“Excellent value”

Ranked #8 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were very happy with our stay at GuestHouse. Staff at front desk were extremely helpful with all our enquiries. The rooms was clean and well set out.

Only issue was the bed was quite hard - but with what we were paying, I can accept that! Elevator also smelt a bit funky. Otherwise a pleasant stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank sandradaga
hchenguest, Manager at Brick Lodge Atlanta/Norcross, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave your feedback. We're glad you had a pleasant stay. We work hard to be a good value to our customers! We hope to see you again if you're ever back in Atlanta!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Awesome staff, lots and lots of clean linen whenever asked (which was a lot with 2 teenagers), comfortable beds, clean rooms,felt safe, security checked with us whenever we came in late to be sure we were registered guest, great location and awesome value!! What more do you need?

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor, which I would recommend for a longer stay,,it was very quiet. Also the b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gina L
Dear Gina,
We're so glad you had a good stay in Atlanta. Sometimes guests actually get offended when our security checks to make sure they are guests, and we appreciate so much that you understand that it is to keep our property secure and quiet. Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave feedback. We really appreciate it!
Laurens, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I attend braves games and am always looking to find a nice secure place to stay, at a great rate, without the hassle of downtown traffic and those $30.00/night parking fees. I recently found this gem right off 1-85. Read some tripadvisor reviews and thought I’d give it a try.
The Guesthouse Inn ranks on the top of my list. The guest service is exceptional and there is a nightly security guard on duty. My room was extremely clean and big (I got the King Size Bed, Room 310). It had a refrigerator & microwave, flat panel tv, desk, chair & ottoman and many other items. I am hot natured and the air conditioner worked perfectly. I actually had to turn it down and that is very unusual for me. The bed sleep wonderful... There was free high speed internet which was extremely fast and they had coffee and danishes for a morning snack. They have a nice pool area and also a picnic area with grills. They also had a huge meeting room available if anyone needs one for business etc.There are lots of eating places around, even within walking distance, and they are open late. I really like the 2:30 pm check-in.. Thats helpful when attending Braves games, I can now checkin to the hotel then leave in time to beat the downtown traffic for a night game. Some places will only let u check in after 3:00 and some are 4:00..that is a hassle to check into your room after a ballgame cuz you never know how long they will last.
u can tell the staff cares about the hotel and want customers to be happy. at the price u cant beat this place. the area is great. I felt safe with my grandson and its only about a 20 min drive to downtown atlanta. I was very pleased with our stay and will choose this place again.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants an awesome stay at an extremely economical price and hassle free stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank harleyhalo2
hchenguest, Manager at Brick Lodge Atlanta/Norcross, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We really work had and it is so encouraging when guests leave reviews like yours. We do offer coffee 24 hours at the front desk and some individually wrapped danishes in the morning until 9:30 AM (not really enough at all to call it breakfast). Our meeting rooms can be rented for group use. We really appreciate you and your grandson staying with us and are glad you had a good experience. Thank you so much again!
Smiths, Alabama
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The first time we stayed at this hotel last year, it was wonderful. We felt like we got our money's worth, and then some. So we chose the Guesthouse Inn for our most recent trip. It was terrible. First of all, we had a non-smoking room, but it smelled terribly like smoke. Secondly, it seemed very dirty this time around. The comforter was resting on the floor, too, so even if the beds had been comfortable, I don't think I would have been able to sleep. So let's talk about the beds. I've never slept on anything so uncomfortable in my life. The pillows were terrible as well. I wouldn't even call them pillows. You would be better off folding up a blanket and sleeping on it (trust me - I tried). I know you get what you pay for, but we'd had a pleasant experience here previously so we expected the same this time around. We could only stand to stay here for two hours before we had to find another place. From now on, we will stay at the Holiday Inn at Perimeter/Dunwoody, where the beds are amazing, the hotel is clean, and the staff is friendly. We booked with Booking.com, so because of the terms and conditions I agreed to, I couldn't get my money back despite our two hour stay.

Room Tip: Non-smoking doesn't actually mean non-smoking
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Brittany N
hchenguest, Manager at Brick Lodge Atlanta/Norcross, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Brittany, We apologize for your recent experience with us. Usually if there is a complaint about smell or something that we cannot fix immediately we would be more than happy to move you to another room. For some reason we couldn't find any notes on your folio regarding your complaint/reason for leaving. We did look at your past history and saw that the last time you stayed with us we did give you a free upgrade. Nevertheless there should not be an odor in a non smoking room. Our housekeepers will have to do better at reporting odors and changing out pillows. We are glad you found an accommodation more suitable for your needs over the Memorial Day weekend. We apologize again and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Great staff, kind and helpful , the rooms are clean and comfortable !!! This is the first hotel, in a long time, that I don't have any complains !!! If you are looking for a good price and a comfortable stay in Atlanta this is the perfect place !!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Sheilita,

Thank you for your comments. We are glad you had a good experience with us!
Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2014

There is not much else to say, but this property is well maintained and extremely clean. The beds are comfortable and firm. Even though it wasn't pool season just yet, the pool area looked great as well. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. This is an amazing property at this price level.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your review. We do try hard to maintain the property and keep it clean. We certainly are not a new property with many frills but we understand some people just need a clean and economical place to lay their heads. We look forward to your next visit in Atlanta! Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to rate us!
Corbin, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Room was great , well worth the price . Coupons room was all filled up , but lady at front desk gave us an awesome deal . Clean , quiet . Staff was very friendly . Ever in area again will book a room here .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
hchenguest, Manager at Brick Lodge Atlanta/Norcross, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Rose,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review and for choosing to stay with us. We're glad you had a good experience and look forward to serving you again in the future. We do try and keep our rates at an economical price because we understand that a lot of times guest just need a clean place to rest with out breaking the bank. Thank you again!