both to be successful. Your encouragement will give us even more motivation to provide the best guest service that we can offer.

Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 2 years. I have always had a great experience. Waffle House is within walking distance with good food at reasonable prices. The staff have always been very helpful. Vito goes above and beyond the call of duty whenever we need anything. I love the fact that the hotel is pet friendly and I can bring my dogs with me. I bring couple of toys, their dog bed and blanket and they feel right at home. If they have room for me, I'll always come back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
RRI0166, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
"On behalf of my staff I would like to thank you for your feedback".
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The Front desk person Lubider Jones does an incredible job. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2011
"On behalf of my staff I would like to thank you for your feedback".
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 August 2011

As long as your expectations aren't too high, this place seems like a pretty good deal. It's been a while since I stayed in a place that didn't have in-room coffee, and my "non-smoking" room smelled a little smoky, but for what I paid ($37 a night plus the usual taxes) it was an acceptable compromise. The room was clean and quiet (apparently there weren't a lot of other guests around in the middle of the week), the Wi-Fi worked, and the phone calls (local and long distance within the continental U.S.) were free. An accessible electrical outlet near the bedside table would have been nice, but you can't have everything. If you're on a budget (or just cheap like me), and you don't need too much in the way of frills, this place is worth a look.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
RRI0166, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross, responded to this review, 11 August 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business.
Norcross, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Quick, courteous, professional check-in by Luebirder.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
On behalf of my staff I would like to thank you for your feedback.