“UnComfortable Inn & Suites”

Comfort Inn & Suites Peachtree Corners
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Well, we arrived to the hotel at about 11 pm, after a long 4 hour drive. Happy to be getting off the road to get some rest before we pushed on to Stone Mountain the next morning. Everything seemed to be fine as we pulled up and even as we checked in. The staff was friendly and polite. We requested a non smoking room. We were given a room on the 3rd floor. Seemed like the smoke hit us before we could get off of the elevator. I immediately asked my wife, "Didn't we request a non smoking room?" Smoke seemed to be lingering in the hallway. We went into our non smoking labeled room and low and behold we could smell the smoke. Next I checked the bathroom, to find a loose toilet seat, and to top it off, my son's sheets had a hole in them. I went back downstairs to address my concerns. Come to find out that this hotel seems to care more about smoking customers than all customers. Seems that the 1st and 3rd floor accommodates smoking. And apparently the cleaning crew failed to let the front desk know about the toilet seat and they probably thought that we wouldn't mind holes in the sheets. Needless to say we won't be staying here again.

Tired and Disgusted

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric M
Comfort Inn Sui... P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

We are sorry to hear that you had such an uncomfortable stay. We try to book non-smokers on the second floor whenever possible, but we were sold out the night you arrived so we only had the non-smoking rooms on the third floor available. We make every effort to keep the hallways from smelling smoky, but with guests coming in and out of smoking rooms that can be quite difficult.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We had stayed here multiple times and have always had an enjoyable stay, however; this will be the LAST time we stay here. There is mold growing in the in room AC. Bad enough to make us both sick ... They tried to move us but it had tons of mold too..

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jaime2720
Comfort Inn Sui... P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

We are sorry you had such a bad experience, but I must point out that the picture you have posted is not mold, but rather the dust that accumulates on the below-the-window AC units. We clean these out regularly, but because the season has been drier and dustier than normal there is more accumulation than normally occurs. And we were not informed of any mold in the second room (I note this picture cannot be from the second room since that room has a vertically-mounted AC unit in a sealed closet).

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I tried this hotel because all of my regular hotels were booked. The low price had given me some concerns. The front desk clerk who checked me in was polite and business-like. I found my king room was okay. This non-smoking room was very smoky to the point of permeating my clothing with the smell. The furniture and fixtures were old looking and plain. The room had been cleaned fairly well. Overall, I would not choose to stay here again. I'll stick with nicer places that cost slightly more. The location is very close to places that I needed to be. There are many restaurants close by. (One reviewer complained of highway noise from I-85. This place is miles from I-85 so they obviously were reviewing a different place)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve B

We are sorry to hear that your room was smoky. We do everything we can to keep people from smoking in the non-smoking rooms, but occasionally someone is able to slip past us. If you let the front desk know of such an issue, we can move you to another room and/or get the air treated for you.

We are currently in the process of rennovating the rooms, and when the current work is finished the rooms should have a much newer feel to them. And we thank you for helping to clear up that error another guest made.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is the closest to the highway. Faces I-85 highway, one of the busiest interstates in the Southeast U.S. It is one of a few hotels in this neighborhood, and the closest to the highway. There should be a reduced price, being so close to the highway. If you get a room on opposite side of highway, rooms are quiet (however, they will not guarantee this).
Other than that, there is nothing bad I can say about this hotel. It is a standard comfort inn, with breakfast buffet.

BTW: I hate hotels that do not disclose the existence of highway noise for half the rooms. This should be on the description for the hotel. They got a discount on the land to be here; why shouldnt travelers get a discount on the price, and know up front what they are getting? Thanks to Trip Advisor, would will get out about these "scams".

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Comfort Inn Sui... P, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

This response seems to be in error, as we are not located on I-85 (we are about fives miles from it). I believe this was intended to be directed at another Comfort Inn in the area.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Hotel was warm, lobby, and rooms. Air conditioning took a while to make the room comfortable, at best. Free breakfast was the usual toast, muffins, sweet rolls, coffee, juice, cereal, etc. Not bad for $58.00 night stay. Room had refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron & board, tv. large bathroom. Bed wasn't that comfortable. but price was good. it was clean.

We are sorry to hear your bed wasn't comfortable; providing a mattress that wil fulfill the needs of a variety of sleepers is one of the more complex challenges the hotel industry faces. We are glad your stay was otherwise good and that you considered the value to be worth it, but we will be working harder to make sure you are even more pleased with the value should you return.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Made the reservation way in advance for taking a family trip to Atlanta with the children for spring break. Went through Choice hotels.com where I am a choice member, and was told that it was a prepay reservation which was fine, Problem being they never took the fee out until after our stay!!! When we arrived everything was great nice room, quite area, clean, friendly staff. Our only problem was that the breakfast never changed, some variety would have been nice especially staying for 6 days on a budget!!!

Room Tip: 3rd floor was quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

We are glad the overall quality of your stay was pleasant. We take pride in providing good customer service and clean, well-maintained rooms for the price. We are sorry, however to hear about the booking problems, and hope everything has been resolved by this point.

We are constantly in a state of improving our hotel, and improving the breakfast experience is one of the things are looking into doing in the near future along with several other projects to make the customer experience a better one.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is one of my favorite hotels to stay when I go to Atlanta. I have been staying here for over five years. I have always found the staff to be very polite and accomidating no matter whay my need. I always call the hotel directly to book my room rather than on line because I like the friendly personal contact with the staff. When I arrive for check in, I am greeted by name and with a big smile. This hotel site has done some extensive renovations and upgrades, which is still going on but is close to being finished. The breakfast has always been plentiful and restocked as needed. Mr. Ashok has always been friendly and his staff always go beyond the call of duty in my opinion. Will be staying again and always if possible when I am in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

We thank you for your kind words. It has been a pleasure to have you as a customer and we look forward to your next visit.