“Quality seems to have changed”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Orange Beach, Alabama
“Quality seems to have changed”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This has always been out "go to" place in Norcross. I booked a month in advance and requested a room. We have a dog and the room we requested is a downstairs room. This is twice we were placed upstairs upon requesting a lower floor. I am also a Hilton Honors member and were not given our usual water.

There were many young adults and were in the pool during the early afternoon with tops off. I had to make my grand daughter stay away from window. Then later that night they were in the pool after 11:00pm.

Some of the ladies that serve food were very nice and even remembered us from past visits. For the price however we will look for a different place from own. The family atmospher seems to have changed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HomewoodNorcross, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. I assure you that this is not typical of our hotel chain and while I am new to this property we are still a family friendly hotel chain and one for business travelers alike. While we can not change this experience, I do hope that you will give us the opportunity the next time you are in town to show you we are still the "home" you knew before. Once again, on behalf of the entire staff and management please accept our apology that this stay did not go well.

Please feel free to contact me personally when you come back so that I can work to get you into the area that you enjoy staying.

Kevin Pelkey, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Ontario, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff is very friendly. I will stay again. They have decent breakfast all week and during the week they have pretty good dinners. The beds are comfortable and rooms are clean.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am glad that you found the accommodations and food selection met your needs while visiting. We look forward to your next visit!
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The layout of this Homewood is a little weird, but overall the rooms are very nice and the breakfast/evening reception is outstanding.

The good:
- Breakfast and Evening dining: I stay at a lot of Hilton properties and they all have the same food, but for some reason the food at this one tasted better than at the others. I think maybe it's fresher or they follow the cooking directions more closely. Also, the service is outstanding. I've never been at a Homewood where they'll come around and offer you more food or clear your dishes so promptly.
- The rooms: they're pretty spacious, clean, and nicely appointed. It was very convenient having access to the kitchenette.

The not so good:
- You can easily hear people walking around on the floor on top of you (creaking floorboards, etc). The floors seem very thin in this regard.
- The layout is a little strange. It almost looks like an apartment complex, which meant I had to walk through the pool area each time to go to breakfast. Not really a big deal.
- I had an issue with my hot water and according to the maintenance people the rooms have a relatively small hot water tank. I had to call maintenance twice - at first they didn't admit that there was a problem. Worked out okay, but might be difficult if multiple people were staying in one room and needed to take showers within a short amount of time. The front desk staff were awesome in getting this issue fixed for me.

Overall I liked my stay and would stay there again if the location was better (Peachtree Industrial is a nightmare leaving Atlanta in the afternoon).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AnnelinP
HomewoodNorcross, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you as a guest and do hope that we will have the opportunity to have you back again in the near future. Safe Travels!
Owosso, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

If you want a super comfy bed and wonderful staff - this is the place. Our family came for my daughters wedding and we had 5 rooms. This is an older Hilton and is scheduled for remodeling in the next 6 months. The breakfast was one of the best hotel breakfast we've ever had. Same items offered most places but much better quality and staff!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for choosing us to be part of your daughter's special day. We are glad that we could be part of this special day. We enjoy our wedding parties and especially working with the families that are coming into the area for the special occasion.

On behalf of the staff, we wish your daughter and her husband a long and happy future. We look forward to working on providing rooms for your next special event!
Montgomery, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Everything was great. We had one problem with the tub stopper, but that was solved very quickly. Only issue was the waffle maker. With a large group, the waffle maker was in heavy use. Maybe the hotel needs to think about putting out another waffle maker.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HomewoodNorcross, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Peachtree Corners/Norcross, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I do want to let you know that we do have two waffle irons now based on our guests feedback. In addition, we have a mobile station that we can bring out on high demand days. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we have made this change. So thank you and we look forward to your return visit!
Mesa, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The cooks at this place get it right. No rubber eggs or bacon in a pool of grease. The selection is not all that lavish, but it's sufficient. The front desk staff was friendly. Only complaint was the exercisr room was basically 3 treadmills, I prefer elipticals and would have liked some free weights. Basketball court was a lot of fun, it drew a crowd every night and some friendly competition.

Huntsville, United States
Reviewed 15 May 2014

my suite was fantastic...best night's sleep I've had in a while; the pillowtop mattress was very comfortable and the sheets were super soft; not scratchy at all ....super friendly staff...I highly recommend this Homewood Suites location!