“Great place if recovering from surgery :')”

TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Tucker, Georgia
“Great place if recovering from surgery :')”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I recently had knee surgery and would be on crutches for about 5 days and not able to move around a lot. Since I had 20 steps to maneuver at home I knew I wouldn't be able to stay there and would have to find a place that could accommodate my needs and be close by my relatives in case of an emergency. I found 3 hotels in the area and after visiting each one and checking out their accommodations, I decided that the Town Place Suites had everything that I needed to make my stay comfortable. Because of their close proximity to 3 major hospitals they also offer a special "hospital rate" for guest that are recovering from surgery. This was especially nice and their staff is experienced in dealing with special needs for this particular type of guest. This special rate included the free WiFi and complimentary continental breakfast.

My handicap room was a modern studio with a kitchenette that had plenty of cabinet space, all of the major appliances including a coffee maker and toaster, as well as a garbage disposal. There was also a work area with a desk and overhead cabinets for additional storage space. They had recently renovated this hotel and the new air conditioning unit was controlled by a wall thermostat that I could access and set myself. The unit was very quiet AND it didn't run non-stop for 24 hrs, like other hotel units do. The flat-screen TV was set on a swivel base for ease of viewing from either the sofa or bed. There were several occasions where I had to call the front desk for help and Laurie, the General Manager, answered my calls in person and in a timely manner.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay with us. We are so glad we were able to assist you after your surgery while staying with us. And hope you are continuing to make a speedy recovery.

Laurie Thomas, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Centerville, Ohio
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was my first time staying at a TownePlace by Marriott. There are two buildings for this property and I stayed in the building that contained the front desk. The person at the front desk when I checked in was extremely nice and helpful. The front desk area has one computer to use, an area where you can purchase snacks, and free coffee. My room was a clean, nicely furnished studio apartment with modern decor and a queen size bed (they do not have rooms with a king bed). The kitchenette had modern appliances (refrigerator, microwave, toaster, stove, coffee maker), a sink, and granite countertops. Marriott strategically made great use of the room space for everything you need yet provides plenty of storage in case you're there for an extended stay. They have no luggage racks in the rooms though. The breakfast food was okay but the breakfast area was nice. The main reasons why I rated this hotel a 3: The inner shower curtain had a small area with old mold spots on it and I could tell that the tub between the two shower curtains was missed during their cleaning. Also, I could not find the handicap-compliant button that would automatically open the doors to the building so getting their luggage cart in and out of the building was a HUGE pain. Even housekeeping had to manually open the doors to get their huge cleaning carts into the building. I can tell that they are a handicap-accessible facility but no buttons to automatically open the doors where you have to check-in was a huge miss in their design.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to TripAdvisor about your most recent stay with us. I do apologize for the hicup by the housekeeping department on the shower cleanliness which has been addressed and I've seen a change with all of my ladies in assuring that that area is addressed in all their rooms. I have also started to work on asking about the doors to see what can be done if anything. But I do thank you for bringing it up. The luggage racks have never been a part of our rooms but am too looking at getting some of those, maybe not for every room but to have available upon request. We look forward to your next stay and hope you have enjoyed the holidays.

Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 31 October 2013

WOW what a good job on all the new things. The rooms look great. The new Breakfast area is very nice and looks like it will even be better after all the work is done. The Staff is very friendly and outgoing. Nice area to stay in at a great $ rate.

theStaff

Room Tip: Great area to stay in with Atlanta not far away.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Karen, Thank you for the kind comments about our Newly Renovated hotel. We think it's a WOW too. I'm not sure that when you were here we had added the new items to breakfast as of yet. But we now have Belgium Waffles, Hard Boiled Eggs, Cut Fruit, Yogurt Berry Parfaits as well as New Muffins and Bagels. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Belton, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Having a separate room for our son and a kitchenette was great! We would definitely stay again! Everyone was very courteous and helpful. The food on the breakfast bar was fresh. I think it was a great bargain for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My sister was getting married and we needed a 2 bedroom suite for 4 so we booked at this hotel for Friday and Saturday. The kitcthen was clean but the bathroom did have hair on the floor but was clean otherwise. Housekeeping did not come in on Saturday so when we arrived back we had to go to the front desk for clean towels. It was just OK not up to other Marriot properties we had stayed at in the past.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the TripAdvisor about your stay. I'm sorry our Housekeeping team missed the few items that you mentioned and we did bring it to their attention during our daily meetings to make sure they are focused on those specifics. We had just completed a $1.5M renovation the end of July with all new appliances, couches, lamps, flooring and decor as well as a new lobby and "NEW" Breakfast room that we did not have before so I truly feel we are now offering the newest TownePlace Suites in the area. We appreciate your Marriott loyalty and look forward to your return if in the Norcross area.
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

In town on business. Hotel staff was great. Ready for a remodel that was coming soon but still clean. Rooms in good shape but kitchen was dated but still clean. Free breakfast was just muffins and juice. Really good pancake place called it's right across highway. If staying for awhile or overnight good place

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Found hair on the bathroom floor and in the tub upon arrival, used my own Clorox wipes to clean it. Long hair found on the couch. Housekeeping staff unattentive to these things. Breakfast was prepackaged food and a huge disappointment to a Marriott silver member, checked out a day early. Definitely will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Trustytrav
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank You for taking the time to review us and I'm so very sorry that your stay was a disappointment. We absolutely do everything we can to make each guest stay the best they can be. I know there are times when we miss the mark and I guarentee that it will be addressed to the staff so that we step up our game. We want to make every guest a repeat guest especially with our newly renovated hotel.

I hope you understand that the breakfast that we offer is to the specifications of our Corporate office and was designed to be able to grab and go. As they develop the concept we have brought in items that are not pre-packaged like hard boiled eggs and english muffins. They continue to bring different items to our brand but TownePlace Suites offers a Continental Cold Breakfast with Assorted Cereals, where now you can mix and match out of the dispenser as well as a variety of breakfast breads, yogurts, milk and juice and fresh bananas and oranges.

We hope that if in the Norcross Area again, you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.