“There has to be better places than this”

Jameson Inn Oakwood
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oakwood
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The first room I was shown was absolutely worn and dated. I switched rooms after having to insist on it with the uncooperative check-in manager. I had a one night stay free coupon for this room or I would have kept driving. The second room was only marginally better. To be fair, I did not wait around for breakfast so that may have been decent. The room seemed clean but just in dire need of refreshing.

Room Tip: I asked for a handicapped room since the hotel was wide open on the night I stayed and the handicapp...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank thetinman56

Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was a decent enough hotel, but the towels were very thin and even though we had three people registered in our room, there were only enough for two people. Every day we had to go to the front desk to get another set of towels, which got old.

The place need some tlc, but it was ok for the cost.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank KH5263
Reviewed 6 May 2009

My wife and I stayed at jameson inn, Oakwood and enjoyed our stayed. Staff was very polite and room were small but clean. We enjoyed fitteness center and microwave and fridge was worked out well for us as we stayed 4 nights.
I recomand to everyone who goes to this area. Nearby lake has good view and for people like us for walking and Walmart is just next door.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank teggy01
Reviewed 3 October 2007

Stayed at the Jameson Inn in August of 2007. The rooms were relatively basic, with very, VERY few frills. On my first evening at the hotel, I turned on my hair dryer to dry off, and a cockroach flew out of the dryer and into my hair. Upon opening the cabinets under my sink, I noticed a lot of roach droppings that had piled up since who-know's-when...

The breakfast is barely qualified to be referred to as "Continental". Stale Cheerios, Corn Flakes, or Raisin Bran, absolutely fake orange juice, the milk was hot (most likely powdered), no sugar-free syrup, the Hotel Manager, was spraying bleach next to my food while I was trying to prepare it, and was constantly in the way.

The air conditioner barely worked, and struggled the keep the room below 90 degrees. My husband and I noticed, some sort of "human stain", and I think you know what I am referring to, all over the in-room recliner. It was so bad it looked like something out of CSI.

The entire staff were extremely rude, with the exception of Mary, who was always friendly, accomodating, and quite helpful. The rest of the staff, were unhelpful, rude, and difficult to deal with. The maid service was abysmal, often bringing broken bars of soap, and shampoo with the seal already broken.

Finally, my husband left the door open to try and let the room cool off due to the malfunctioning air conditioner, and the hotel manager continually would enter the room. I am talking about actually setting foot INSIDE the room. Then he said, "Oh! Door open."

The straw that broke this camel's back was when I attempted to return to my room in the morning with my husband's breakfast, and the hotel manager threatened to charge me $10.00 for leaving the breakfast area with ANY items whatsoever. We are talking about two bowls of cereal, and two glasses of juice. Ridiculous!

We are often traveling, and stay in many motels and hotels, but my family's experience at the Jameson Inn of Oakwood was nothing short of terrible. STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank SharonWilson
Reviewed 29 January 2007

Stayed at Jameson Inn on Jan 27-29. Found motel to be very basic in terms of other Jameson Inn we stayed in. Nothing was wrong with this location. Clean and very nice staff. Mary was very helpful in booking the room. I would advise anyone going to Gainesville Ga that after see the other motel/hotel in the downtown area, we made a wise choise in staying in the Oakwood area. It's only 5 miles I would say from the motel. The choise of resturants are limited around the motel to fast food. But if leave the motel going toward downtown, you will run into a very nice shopping area with many more resturants. Note there is a new Walmart being built next door to the Jameson Inn.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank motorycle
Reviewed 14 January 2006

My husband and I just stayed at the Jameson Inn in Oakwood and were by no means impressed with the frills and amenities. But if you're looking for a clean, quiet hotel outside the hustle and bustle of Atlanta (yet fairly close), then this is more than adequate. I guess you pay for what you get....

I am very picky about the cleanliness of where I sleep, and I had no worries about this at the Jameson. The hotel appeared older, and the two beds in our room were small (double size), but it was adequate for our purposes. The best feature by far was the location, right off I-985, just north of Atlanta. So our stay was very quiet and the hotel is very easy to get to. The usual fast food places (Taco Bell, KFC, Arby's, Zaxby's, etc.) are all nearby.

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank christye75
Reviewed 7 June 2005

I had a great stay at the Jameson Inn of Ga. It was a clean , newly refurbished hotel with excellent customer service. The staff were very nice and friendly and I would stay here again on my next trip. The hotel is quiet and relaxing with a gym and pool. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel offers a great complimentary breakfast and there are many restaurants in the area. The location of the hotel is also great , near the interstate and near local attractions including lake Lanier. Cant wait to stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2005
4  Thank pa150
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakwood
Best Western Plus Lake Lanier Gainesville Hotel & Suites
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Jefferson
Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Been to Jameson Inn Oakwood? Share your experiences!