“Great for Local Layover”

Jameson Inn Oakwood
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oakwood
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel is conveniently located just outside of downtown Gainesville. Although it is a small operation, they have a very nice included breakfast. We found the rooms to be basic but clean. I asked for a room on the first floor which we got. The lights are very bright outside but the drapes worked well. It is a good property for a layover if you have business in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Shower pressure lackluster. Beds are subpar. Coffee Maker did not work. TV o.k. Highlight of my stay was the a/c. On low setting it will run you out of there which is good when you exit the showers. I tend to sweat when getting out of shower so the cool air cuts down on that. Nothing is more aggravating than getting out of the shower and beginning to sweat. It's as if you haven't even showered.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank yaacovlev7
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I made a reservation for this hotel months ago and got the AAA price of $59.99 with a confirmation number. When I checked in, they told me my price was $69.99. When I protested and showed them my confirmation, they told me "well that was before we knew there was an event going on". After I again protested, they told me the going price for a room for the evening was $79.99 so the $69.99 price was good and I could go elsewhere. I have NEVER had any hotel change the price of a room after I have reserved with a credit card and have a confirmation number. Simply AMAZING!! I ended up staying and the room was pretty run down. I'm a little concerned with the peeling paint and black mold that was above my shower. I have not yet had any ill effects, so maybe you too can take your chances!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Marileemed
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The room smelled awful, to start. It was definitely dirty looking and old/worn. The interior decorating was very busy. Also, we were on the second floor and could hear everyone outside and next door all night, walking around outside and closing their doors made our beds vibrate. This isn't the worst place I've ever stayed, but it was definitely pretty gross.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AEW86
Reviewed 15 July 2012

This hotel has a great location, however it is in need of some serious inside updating and cleaning. The customer service by the staff was great, very friendly.

The rooms are dark and dingy, out, outdated dark furniture that is fairly beat up and marked up. no office chair, just an old straight chair. The carpet was so dirty that just walking accross it your which socks would turn almost black. The bedspread was dirty and had an oder as well, the banket on the bed was worn and had several small holes in it. The last thing was the bath towels were a joke, small, and totally worn out, super thin.
For the room rate here I would highly recommend going down the road to someplace else. I have stayed in several Jameson Inn's, this was the worst, and I honestly do not know how even meets there chain standards.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BeachbumOBX01
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The first room I was shown was absolutely worn and dated. I switched rooms after having to insist on it with the uncooperative check-in manager. I had a one night stay free coupon for this room or I would have kept driving. The second room was only marginally better. To be fair, I did not wait around for breakfast so that may have been decent. The room seemed clean but just in dire need of refreshing.

Room Tip: I asked for a handicapped room since the hotel was wide open on the night I stayed and the handicapp...