“Friendly and Affordable”

Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Arkansas
“Friendly and Affordable”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Although the hotel layout is different from newer hotels, there is no elevator, we found the hotel clean and the service friendly. The breakfast was also delicious! The hotel staff was able to accomodate our basketball team and their families, they even allowed us to eat breakfast early, so that our boys could get to the gym. Washer and dryer was available at no charge. The sibilings were able to enjoy the pool, while the teenagers had access to facebook. The wi-fi connection was weak though. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will return to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus MS
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Stayed 3 nights:
- Nice, knowledgable, helpful staff
- Reason to believe non-american owner
- Asked front desk if crime was a problem in the parking lot. The question was avoided. the question was re-asked and avoided a second time.
- No mirror in bedroom, only in bathroom
- Tiny door-ding parking spaces ... possibly to meet legal requirments of quanity
- Good, quite AC with wall thermostat
- Small refrigerator, but no freezer compartment
- Complicated microwave with buttons that requires learning-curve to operate / turn-knobs are better in a hotel room
- Ample electrical outlets, but only 2 above deskline
- 9 of 10 on cleanliness
- Close to restaurants and shops
- 3 phones in room
- If there was Wi-Fi, it was spotty

Frequent Traveler

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank VinceR355
texas
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Spent one night in north Atlanta and scored this hotel for 50% off via priceline. Large room with nice TV. Internet available in lobby but do not recall WIFI availability. Skipped the b'fast buffet and went to Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed April 2011
Leesburg, Georgia
Reviewed 13 September 2010

I have stayed here several times and the staff and rooms have always been up to par. It is very close to our office and very convenient to 85. My only complaint would be a lack of dining variety in the area..although Gwinnet Place Mall is only a few miles away.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Jonathan029
North Carolina
Reviewed 2 March 2009

We arrived around midnight but I had called ahead to make sure they knew and to confirm that our two rooms were adjoining or at least near each other as we were staying with children. Since it was a last minute decision to go I hadn't checked Trip Advisor and boy was I sorry. When we drove up I had a feeling that it wasn't the best area but it was midnight and we had four kids so we stayed. We decided we'd reassess in the morning about the area. I made sure to park the car outside my window so I could hear if the alarm went off. Upon check in I found out the rooms were not near each other so we had to split up the kids and parents. Not a huge deal because I was told they would try to accommodate us for the next night.

We went into the rooms and on first glance they weren't too bad, but when you pulled back the sheets in one room it was clear the sheets had not been changed from the night before. There was hair all caught in them, including in the pillows. Disgusting!

We called the front desk to say we wouldn't be staying another night after that. We would have left that night but it was after midnight and we had driven 6 hours and everyone was already in pajamas. I slept horribly and couldn't wait to leave in the morning! We spent the next night at the Holiday Inn Express--Stone Mountain and it was great!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Kstats
sleepyzohn
Reviewed 22 April 2008

My wife had business here in atlanta so i dropped her at her meeting and came on too the hotel. The staff at the front desk greeted me with a smile and where Very helpful. I asked for a ground floor and it was changed with no problem ( bad Knees ). Dont do stairs well.
Had a little trouble signing on to the internet with my laptop , the sales manger here in norcross was Happy too point how too. All it took was plugging in the eternet cable in the desk drawer .

Its the staff that make a good Hotel and they work here.
Everyone front Desk too house keeping. Friendly Folks.

Enjoyed it and suggest others doing business in Norcross Ga. Stay here. 1 problem no elevator.

Thank you.
We will book again when doing bussiness in Norcross Ga.
John and Bonnie

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — soft beds
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MS
Reviewed 8 January 2007

So I am on my way to a wedding with a friend and my mother. We arrive late and can't find the elevator so we drag numerous suitcases up the stairs. We arrive at our room 15 minutes later. Looks old but ok..it's just one night. Still not what I expected from a Marriot. We are freezing so we turn the heat on. It is 30 degrees outside and eventually we realize that the heat does not work. I call the front desk to report it and the man on the other end say "ok".... silence ........... "I mean do you want us to come fix it now?". Uh yea NOW! is what I thought but I just hung up, but not before asking "where is the elevator?", "we don't have one". They weren't joking.. No heat! No elevator! and obviously no service!

• Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends