“Excellent customer service...”

Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross
Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My stay at Red Roof Norcross has been due to my current living situation. I am among the working homeless. Since I've been at the Red Roof my stay has been a wonderful experience. There has been one agent in particular who stands out, Ms. Luebirder Jones. She had made me feel at home at Red Roof. She had also been encouraging as far my current situation and icing forwards. She gets my vote for excellence in customer service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
RRI0166, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

On behalf of the Red Roof Inn, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your experience.

As you know we are an economy hotel that focuses on nice/clean room for an economy price. We have completed the TV upgrade to all our rooms with 32" flat screens and also offer micro/fridges, coffee makers in select rooms. We are also looking into very soon offering "Redi-Set-Go Breakfast Bags". We value our guest as well as our employees, for it takes both to be successful. Your encouragement will give us even more motivation to provide the best guest service that we can offer.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I just wanted to say that my stay at the Red Roof Inn was affordable and pleasant. As soon as i stepped foot inside, Heather Gilmore greeted me with a smile, and helped me with my booking in a matter of no time. She is excellent in customer satisfaction and this is exactly what you need in order to have a successful company. Thank you for your service, and you have just added another satisfied loyal customer.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Even though my stay was very short, The customer service was one of the best ive seen. We were greeted at the front desk by the most friendliest clerk. Heather Gilmore was her name. She made sure I got the exact room I wanted and gave me the most affordable price. She was very nice and after chatting with her for bit, I almost forgot that I had just met her for the first time. She didn't treat me like a regular guest, She treated me like a good friend and because of that I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I am shocked whenI went through the reviews of this hotel. My husband and I arrived into the Norcross area last night, and a friend actually recommended the red roof hotel. Normally I have stayed at the red roof in other areas and have been satisfied. When I stay at this hotel I don't expect any bells and whistles. I realize this is a motel not a hotel, and I don't expect much. However, a clean room is not to much to ask for. When we first got into our hotel I immediately smelled a very stale and oily smell in the room. I wasn't happy about the smell but it wasn't a deal breaker. When we arrive at any hotel we always walk around and inspect the room before we bring our things in. In this day and age with all the germs and bed bugs we would rather take extra time to check the room out. So when we arrived in the hotel my husband looked under the bed and there was a big stain and hair underneath the mattress that we're supposed to lay our heads down on. We asked for a new room and they upgraded us to the room right next door which was apparently a business suite. It did have a nice desk and chair, however when we pulled up the hotel mattress it was quite disgusting. There was a blood on the new bed mattress which was so disgusting. My husband and I were appalled, and were talking about it out loud outside when I said I wanted a refund. The manager had the nerve to say "would you please not make a scene." We weren't talking around anyone else, and this was just a very bad place to stay. I wouldn't recommend this hotel. If you do end up staying here make sure you look under the mattress before you put your head down thinking the place is clean. Will never stay here again. I got my refund after just two minutes in the hotel. The girl at the front was nice, and looked at me apologetically. I know she felt bad, but this is where she works and so I know she couldn't say anything. The front desk girl was very sweet, and I just wish she worked at a better place. We went down the road to the La Quinta and was bracing ourselves for another bad hotel. However, this hotel was so nice and we had a great stay for just about $20.00 more. This is $20 well spent when comparing the two hotels. I would much rather spend a few more dollars for a nicer hotel. I believe it was about $45 at the red roof, and at the la quinta it was just about $63.00.

Room Tip: Before you put your bags down check under the bed mattress, and make sure their are no blood or othe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
RRI0166, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2011

I want to apologize if for any reason you felt this location didn't meet your needs. However, I was there that night when my front desk rep. checked you into the hotel. No, our hotel doesn't have any frills, bells or whistles correction we do have a few bells and whistles. We are not renovated but we do have new 32' flat screen tv's and we always provide each and every guest with nice/clean rooms at a very reasonable price. So I do take every review to heart. I was there when you ask for another room. I am the one who requested an upgrade for you.I personally checked the room you complained about and found nothing wrong with the first room. While I was in the first room I heard you in the second room next door talking with your husband/companion. You were in the room for less than 20 seconds. You were very loud and I couldn't understand what was wrong. I did ask you to calm down because it is my responibility to not only take care of your problem but to make sure the current guest with no issues who stay with us repeatly don't complain about someone yelling near their door while they're sleeping. I referred you back to the office for a full refund. While you were getting the refund I was checking the room you spent 20 seconds in and discovered that wasn't any issues or problems in this room. Two rooms no problems. You stated hair and blood on both mattress. I checked both room myself and both rooms were free of the issues you had concerns about. I am still unsure actually what your complaint was about. However, by goal is to make sure each and every guest has a "Great Guest Experience". At Red Roof Inn we have a "Hassle-Free Guarantee". Because your comfort is our #1 priority!
Should you have a concern during your stay, simply contact the front desk and allow us to address it. If we cannot resolve your concern prior to your departure, we don't expect you to pay for that night. It's what every stay should be, with our Hassle-Free Guarantee.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

If you're looking for a four or five star hotel; keep moving. (I know I say that a lot in these reviews, but some people seem to think a budget hotel should be just like a four or five star hotel.) If you need a pet-friendly or budget hotel in the Duluth or Norcross area, keep reading.

This Red Roof is located about 1 minute off I-285's Exit 101 at Indian Trail-Lilburn Road in Norcross, Georgia. We spent back-to-back Friday and Saturday nights there and found it to be an older appearing Red Roof with a fair price. It is located in what seems to be an office park-industrial park sort of neighborhood. (The hotel area is reasonably safe. Don't go wandering into the area a few blocks north at night unless you are fluent in foreign languages and experienced in handling yourself with street people.)

They were in the process of swapping out old style CRT TVs for flat screens the day we departed. The furniture was a bit worn and the mattress could have been firmer, but the room and bathroom were clean. When we asked for extra towels, we were handed an armful on the spot.

This is one of the few pet friendly hotels we found in the Duluth and Norcross areas. There is only one restaurant in the area, a Waffle House about 300 feet down and across the street.

The staff is very friendly as is the weekend night security guard. When we found a problem with a water leak from the room above our original room, the staff instantly assigned us to another room. That's exactly the kind of response you want when something goes wrong.

You may want to bring along a traveler's bottle of shampoo if you don't like fooling around with the Red Roof "foil envelope" of shampoo. (I don't know how else to describe it, but you get the idea.)

Bottom line: If you just need a place to stay for a night or two, this is an average budget hotel (no frills) that's pet friendly and close to the highway..

Room Tip: There are three floors to this hotel, but unlike some Red Roofs, this one has an elevator in the mid...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pshediack

As you know we are an economy hotel that focuses on nice/clean room for an economy price. We have completed the TV upgrade to all our rooms with flat screens and also offer micro/fridges, coffee makers in select rooms. We value our employees as well as our guests, for it takes both to be successful. Your encouragement will give us even more motivation to provide the best guest service that we can offer.

Reviewed 10 November 2011

We love Red Roof Inn. Or should i say Red "Woof" Inn. They are pet friendly.

This hotel, however did not have continental breakfast, nor microwaves, nor regrigerator.

It also needs a floor covering upgrade.

We visited a Red Roof Inn in Oklahoma who had upgraded their flooring to linoleum, which is better all the way around for pet friendly inns.

I would stay here again, but first I would try and locate a better Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: I think They have three floors. Ask for a down and out room. Downstairs, First floor. Backing up...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidntracybahn

Reviewed 9 November 2011

As a year-round road traveler and heavy duty user of budget hotels, Red Roof is one of my favorite choices. This property did not disappoint. It appeared well-maintained. The staff was professional, friendly and helpful.

Easy off and on I-85 at exit 101. It is in the northeast quadrant of the greater Atlanta, Georgia area.

My room on the first floor appeared to be clean and everything was in good working order. The room itself was rather small, but sufficient for a solo traveler.

The parking lot is designed for cars only, so if you are traveling in an RV, pulling a trailer or have some other type of large vehicle, you may or may not find space to park. I'd recommend calling ahead to inquire about available space in the parking lot.

I travel with one small dog, Red Roof is pet friendly, and no additional fee is charged.

I take advantage of their Redi-Card program which enables me to earn points towards free nights. And I don't even have to keep track of redeeming the points, they automatically send me a free night certificate when I accumulate enough points. It's a nice little perk that works for me!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank USA_Road_Traveler

First, I would like to say "Thank You" for taking the time to take the pictures you uploaded to the site. I always important to see things through the guest eyes. As you know we are an economy hotel that focuses on nice/clean room for an economy price. We have completed the TV upgrade to all our rooms with flat screens and also offer micro/fridges, coffee makers in select rooms. We value our guest as well as our employees, for it takes both to be successful. Your encouragement will give us even more motivation to provide the best guest service that we can offer.