“Stinky, loud, small, broken”

Residence Inn Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 12 October 2013

On the plus side, the staff is very helpful and friendly. It's also one of the only places in the area with kitchenettes.

When we checked in, our room was smelly from them re-caulking all the tubs. It was also on the parkway, which is a loud, busy road. In the morning we asked if we could relocate, and were given a few options. One of the rooms was very small, and looked at the wall of another room. One was just as stinky. One of them was nice, but brutally hot as the A/C was out. We wound up relocating to the other side of the hall, looking over the pool. The kitchenette is smaller, there's no desk, but it doesn't stink and it's much more quiet. Same price for all rooms. The freezer is very loud. We called for servicing, hope they come soon! Something in every room we looked at is broken. In the other one, the toilet leaked.

Room Tip: Choose a room far away from the parkway
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Jeff W, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Aaron,

I am very disappointed that our performance was below our standards during your stay. We did recently conduct a tub resurfacing project to complete our hotel renovation. The process should not have impacted the rooms with any kind of chemical odor like the one you experienced. Also, it should not have affected the quality of other items in the rooms.

This is in no way anywhere close to the service and quality level for which we are known. Please accept my apology. I am following up on the other issues you mentioned as well.

I am going to attempt to follow up with you directly. Please contact me as well so that I might address this with you.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hotel. I usually gauge how pleasant my stay at a hotel will be based on the front desk staff. I must say the front desk staff was very pleasant and made sure my individual need was met. The hotel is very clean and as always the breakfast was on target.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Diane,

Thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay, I will definitely share them with the Front Desk staff. I agree, the tone for the experience at a hotel is set by the friendliness and ability of the Front Desk. I'm glad we were able to provide you such a pleasurable stay.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had read the reviews but was not sure what to expect once I got there. I really enjoyed it. All of the great reviews that you read are correct. The general manager is very accessible. He comes around at breakfast and makes sure that your stay is nice and if he can help in any way. The rooms are very nice. Excellent trip!

Room Tip: I had a 2 bedroom suite for 4 people and it was wonderful. 2 nice size bedrooms and 2 baths plus a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have made a conscious effort to establish our reputation as a hotel providing a seemless experience with world-class service and guest-pleasing amenities. We are committed to improving that ideal with each and every guest, each and every day.

I appreciate your validation of previous positive reviews. We will always strive to exceed your expectations and those of our future guests. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Last month I stayed at the Residence Inn in Norcross. It was DragonCon, so most of the hotels in town were either full or very expensive. I found this gem in Norcross. This is not in Atlanta, about 15 miles north. We were able to drive to MARTA within 10 minutes and ride into town very easily.
The hotel is very clean and well located, close to restaurants and some shopping.
There is a nice fire pit area by the pool, which was pleasant in the evenings.
The room was a King with full kitchen, which was very clean. I was not disappointed.
The rest of the hotel was clean. All service was great by everyone I encountered.
Breakfast was included, and was continental plus eggs, some sausage, etc. A bit more than regular continental, which was nice.
Overall, a very pleasant stay out of the rush of downtown Atlanta, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Chris,

It's great to see the excitement and enthusiasm from all the Dragoncon attendees. We are glad you found us and enjoyed the room, amenities, and service.

It does get a little crazy in downtown Atlanta during a convention. We are happy to provide a respite from all that hustle and bustle but still be close enough to enjoy what you came for.

Hope to see you before the next convention!

General Mananger

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The stay at the residence Inn was outstanding. My nieces wedding was fantastic and the stay at the hotel made it even more enjoyable. The room was clean, comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was awesome. The staff was pleasant and very accommodating. The Meet & Greet for the out of town guest was also held there and we had a great time. I would recommend this Inn to anyone else and would definitely stay there again on my next visit to Atlanta. Thank you for your great hospitality and making the trip more enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Jill,

It was a pleasure to have you and the rest of the wedding party with us for such a wonderful occasion. We are so happy the "Meet & Greet" went well and set the tone for the event.

Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to seeing you here again SOON!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were in Atlanta for a family wedding and this was the hotel of choice for most of the out of town guests--including us. We stayed 3 nights in mid-August.
I had already booked this hotel, then my sister decided to reserve a block of rooms for out of town guests. I already had a fabulous room rate, but was able to get another few dollars off per night through the block rate. EXCELLENT!
The rooms were very nice. and we had plenty of space. We had the two bedroom suite and 6 people. Worked great.
Beds comfortable.
Room clean and kept up.
Kitchen had all the appliances and utensils we needed.
The staff was very pleasant and helpful.
The breakfast buffet was good and we had room to all sit around and enjoy the mornings together.
The weather....well that was not what we were expecting. But that is certainly not the problem of the hotel. That's the negative I can think of from our stay.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Barb,

It was great to have you and the rest of your family with us for such a joyous occasion. I agree, the Two-bedroom/Two-bath suites are perfect for guests sharing with family or others - the living room and kitchen provide plenty of space, and separate bathrooms provide privacy to make getting ready very easy.

We enjoyed hosting everyone throughout the weekend. And remember, rain is supposed to be "good luck" for the newlyweds!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I have never felt so taken care of. I had left an earring in my room upon checkout and two employees took it upon themselves to deliver it to me where I was working. They surprised me immensely by going above and beyond. If you ever need a warm and inviting place to stay I highly recommend this establishment!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jeff W, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Norcross/Peachtree Corners, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Becky,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to provide you accommodations while you were travelling on business. Vicky and Bionca knew how special that earring was to you after you told them it was missing. When they located the earring they had a sense of urgency in getting it back to you and immediately grasped the opportunity to take it to you at work.

We are happy that you have your cherished momentos and look forward to seeing you and your PAIR of earrings in the near future.