“Great getaway from Atlanta”
Review of Inn at Serenbe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palmetto
Inn at Serenbe
Ranked #1 of 4 Palmetto B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great getaway from Atlanta”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I visited Serenbe for the first time on a work function and knew I had to go back and take my husband. We decided to spend our first wedding anniversary at the Inn at Serenbe while using the weekend to relax. It couldn't have been a better trip. (Well, maybe it would have been better if it didn't rain, but we can't control that.) We stayed in Room 5 in the Inn and loved the space. It was huge, clean and private. We had dinner at the Farmhouse and could have sat there all night if they would have continued to bring out food for us. Everyone we met was friendly and helpful. The entire community is full of friendly people. Out on our walk through town on Saturday we met so many lovely people enjoying the peaceful little community. We can't wait to go back and about an hour from Atlanta, it's actually closer to us than some of our friends who also live in "Atlanta". I highly recommend staying at the Inn and getting up Sunday for their breakfast and then feeding the farm animals.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katie D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I received a nights stay as a gift from my daughter. We stayed in Room 1 of the main house which is a beautiful room. The problem is you hear and smell everything that is going on in the dining room. Once dinner was over things quieted down, yet in the middle of the night you could hear the staff walking through the kitchen. That said, we enjoyed the stay and had a wonderful dinner at The Farmhouse restaurant. The grounds were beautiful and we had no issues with the staff. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Some reviewers said the animals were not cared for, but we did not see any evidence that they were without food or water or that any seemed diseased. Some were dirty...but they are farm animals. We enjoyed our trail ride as well. Over all it was a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Room 1 is lovely, but next to kitchen so expect noise and smells.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ginny K
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We were a bit nervous about our stay after reading some recent reviews. However, we were very happy with our experience at Serenbe. The staff at both guest services and at the Farmhouse Restaurant were attentive and answered questions readily. Our room in the lakehouse was very clean, quiet and comfortable. We loved walking the grounds and found it a wonderful way to unwind and relax. If you are expecting a luxury accommodation in a big city, this is not for you. But, if you are desiring very comfortable accomodations in a very serene setting just outside of Atlanta please keep Serenbe in mind. It's a gem in its very special way.

Room Tip: The rooms in the main house do not allow children if this is of interest.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JudyBK
Garnie N, Owner at Inn at Serenbe, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Judy -

Thank you for your review and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in the Lakehouse. We hope to see you at Serenbe again soon.

Best,

Garnie Nygren
Atlanta
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We so enjoyed our trip to Serenbe this past Thursday evening. It was a belated Valentines celebration since our original trip had to be postponed due to the ice storm Atlanta suffered on Feb 13th two weeks before. As usual we reserved one of our two favorite rooms in the main house and staked out a card playing table close to the bar for happy hour (4 to 6) followed with a dinner reservation at the Farmhouse at 6:30. We had a blast hanging out with the bartender all evening while playing cards and enjoying 2 for 1 drinks until time for dinner! I have to say our room was wonderful...everything was so perfect and comfortable. Dinner at the Farmhouse restaurant was amazing as usual. Morning breakfast was nice with scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, pancakes, and biscuits and afterwards walking around the farm visiting all of the farm animals before checkout was a blast...the pig always cracks me up. Serenbe is a great escape from Atlanta!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike3889
Garnie N, Owner at Inn at Serenbe, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Hi Mike -

We are delighted that you all had a wonderful experience at Serenbe. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,

The Inn at Serenbe Team.
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Where do I start? Unanswered phone calls, emails not responded or replies after 5-7 days, told by the reservationist when asking about Serenbe "I don't know" (how many beds in the house?) or "Why don't you look on the internet for an answer" (what events are taking place?)- and this all while I am trying to make a reservation/spend money (lots of $) with them. I have had better service at the big, inexpensive hotel chains. Never would I make a reservation with Inn at Serenbe again. I was extremely uneasy that the staff would not live up to their reluctant/delayed assurances and I eventually, with much relief, cancelled all plans - going anywhere but Serenbe. The grounds and concept at Serenbe are lovely but customer service was disorganized at best to nonexistent.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank spotboo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I planned a romantic getaway only to be totally disappointed. The cottage was covered in mold, none of the appliances worked, the heat didn't work so we froze all night, and there was what looked like a blood stain on our bed sheets. When we notified guest services, who notified management, nothing was done. Our sheets weren't even exchanged. Also, our cottage wasn't ready by their check in time which is 3 o'clock p.m., and we weren't able to get our key until almost 5. Being that their check out is at 11 a.m., that didn't give us much time for our getaway. We were excited to eat at their restaurant we had heard so much about (but failed to hear how small the portions were), and knew that they offer a special that includes dinner that would overall discount the nightly rate; they never applied the discount to our room. They charged us full price which was $250 more than what was originally quoted. They also have an animal farm on the property that at first sight, we thought was sweet. But after seeing their animals up close, some of them have a horrible something in their fur that I'm sure needs to be seen by a vet. I also mentioned this to them at check out and they rolled their eyes at us. They could have literally cared less that we had a miserable time and that their animals were noticeably sick. I told one of the Guest Services girls that I was worried about their animals and I was shocked when she told me quietly that they "just mostly use them for marketing purposes and also feels bad for them." Had I known this beforehand, we would have never paid them one dollar to stay at their out dated property. Their "amenities" are all extremely inconvenient as well. I would never recommend this place to anyone. We were absolutely MISERABLE. Total waste of money and horrible management.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank nancy k
atlanta
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have stayed at the Inn in Serenbe 3 times. I love the atmosphere, the quiet country feeling of this upscale B&B.I have stayed in very nice rooms in the old farm house which have met my every expectation. I rented the Mimosa cottage this time because we were joined by friends and wanted some room to lounge together. My mistake was assuming the quality of all the accomodations would match the rooms in the farmhouse, and that simply is not so.
The cost of the cottage was $400 with $30 per person added to that because there would be 4 adults. The price of making up an extra bed does not come cheap.
The cottage was very much like a rustic cabin which was not being maintained. The only thing of quality was the bed and linens.

Room Tip: there are several free standing homes which can accomodate groups that appear newer and better kept.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank mrsbudboden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palmetto
Downtown
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 26 in College Park

Been to Inn at Serenbe? Share your experiences!