“My Stay 10-23-10/29 Room 262” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.

Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
plano
“My Stay 10-23-10/29 Room 262”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Well I previously wrote a review about my stay @ this hOtel and although this has been an experience for me and I was made whole and I am grateful, I am used to a different kind of service that is all I had a Misunderstanding of the way things work at an extended hotel.. I will make sure there is clarification on how room service works. If you want room service or your trashed emptied daily the Hilton or Trump is the place.

Great Customer service / Thank You Crossland for welcoming me to Atlanta..
# Needs a new Housekeeping Team

Room Tip: Get A Clear understanding on everything period, that is all. Have an Awesome Experience O_o
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, 1 November 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home. It's great to hear that you received great customer service from our team; however, I am disappointed to hear that our housekeeping was not to your standards and that our cleaning service was not explained to you at check-in.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at htj@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hawaii Kai, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I travel a lot during the summer and have stayed here twice, once in August and once for a wk in April. I must say a lot of these reviews are pretty hands on! (Reading the review is what motivated me to write my own!) First, let's start off by Customer Service. Excellent if it's Donna, Alicia, Lupe <--- Wonderful person! Should be promoted! and Melanie. Great, always friendly! Anytime I deal with them whether checking in or going to get toiletries, they are very pleasant. Now, Brianna <--- Does she know she's in the Hospitality Industry?! There is no hospitality from her, no smile, no life always seems stressed and unhappy, kind of a let down especially when guest are so ECSTATIC to be traveling! Britanna cheer up or get another job! Sad faces are a let down.

As far, as the location <--- Excellent! If you enjoy cultural cuisines. Mexican restaurant walking distance, Salvadorian Restaurant with some excellent pupusas!. Walking distance from Family Dollar, gas station, etc. There's also a subway at the plaza in the corner.

The Hotel itself. Like most of the other reviews, they are all right! There are guys (and some girls with them at times) that apparently live there that are ill mannered, walked by my room (in Bldg D) cursing, talking loud, blocking the stairways. I believe the Manager there name is Daria, if you read this Daria, PLEASE when talking to them again, I hope you tell them to STAY CLEAR OF THE HALL ACCESS AND STAIRWAY ACCESS. I don't care if they live here or what not but some people are GUEST and we DONT want to hear a whole bunch of loud talking outside our windows from people just hanging outside their room in groups. There is a park right across PLEASE ASK THEM TO ACCESS IT. And tell that to the KIDS that also run around there like it's elementary school. I am checking out now and there is literally about 10 kids just hanging near the stairways. I hate this! You can't open your curtains or window. We are travelers and want to rest, PLEASE SEND OUT A FRIENDLY NOTICE OR REMINDER of Guest to your Residence.

The Room itself, it depends. If you stay anywhere near the BACK (From Bldg D on then) no telling what kind of room you will get. It may have fleas, bloody carpet or may even be filthy. I had to move from the back twice. If you are a person who want to rest in your room before you enjoy the city, I suggest requesting bldg B or C. This however, can be taking care of if Management manages.

I would like to say (surprisingly) the person who made my whole stay there OUTSTANDING was the housekeeper, Gloria!!! Wow, what a treat you all have someone there like her. She was so sweet, professional and caring! I never once made eye contact with her and she wasn't smiling, Can't even say that for someone who works in front desk, Imagine! Gloria deserves a bonus if she hasn't already honestly, may been a little of a language barrier being that I speak fluent French, but she understood what I needed each time I had to bother her! She's always smiling, never once caught her not smiling! Overall, if everyone can provide at least good customer service, check for hair on towels, bed, etc, replace old sheets & towels and invest in new ones, this hotel will be my top choice! I hope to be back and hope everything and everyone is on task! Thanks

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Hawaiil0ve
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed and overall pleasant review. We appreciate you letting us know that you were happy with most of our staff and the location. It upsets me to hear that you have had an experience with the cleanliness of your room and disturbances of other guests. I am sorry for your experience and will be sending out notices to all guests about this matter immediately. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Laurens, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Got confirmation for a king room, requested stay near office. when i arrived they said i didnt have confirmation for a queen even tho i showed them my email, they put me in a double bed room on the very back (did not look safe) on the top floor. (Room 305) The vinyl on outside of the building is filthy. I have to hold on the the rail to climb since i have 2 bad knees and then i noticed the rails were GROSS filthy and i wouldnt even hold on to them. Screens were torn off too. The huge big manhole in the driveway probably tore my car up but i havent had it checked out yet. The furniture paint was coming off all furniture, tv cabinet door would not close, NO luggage rack to store luggage on. Headboard and mattress was about 16" off center.The bathroom is so small you could actually crap and shower at the same time.Had a coffee maker but no coffee. The tv was a old phillip tube tv that didnt get but a few channels. The bedspreads on the beds didnt even match each other and the curtains didnt match anything in the room and also it had a big hole in it. Worst of all i pulled the bedspreads up and the mattress and box springs are actually torn and rotted!! The bed was like sleeping on a stack of bricks.. I didnt even sleep under the covers cause of the rotted mattress and soiled, stringy, torn, sheets..I really didnt even want to sleep on top of the bedspread but i slept with my clothes on top of the spread cuz i really didnt have any other place to sleep other than the floor and i was afraid to do that too. Could not wait to get out of this place..(Glad it was just for 1 nite stay). but when i went to checkout there was a sign on the door that the attendant was out on the property and she would be back in 30 min...This place is the pits.. I have pics if anyone wants to see them. I have paid 50.00 and stayed downtown atlanta at 4 star hotels before...With all the good reviews i seen on tripadvisor i thought i would try this place out. I have paid 35.00 per night and stayed at the Ext Stay on Clairmont Rd and it is extremley nice and clean...I dont know who is giving this place all the raving reviews on tripadvisor it must be the people that work there. Trust me I can only really talk about the condition on the back side and the conditions in room 305 but i dont see where it could be any better on the property to get all these raving reviews.. stay clear of this place if you want a nice clean comfy place to stay.

Room Tip: Check into another hotel/motel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank harleyhalo2
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Our staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that were issues during check-in regarding your room type, and the cleanliness and condition of the hotel room. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have coached my team about honoring the correct room types. Also, I am working with the housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure that there is a diligent inspection of each room to confirm it meets guest expectations. We want to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at htj@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Norcross hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

i been coming to this hotel for along time now,im so happy to have found this hotel. .i always have a great stay , its so quiet everything in the room is clean , the guest services are always helpful if you call or go in person they go that extra mile to make shure your happy , the rooms are very big its like having your own little studio comes with a stove a fridge coffe machine ,its a great place to relax enjoy, theres so many stores around for everything food and shopping . Melanie & guadalupe are very friendly , guest services, i will keep on coming back i enjoy my stay always.. crosslands is a great hotel to stay in

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jaswayzibeatz
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for posting such a great review. I am proud of our team for providing excellent guest service and going the extra mile. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Crossland Economy Studios in Norcross, GA is great! The staff is really nice and they genuinely care about their customers. The room was a decent size. I didn't like that they had a mini fridge instead of a full size and the sink is really small. I lost my debit card so I had to go to the bank to get money for the room and it was after check-out time. They let me keep my things in the room and didn't charge me a late fee. I would stay here again on a short trip.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and the size of the room. I would like to apologize for the size of the refrigerator and the sink not meeting your expectations. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Norcross, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I never write reviews/surveys or questionaires......but......I could not pass up the opportunity to write this one, I've always said real customer service and home away from home living has gone done the drain, and people only care about themselves and making money. BOY....... WAS I WRONG, I currently stay at the Crossland Studios on Jimmy Carter in Norcross, Ga and I have to tell everyone that this is the best stay ever, the room is clean, bedsheets and comforter is crisp and fresh (they actually change the comforters with clean ones....can you believe this), the five star hotel I stayed at three months ago didn't do that. Daria and the Crossland staff has put the service back in customer service, they are very outstanding to all my needs without hesitation, you can't beat the service you get here. Daria is always pleasant, has a spirit of willingness to help, and is really concerned about your stay, Daria wants to make sure you have a pleasant experience. Again thanks a million Daria I'm shouting out your hotel to everyone I know. If you are looking for quality with affordablity please consider staying at the Crossland Studio.

Room Tip: Tell them exactly what you are looking for in a room
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, 20 August 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments about the clean room and the customer service. I'm thrilled that Daria and the rest of the staff were able to provide you with stellar customer service. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Norcross, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

My name is Terri King. I currently stay at this hotel. I would like to extend my gratitude for Guadalupe (Lupe) for her outstanding customer service for as long as I have known her while residing there. Lupe is one that is never caught without a smile, her work ethics are very outstanding. Lupe has a heart to help others even when things seem to be challenging. Not only with myself I have witnessed Lupe handle other customers in a very proper way whether good or indiffer. Her tone never changed, she is a very neutral person and she never show signs of stress, anger, but she is a very forward person. Lupe has the character of a manager/supervisor that causes her to stand out. When I first met her because of her willingness to be of assistance and take on lead roles. There was a time I was frustrated and wanted something to be corrected, she never changed her tone and her excitement never went down. There was an honest mistake that happened on the day of 8/9/2013, not one time did Lupe throw the blame at or on me, she took account with all integrity and responsibility and handled the matter wisely that caused me to not be in deficit (shortage). Lupe is one that feels the heart of a person and when times get a little rough she tells you everything is going to be alright and you can truly feel the passion although she still has a job to do. In my own personal opinion, Lupe deserves a raise and in due time a promotion because we need more people like her that not only claim a title but empathize when things aren't always in best interest of the company but rather for a customer (s) who chose/chooses to stay at your hotels and understand that if it wasn't for the customers staying even up to a very lengthy time and if it wasn't for great customer service we wouldn't be there and there wouldn't be a job to go to. TO ALL OF THIS, I WILL NEVER CEASE TO SAY I GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY BECAUSE IT IS HE THAT CAN TURN THE HEART OF A KING/PERSON BECAUSE NO ONE IS PERFECT. Ms. Lupe I salute your excellence and strive to do what you do and continue to do better because this is what will make you shine.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Terri - Thank you for posting such an outstanding review. It's great to hear that Lupe has gone above and beyond in the area of customer service when assisting you with your needs. I am going to share all of your wonderful comments with her and the rest of the team.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. And thank you for continuing to stay with Crossland. We truly value your loyalty to us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norcross
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Norcross
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Peachtree Corners
Crossland Studios Atlanta - Lawrenceville
Home Towne Studios - Chamblee
Rodeway Inn Norcross
Rodeway Inn Norcross
#17 of 38 in Norcross
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Norcross

Been to Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.

Property: Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.
Address: 6295 Jimmy Carter Boulevard, Norcross, GA 30071-2313 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.)
Region: United States > Georgia > Norcross
Ranked #30 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd. 2*
Welcome to Crossland Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd. Our hotel is conveniently located near the Norcross Plaza Shopping Center and many different restaurants. We are just 12 miles away from Stone Mountain Park and 20 miles from downtown Atlanta. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Crossland Studios Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd Hotel Norcross