“Best "Priceline" reservation I have ever had in Atlanta”

Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Norcross
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My room was not typical of the "Priceline" rooms that I have experienced in past visits to Atlanta. It was clean, well appointed, and recently updated. And it was NOT a smoking room which has been a huge issue with past reservations in this area. And the staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend this property with the only caveat being the lack of an elevator to the 2nd floor. This was not an issue for me, but may be for others. I did not utilize the breakfast area, the pool, or the workout area but all looked to be clean and neat.

Room Tip: I was on the end room, facing the entrance, and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We greatly appreciate your business and happy to have you as our guest! Thank you for the review of your stay and we are delighted to hear of your positive guest experience. We hope to see you back again in the near future. Safe travels!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Our church group stayed here on June 26-29, 2014 for the Forward Youth Conference they were attending. They LOVED it!! The beds were so comfortable, location was great & even during the booking process the staff was excellent & accomodating. We changed our reservations a couple of times due to a mix up on our end but they were helpful & wonderful during the entire process. I would definately refer a friend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We appreciate you choosing Courtyard by Marriott and our location to host your group duirng the FORWARD conference.

I am delighted to hear about your wonderful experience with my associates. They work hard to please all of our guests and I will be sure to share the accolades with them. We hope to have the honor of hosting your group again next year!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Terrible experience at this courtyard, first I could not check in until about 1pm, where as most place let you at 10am. however the big issue was their sketchy card hold they told me was $20. That should clear and not charge once you check out if there was no incidents.
I check my bank account and there is a $200 charge, I had already paid for the room a $62 amount through priceline. They said at check in, yes its paid, just need your card again for the hold incident fee. I try to speak with a supervisor, and just get the run around, and only speak with a regular employee, who says its a mistake and would clear the next day. I call several times after having to check out to get back home, same thing happens. I call headquarters, and they are no help to at all, and tell me that the hotel is now saying they only they charged me the $20.
I am very disappointed in all the lies, run around and errors this hotel and its employees .
Do NOT stay here.

Room Tip: No view at all anywhere
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

We appreciate you taking time to review your stay and are saddened that it was not up to your standards. We do our best to accommodate an early check-in and we apologize this was not the case on the day of your arrival. As for incidentals, we do require either a cash deposit or a credit card to be provided which would cover any additional charges above room and tax. I appreciate you bringing the additional authorization of the credit card to the attention of our Front Office Supervisor; as I understand it, she contacted the provider and had the authorization released. If I have been mistaken, please reach back out to myself and I will address it. Safe travels on your future trips!

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Pros:
This hotel is conveniently located next to restaurants and the highway. Rooms are clean.

Cons:
WAY out dated -feels more like a Motel 6 than a Courtyard. Old lobby, worn carpets, no elevator (two story building), and NO Bistro. The other nearby Courtyard is MUCH nicer. I won't be staying here again until they renovate.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. Although we are an older product, we take great pride in providing a clean and friendly environment. We are anticipating a rooms and public space renovation later in 2014 and into first quarter, 2015. We look forward to seeing you once again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This is a two - storey hotel right next to the interstate and it looks pretty hard used by this point (I think I first stayed here on a family trip in 1999) and the owners seem to be fairly self-conscious about the fact that there's no elevator installed. Honestly, I'd say for most of us the stairs are easily negotiated, and not to worry and truthfully the staff were bright, cheerful, helpful, and generally positively well motivated - which is unusual these days.
Having said that, the area surrounding is a bit grim....take food and pop it in the in room refrigerator, don't be walking the area after dark....the lot is barred off for good reason.
Room was nice enough (though showing some age) - I figure the property could do with some sprucing up fairly soon.
Bed was comfy, desk was...alright.....chair was a disaster, the AC was iffy too.
Connecting to the WiFi required an IT degree.
Breakfast AOK and service adequate. Location for on/off freeway can't be beat.
Priceline less than $100/nite - and CLEAN and PLEASANT.
Outdoor Pool looked nice but I didn't try it personally.
The room #151 is next to in-house laundry and the noise of the dryers sounded like the engines on a 737 spooling up.....which was disconcerting when i wanted an early night.
So, all in all, get there late, leave early, eat in your room, take your own WiFi hotspot.....don't leave valuables in the car, back on the road in the morning. You'll be fine.
Wish I could say something nicer.....but I am being honest.

Room Tip: Anywhere but room 151 for reasons explained.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank butlinz
Mike_Boscoe, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay. Although we have seen many changes to the area over the years, the area continues to redevelop in a positive way. Our hotel should undergo a rooms and public space renovation starting in 4th quarter; please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I just wanted to take the time to recognize, and honor, one of the front desk staff here. Her name is Micaela and she is exceptional. I own six businesses in and around Atlanta GA and stay in hotels approximately six or seven months out of every year, thus the quality of my stays is paramount to my decision to offer my loyalty to one specific hotel over so many others. I am inclined to state that the Courtyard Marriott is quickly becoming that favorite hotel because the most important key to a successful hotel is always, overwhelmingly going to be the employees and how they make the guests feel. In order for me to feel the way Micaela has made me feel about The Courtyard Marriott. Micaela has demonstrated to me what I desire the most in my own employees. A sincere desire to please customers that stems from genuine gratitude and a desire to represent her employer honorably. That sincerity is a characteristic that I felt compelled to recognize Micaela for. It is also the thing that benefits the Courtyard Marriott the most by their decision to hire Micaela . It is the thing that creates customer loyalty due to the fact that they feel valued and really appreciated. It is more important top me than a luxurious bed, suite upgrade, free breakfast etc. Congratulations Courtyard Marriott for hiring such a worthy individual as Micaela. Please recognize this young lady for her outstanding service to your guests and you. She deserves it.

Room Tip: Go see Takira when you check into the hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kervin D, Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Norcross/I-85, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words. We at the Courtyard Norcross I-85 strive to provide excellent customer service, comfortable and relaxing environment, and a place where you can come to be recharged. We look forward to having you as a guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

My family and I have stayed in this hotel several times over the last year. The hotel rate is typically the cheapest Marriott property in Norcross, and because I'm an Elite Marriott member we can upgrade to a suite at no extra cost if one is available. This makes Courtyard properties great for our family.

The hotel itself is a little outdated, and this is most obvious in the bathrooms and carpeting. However, it is well maintained and I have always found it to be clean. The highlight of the hotel is the staff. They are always friendly and helpful, and often provide coloring books for my kids. On one stay, the staff who greeted me remembered us from a prior stay and that was a nice touch.

On a recent stay, my husband left his Bluetooth headset in the room and we called back, not expecting it to be found. we were very appreciative that housekeeping had found the headset and turned it in so that we could get it back.

The hotel is walking distance to a McDonalds and Cracker Barrel, and there is a variety of ethnic foods along the culturally diverse Jimmy Carter Blvd a few minutes away. The hotel is just off interstate I-85, which is convenient. Getting back to the interstate once you've left the hotel is a little trickier than getting to the hotel, and will probably add 5 minutes to your trip.

Room Tip: There is no elevator in the hotel, so if stairs are a problem for you then request a first floor roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are anticipating a rooms and public space renovation in late- 2014. Please come back and visit us again to see the newly renovated product.