“Stayed over Memorial Day Weekend. Hotel is in a great area...”

Home2 Suites by Hilton Atlanta Norcross
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed over Memorial Day Weekend. Hotel is in a great area close to the interstate and shopping. Staff was friendly and room was very clean. Hotel is underrated and a great value for the money.

1  Thank Donnell B

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I traveled from NY to see my daughter graduate college and stayed at the Wingate for 6 nights from 5/2/2014 to 5/8/2014. I was a little nervous traveling and staying in a hotel by myself but the staff at Wingate were so welcoming.
I called before I booked and the desk clerk answered all of my questions including what the area was like and how close I was to my daughter's apartment. When I checked in at 10pm, the desk clerk was friendly, smiled and found me a nice quiet room.
Breakfast here is the standard complementary thing with waffles etc. but the really great part was the service. The kitchen staff, in particular Anna, was so kind and accommodating. There was a morning that I came downstairs for breakfast a few minutes after it ended due to late night activities with the family, and she went out of her way to get me a yogurt, some fruit and juice.
I was pleasantly surprised to have such a great experience from a hotel that was priced at mid to low range. I originally called the "Comfort Inn" in Norcross because I've stayed at so many of them in the past, but had such a bad phone experience that I was afraid to stay there. The desk clerk didn't know how to book me a room or answer any of my questions and told me to call back in the afternoon to speak to the manager which I did. The manager was very rude and balked at applying my AARP discount and then asked me why did I want to stay there. It was bizarre! So glad I listened to my instincts and booked at Wingate!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family