“Magical weekend getaway so close to Atlanta!!”
Review of Inn at Serenbe

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palmetto
Inn at Serenbe
Ranked #1 of 4 Palmetto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Serenbe is a magical and incredibly relaxing place. It is only 45 min from Atlanta yet it feels a world away. The grounds of the Inn are so beautiful. You can walk the trails and pet so many wonderful animals. Then you can explore the community which has several charming shops and two delicious restaurants.
The negative reviews are definitely giving a very incorrect impression.
Go check it out for yourself.....trust me you will be very happy you did!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ge0rgia85

Reviewed 23 December 2008

My husband & I were contacted by Sernebe b/c they realized that our "complaints" from a previous trip were ignored. They gave us a comp certificate for a one night's stay.

The second time around, things were GREATLY improved. We learned that Serenbe had made some changes in management since the last time we were there. We were very pleased with the change in management & level of service.

I'm glad we went back. We had a nice, relaxing weekend. Thanks, Serenbe!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank loves2travel81
Reviewed 18 December 2008

What an outstanding place to stay!!! We had the unbelievable opportunity to stay over a weekend (Fri/Sat) after receiving a gift certificate from a thoughtful friend. I must say, the grounds are nothing short of stunning. We were there during the fall and was absolutelt beautiful so I can only imagine the wonderful plantings during SPRING!!! The staff was very accomodating with helping us find our room and handling my husbands unique allergies to goose down and garlic.

The Farmhouse restaurant definitely does not disappoint, it was delish! A friendly staff member told us they had recently changed chefs but you would not have been able to tell. The service was impeccable and the food was outstanding. In fact, my husband and I are planning a repeat stay to utilize the special they offer during the weekdays.

If you plan on staying at The Inn at Serenbe treat yourself to a walk through the lovely community of Serenbe where there are several cute shops to hunt through for unique trinkets and souvenirs.

If you plan on staying during the warmer months bring some bugspray, a bathing suit and some tennies cause you are going to walk around and check this place out on foot. There are two swimming pools to enjoy too.

You have got to check out this beautiful setting. What a gem, and so amazingly close to the hustle and bustle of Atlanta!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lucyhorchow
Reviewed 3 December 2008

The Inn, property, and restaurant are very very nice. The staff is also very good with the exception of reservations. My wife and I have spent time at the Inn on two occasions and attempted a third. The first occasion went fine. Upon leaving we made a reservation for a year later. On our second occasion we called a week prior to our visit to be informed that someone on their staff who no longer worked there had moved our reservation for another party. After much effort they honored our year long reservation. Upon leaving we again reserved for a year later. This year we called three months prior to our expected arrival to be told that our reservation was "bumped" for a huge wedding. We will never return since we either are not important enough or don't have the funds available to buy a reservation.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
8  Thank malmet
Reviewed 3 November 2008

This was our 3rd stay at Serenbe Inn, and our last. Our first time there we experienced problems and wrote them off to a one-time thing. On our second trip we called it coincidence. But this was our third time, and it's an obvious pattern.

To begin with we arrived for our 3:00 pm check-in time at 4:00. The room wasn't quite ready yet, and we were told it would be just a few minutes, which it was. We booked Mimosa cabin, which was not available previously during our other two stays. The representative we spoke with on the phone described Mimosa as a cottage that was original to the farm that had been renovated.

By "renovated" they meant they put old furniture in it and hung some curtains. The couch had a noticeable stain on the cushion (not rare for Serenbe at all) and hair on the top of it (again, very common here). An empty Sprite can was on the kitchen counter top, and there were ashes all over the floor of the back porch area. Does anyone clean this place?? There was a tv and a Directv box (no efforts are made to hide the mass jumble of wires that just lays on the floor) but it wasn't working.

I called the front desk to report a few of the problems, and without further prompting I was asked if we wanted to move to the only other available room. We agreed to be moved to Room 5 of the Main House, even though it was just a room and not a cottage.

First impressions of the room were nice, it looked clean and was in much better shape than the cottage. Spending just a few minutes inside though quickly showed us what we've now come to expect from Serenbe Inn. To start we had a nasty looking green stain on the duvet cover (there's NO WAY they ever wash the duvets...the sheets are always fine, but the duvet has been dirty in all 4 rooms we've now stayed in). Getting ready for dinner I had two towels in a row with very bad stains, my third was fine. Unrolling a hand towel revealed a clump of brown hair...again, par for the course. The smoke detector had been taken down and I found it in a drawer with a dead battery.

We got ready and had dinner at the Hil, which is pretty much the only reason we had considered coming back here after our last two visits. The food is always excellent and we've made a few good memories there, but it's too far to drive just to eat.

So along with jetted tubs that don't work and a room full of ladybugs and stains (our first two visits), we're done with Serenbe. I've let management know about our experience, and while they seem sympathetic the only reply you'll get is "we hope you'll give us another chance." Well we have, three times now.

Serenbe Inn could be and might have been a great place at one time, but there is zero chance I'd recommend this place to anyone. There are too many places where I can spend my money to continue to give them my business. My wife and I have stayed in 5-bedroom cabins in North Carolina that were the same amount per night as the cottages at Serenbe and MUCH cleaner, and everything works.

Buy into the fancy website and advertising if you want, but stay here at your own risk.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
11  Thank ManningIsKing
Reviewed 26 October 2008

We stayed in units 24, 25 and 26 for my daughter's wedding. What a beautiful place!! The farm is fantastic as is the food and service.The units are rustic and could use some maintenance help. The maid service is minimal. We got the showerhead fixed quickly though the water pressure was still poor. If staying more than a night I would recommend renting a golf cart to cruise the grounds as well as to drive into the Serenbe community. If able, try the Hil restaurant--it is awesome.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank DRPETE24
Reviewed 14 October 2008

Let me first say my girl friend and I stayed for a wedding for one night. Every room we were in looked beautiful, but this was before we found out which room was ours. As others have stated, this place was like a paradise getaway. That was, until they gave us our key to room 21.

Room 21 was like a childrens ward from the 1930's. Three beds, angled ceilings, beds shoved against the low ceilings. This was NOT a room for adults..............and it wasn't a room for children either.
When we stepped into the room, we got a sinking feeling. There was an odor of must and mold. The reason; I went to hang my suit in the closet, and on the door, and every wall in the closet was a lot of mold.
Step into the bathroom, and there were holes big enough to stick your fingers through in the floor. One of the sinks faucets didn't work either. They were not bolted properly, so the whole faucet would spin in your hand.
Next was the furniture. Not antique, but it appeared to have been left out in a rainstorm, with many disgusting stains. Two of the chairs were covered over with comforters, and the couch was fully exposed with stains, and what was worse, after the shock of the furniture after lifting the covers, we decided to look under the cushions. Horrified by what we found, mouse droppings under the cushions!
This meant one of two things, either the furniture was never vacuumed, OR, there was still a mouse living in the furniture. After investigating the room, we assumed it was never vacuumed since we found rat poison packs under the eaves of the roof in the storage areas.
The room was supposed to have "old school charm", however it was the most unpleasant room I've ever stayed in.
Due to arrangements made for us during the wedding and with the timing, it was impossible to get a room somewhere else at Serenbe, or anywhere else. My girlfriend told me she would rather sleep in the car. Probably a wiser choice, but I convinced her to stay in the room with me. Basically, I knew we both couldn't sleep in the car comfortably. She saw some large stains on the pillow covers that looked like someone had drooled on them, and just threw them on the floor in disgust.

I discussed the room with the clerk and she mentioned refunding my money for the room.

Honestly, this was truly a bad situation since EVERYTHING else at Serenbe looked so beautiful. I just can't imagine how this one room slipped past all inspection, or how no one ever complained about it.

If you go to Serenbe, I don't want this warning of room 21 to keep you from going and enjoying Serenbe, however, I am just suggesting that you avoid room 21 at all costs.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
16  Thank SBGSRG

Been to Inn at Serenbe? Share your experiences!