“Rooms immaculate”

Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Atlanta, Georgia
“Rooms immaculate”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

After reading some negative reviews, I was a bit apprehensive but went ahead and booked 3 rooms for 3 nights for family and myself, as the location was convenient for the Folk Fest at the North Atlanta Trade Center. The rooms were immaculate and well maintained. Devlon and the others at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful and courteous.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Ivan S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to give us this delightful feedback. We are not the newest Courtyard by Marriott, but we work very hard to make sure that our hotel is clean and safe. Our staff always goes the extra mile to take care of our guests. I will personally pass on your comments to the entire team. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
US
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The best thing about this hotel is the reception. Develon was great, very friendly and made us feel very welcome. The room was ok, fairly clean , the bed was comfy, the room was cool enough at night but the air condition is pretty noisy. But the flip side of that is that it drowns out rude guests who talk loudly in the hall late at night, out in the pool at 11pm, etc. breakfast was cheap and decent. All in all it's on ok place to stay. Not my first choice, but there really aren't any great choices in the Norcross area that I have found. Hats off to Develon and the sweet Indian man hosting in the breakfast area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ivan S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you so much for the nice comments about our staff and your stay at the Courtyard Norcross/I-85. I promise to share all of your feedback with our associates so that our hotel can continue to improve our product and service. I hope you will visit our hotel again very soon.
Canberra
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Three times I extended my stay at this little gem of a hotel located perfectly just off Jimmy Carter Blvd and I-85. Absolutely no complaints. Fantastically friendly staff (g'day Gwyn and Dev and others) and big Ivan the Great running the show. if I may be picky, maybe another self service laundry downstairs with the ice Machine by the rear entrance.
Pool is crystal clear, a lovely free coffee lounge! Another picky suggestion...the breakfast is good but perhaps they could provide a few grilled tomatoes and some baked beans...wouldnt cost the earth...but I really am being picky. I'm staying there next time...and the next time...and...

Well done Ivan and staff.
Bill

Room Tip: if you have mobility problems ask for a room near a ground floor entrance. There is no elevator near...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Ivan S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and feedback. We highly appreciate your repeat business and recognition. Your suggestions are valued to us and we will try to implement them. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you here at Courtyard Norcross/I85 soon.

Ivan Sidorjak,
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Thanks guys for making our 5 day business stay a pleasure, staff could not do enough for us. Jayda on the front desk was incredible...always addressed me personally as I entered and asked about my day and I was not the only that she extended personal greetings to.
A really great place to stay with plenty of room space and a fridge in each room!

• Stayed April 2013
Nashville
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Front desk is very friendly. Room is clean and old fashioned. In-room TV is old style CRT.

We stayed in room 107 for one night. The AC is very loud. Every time when it was on, we woke up. It's the middle of the night and no one feels like moving to another room, we turned off the AC and managed to sleep for a couple of hours. Make sure to check your AC noise level before you sleep.

• Stayed April 2013
Charlotte NC
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I usually stay at a Courtyard almost any chance I get. My partner arrived about 3 hours before I did and took a nap in the room. Woke up and called to say he was covered in red bumps. He had management come up to the room (who was overly apologetic and very nice about the situation) did in fact find multiple bedbugs on the top sheets. The maintenance person who also came in, used his finger to press on one of the bugs and it popped like a tick, blood popped over the sheets. The manager offered not to charge us and moved us to another room. When I arrived I explained my dismay to the overall attitude about staying even in the same hotel as bedbugs, and they did make every effort available to find us another hotel. The down side to this experience was that during my drive while my partner was dealing with the issue at hand with the manager (again who was exceptional) I called the Marriott number to see about getting another room some place else and they seemed like they could care less as to my experience. They patched me to over to 2 different transfers to customer care specialists whom I feel need more training in customer care. Now be it im not a "gold" member but i am a high numbered "sliver" member and I felt like I was being treated as it was my fault and I was causing the problem.
I can not say anything bad about the Management or staff of the Courtyard, but the hotel itself obviously has issues with bedbugs and the Marriott Corporate "customer care" people could care less.
Maybe its time to see how well Hilton likes my money at 30 room nights a year.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Uniquengay71
Ivan S, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this review, 20 January 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your experience at the Courtyard Norcross/I-85 and again please accept my personal apology for the inconvenience you experienced. I highly appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel's customer service and would like to assure you that the entire staff at Courtyard Norcross/I-85 strives to satisfy our guest's needs.

After receiving your complaint we immediately contacted a professional pest control service company to service the room your partner stayed and treat the hotel.

I really appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again so we will have another chance to ensure you about the quality of our service.

Ivan Sidorjak
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My family and I decided to go to the Netherworld Haunted House on a Friday night. We knew it would be late when we finished up so we decided to stay at the Courtyard. It was a late check in but Gwen was very nice and ready to make sure all was well for us. She even made sure my one night stay earned me some reward points on my Marriott rewards card. The room was large and clean, perfect for what we needed. We got a great rate through the Netherworld website, but I understand that you can get the same rate over the phone if you mention the haunted house: $62.00. We also wanted to check out Oakland cemetery the next morning and it was just a short 10min drive away. There are plenty of restaurants on this same exit. Great stay and fun Haunted House.

Room Tip: If it is during the months of Oct. and Nov. ask about the Netherworld rate, or book through the haun...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family