I recently had knee surgery and would be on crutches for about 5 days and not able to move around a lot. Since I had 20 steps to maneuver at home I knew I wouldn't be able to stay there and would have to find a place that could accommodate my needs and be close by my relatives in case of an emergency. I found 3 hotels in the area and after visiting each one and checking out their accommodations, I decided that the Town Place Suites had everything that I needed to make my stay comfortable. Because of their close proximity to 3 major hospitals they also offer a special "hospital rate" for guest that are recovering from surgery. This was especially nice and their staff is experienced in dealing with special needs for this particular type of guest. This special rate included the free WiFi and complimentary continental breakfast.
My handicap room was a modern studio with a kitchenette that had plenty of cabinet space, all of the major appliances including a coffee maker and toaster, as well as a garbage disposal. There was also a work area with a desk and overhead cabinets for additional storage space. They had recently renovated this hotel and the new air conditioning unit was controlled by a wall thermostat that I could access and set myself. The unit was very quiet AND it didn't run non-stop for 24 hrs, like other hotel units do. The flat-screen TV was set on a swivel base for ease of viewing from either the sofa or bed. There were several occasions where I had to call the front desk for help and Laurie, the General Manager, answered my calls in person and in a timely manner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEWLY RENOVATED!!! Our updated look is sure to put the WOW in your statement when you walk into your newly updated suite. All new Stainless Steal appliances, New Mattresses and Queen Size pillows, New Sofa/Sleepers, Granite Counter tops. We also have updated our breakfast to a Deluxe Continental in our new Breakfast Room. Belgium Waffles, Hard Boiled Eggs, Yogurt Fruit Parfaits, Cut Fruit Cups as well as our Muffins, Bagels, English Muffins, Cereals, Fresh Fruit, Juice and Coffee. We are your "Home Away From Home" in a quiet, suburban neighborhood just minutes away from shopping at The Forum, Historic Norcross and Perimeter Mall. Catch a game at Coolray Field to cheer for the Gwinnett Braves or Visit the Gwinnett Arena both in close vicinity to the hotel. Stone Mountain Park, Buckhead, Downtown Atlanta and even Six Flags over Georgia are no more that 15-20 miles from our location and we have all your comforts of home. The most amazing Front Desk team to help you with your travel destinations once you arrive and our Housekeeping team is here for your "Suite" needs. We look forward to having you enjoy time here at the TownePlace Suites Norcross, just awarded the 2012 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor. Also from Business Travel News' 2011,2012 & 2013 U.S. Hotel Chain Survey voted TownePlace Suites #1 Mid-Priced Extended Stay Hotel Brand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Atlanta Norcross Hotel Norcross
- Towneplace Suites Norcross